Written by Robot Entertainment
1. - Mobile Game of the Year winner (2013 D.I.C.E. Awards), featured in App Store’s Best of 2012, nominated for Best Handheld/Mobile Game (2013 Game Developer’s Choice Awards) and past features in App Store's What's Hot and Staff Favorite! - "Bite size strategy you can't put down" - Touch Arcade, 4.5 Stars - "It's a ridiculous amount of fun" - 148Apps, 5 Stars; Editor’s Choice - "What’s important is that you download this ridiculously free app for your iOS device immediately" - Penny Arcade - "The game looks great, and the diverse amount of units allow for some really creative play." - Nine Over...
Latest Version: 1.4.4
Rated 4.0/5 By 201 People
What does Hero Academy do? - Mobile Game of the Year winner (2013 D.I.C.E. Awards), featured in App Store’s Best of 2012, nominated for Best Handheld/Mobile Game (2013 Game Developer’s Choice Awards) and past features in App Store's What's Hot and Staff Favorite!
- "Bite size strategy you can't put down" - Touch Arcade, 4.5 Stars
- "It's a ridiculous amount of fun" - 148Apps, 5 Stars; Editor’s Choice
- "What’s important is that you download this ridiculously free app for your iOS device immediately" - Penny Arcade
- "The game looks great, and the diverse amount of units allow for some really creative play." - Nine Over Ten, 5 Stars
Test your skills in this lighthearted battle between friends -- from the makers of Age of Empires and Halo Wars!
Heroic teams have gathered to engage in friendly contests on the Academy playfields. Will your team emerge triumphant?
Enter a world of swords and magic, and challenge friends old and new to a contest of tactics and skill. From the human Council to the mysterious Dark Elves, every team needs a fearless captain to lead them to victory. Only those that leverage their team’s strengths and capitalize on their opponent’s weaknesses will protect their crystal and win the day. The Academy extends a warm welcome to all – whether they’re already heroes, or simply heroes in training!
• Highly accessible turn-based gameplay
• Easy to learn – jump right in and play!
• Play with friends or random opponents
• Colorful light-hearted graphics and sound
• Random playfields keeps battles fresh!
• Get started with the free Council team
• Expand your roster with additional teams!
• Customize your team
• Invite your Twitter followers to play!
• Chat with your opponents in-game
• Push notifications alert you to your turns
Follow us on Twitter @HeroAcademy, and visit our Facebook page at HeroAcademyApp!
Download and Install Hero Academy
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
If you want to download the software on your pc or mac, you could either first visit the Mac store or Windows AppStore and search for the app OR you can easily use any of the download links we provided above under the "Download and Install" header section to download the application
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
I dig it
The game is challenging. I like the how each team can capitalize on each other. There isn’t a dominant team (but players online wreck). I like to just play with a couple friends, my fiance, rarely online. The puzzles are fun, too. It’s a good way to learn new combos, I would recommend checking them out when you’re just bored alone.
All in all, go for it.
Could be awesome… if it was fair.
This game is absolutely unplayable unless you buy all of the upgrades, because all of the addons are a *LOT* tougher then the set it comes with, and you simply cant control what opponent type you will get. So, 95% of the time, you are going to get someone who has the elves, drawves, etc, and you are screwed before you even start.
There are challenges and stuff you can play one player to learn a bit of the basics, but you are still completely screwed if you do not buy the upgrades - and I am not spending money before I can evaluate if I like the game.
Even if I DID buy the upgrades, I would still want to be able to play elf-elf only, or pick my oppenent type, because of the huge advantages. Otherwise, it is like bragging about beating up the slow kid on the special bus...
This is an example of a very good tactical game where you need to think how your units need to be placed on the board and what gear should they wear. Step-by-step vs your online opponent thinking the same way. There is no best move, but there are plenty of possible bad moves. Think twice before you hit submit your turn button.
Too many errors
I doubt its my new Mac Book Air, this game keeps in giving me way to many errors and it is laggy.
Once no internet connection, another some other weird errors.
Please debug this game and please time every turn this way people can focus in finishing their game rather than waiting two days to hear back from them.
I am suggesting to add a time limit per turn, athorwise this game will be dull as hell and boring if users are not interactive.