Point Planck Limited
1. If you need help extracting archives en masse or checking SFV / MD5 / SHA1 / SHA256 files then FileBot will get that done too.
2. FileBot will match your files against TheMovieDB or TheTVDB and then rename (or move / copy / symlink / hardlink) them exactly the way you want it.
3. FileBot is the ultimate tool for organizing and renaming Movies, TV Shows, Anime or Music.
4. ► Tip #1: You can use drag-n-drop to load files from Finder into FileBot.
5. You can report bugs or request help by making a New Topic in the Forums.
6. Need help? Visit us at and have a look at the FAQ and Forums.
7. Feel free to contact us on Twitter or Facebook if you have any questions.
8. It's smart, highly customizable, and just works.
Download and Install FileBot - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
I just downloaded this application and renamed well over a thousand movie and video files in about half an hour. I initially started with 20 files at a time then moved on to entire folders once I saw how well the program worked.
This software is very easy to use, fast, and accurate. If the original filename is really malformed or not specific FileBot identifies it and asks you for the correct match. It then ensures the filename is actually a valid filename (removes invalid characters) and processes the renaming very quickly. I did this on a remote NAS and the renaming was extremely fast.
Overall this is an awesome application: it does exactly what it claims and does it well.
Has saved me TONS of time
I used to have a collection of python scripts that would (attempt to) fetch info from an online database in order to rename my media files before adding to Plex Media Server. However, the library that I relied on to fetch the data no longer works, so I needed to find another solution or rewrite my scripts, which I didn’t have time for. I found FileBot and have been so relieved to have a solid, FAST way to rename files. I love that I can preview the matched titles before renaming my files, to prevent a mess if it happens to match something up incorrectly due to typos on my part. Highly recommended!
A true *must-have*
I’m happy to see this application in the App Store! I’ve been using FileBot for years, and it feels good to cough up a few bucks! It’s a pity there’s no non-App Store build available, though, because a lot of people on Macs aren’t going to discover this awesome tool.
Epsidode and film naming, subtitles in multiple languages, and more.
The *only* reason I give it four instead of five stars is because as a Java app available on every platform, the Windows version just isn’t very Windows-like. It does the job, and I bought this application anyway.
Used this app for a long time now. There has been 2 times where it hasn’t worked and seemed to have sat there spinning. When going to the sources this uses, it seems those were the problem. They were down at those time thus this wasnt able to complete its lookup/actions. This was not this apps fault for this outage but rather the source of the info.
There has been a ton of odd naming schemes this has always been able to pull thru to the correct items.
Leave a review or comment