Zen Pinball 2 Overview
What is Zen Pinball 2? Zen Studios offers a free download of Zen Pinball 2, which includes the Sorcerer's Lair table for free. The game features realistic ball physics and graphical detail, challenging tables, and innovative features. Zen Pinball 2 also includes Marvel Pinball and Star Wars Pinball tables, and new tables are regularly released through in-app purchase. The game has received critical acclaim and has been nominated for several E3 awards. Zen Studios is a leader in videogame pinball, with millions of tables sold and the highest rated Metacritic pinball game of all time. The game can be played in hotseat multiplayer mode and includes rule sheets and achievements for each table. Zen Studios can be followed on Twitter, Facebook, their blog, YouTube, and forums.
1. Zen Pinball 2 sets a new standard for realistic ball physics and graphical detail in pinball video games employing cutting-edge visuals, challenging tables, true-to-life ball and table physics and combines them with innovative features not found in any other pinball game.
2. Williams™ Pinball classics are now available -- and Fish Tales™ is yours for FREE! Zen is proud to bring these amazing games to players around the world.
3. Zen Pinball 2 comes with the Sorcerer's Lair table absolutely free! There are no strings attached, we are giving you a FREE table.
4. ZEN PINBALL 2 INCLUDES THE CRITICALLY ACCLAIMED MARVEL PINBALL and STAR WARS PINBALL TABLES.
5. If you grew up with pinball machines, this will no doubt recapture a love long lost with the collapse of arcades.
6. Marvel Pinball is a great add-on to an already excellent experience.
7. We’re going to keep playing probably long after this review, and we’ll have no qualms ponying up for extra tables.
8. -New tables released regularly through in-app purchase.
Download and Install Zen Pinball 2 - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Some Good, Some Bad
1. No table preview. 2. Sometimes no helpful instructions - like what even gets you scores. 3. Some tables imaginitvie, but limited things you can do - howmany times can you go around and around? 4. DON'T get the Williams ones - lousy games, can't see them and stupid things like everytime the ball drains a clown throws a pie at you - soohh how long does that take to get old. 6. Some games not pinball - an arcade game with flippers and a ball (Back to the Future, which I likw, but it is not pinball). 7. Space between flippers HUGE, and side outs could't be plugged with a wool sock, so almost zero play time/ball., but play again lasts a long time - still, I 'd rather have a fair play. 8. I sometimes get awards, but they don't seem to mean anything. I'll stil play because I can't find a better one - Microsoft used to have a good one, but haven't seen it anywhere lately. All these are also too tied to specific themes I'm not in to (3 Jurassic Park, a zillion Start Wars), Marvel, etc.)
I really wanted to like it
Everything about this game is outstanding: physics, play action, graphics, views, UI, store integration, all great.
I just don’t like the tables. I bought two table and couldn’t stand them, obviously I’m not gong to keep buying tables hoping it gets better. The tables are rinse and repeat. The graphics and bells and whistles are completely over the top, practically seizure inducing. The side games within the tables are difficult to get to and mostly just frustrating, no intuitive play controls and you just get dumped with no way to gain skill. The bumpers mostly just seem in the way and don’t allow for skilled interaction. If there are plunger skill shots they’re well hidden, launch behavior seems predictably repetitive.
My take is just play the free table, it doesn’t get better; I much prefer it over the tables I purchased. At the risk of contradicting myself, I do like the free table, where my high score is 147,000,000, about an hour on a quarter. Anyway, I’m just gonna have to buy the from the guys with the classic tables where play action is more varied and less visually assaulting.
Why No “Preview” Tables Before Purchasing?
I do enjoy this very much. I have only bought one table though because I’m not up for wasting $2 or $3 a pop for a new table only to find out I don’t like it. Why is there not a feature to either watch a video simulation, or better yet, be allowed to play the table for one game to try it out? Surely, this would not be difficult to do within the app. I do not even know a way to view what the table even looks like prior to buying. I guarantee I would buy many more tables if this was an option. It would also raise my review to 5 stars!
Fun App… Amazing Customer Service!
Love pinball… love this app. As a “road warrior,” I play this on the plane, in hotels, etc. Great fun and stress reliever, whether on my MBP, iPad or iPhone. Great graphics, physics and humor. Had a glitch where I coundn’t get the app to restore my purchases after I upgraded my devices. Hit the “Support” button in the app, which generated an email screen. Explained the situation and attached receipts from my iTunes account history. It took Zen literally 9 minutes to respond and confirm that all of my purchased tables were again linked to my devices! Thanks, Gabor! With that kind of customer service, I plan to purchase more tables as they are developed. Thanks for being so responsive.
Leave a review or comment