Written by algoriddim GmbH
1. Whether you are a professional DJ or a beginner who just loves to play with music, djay offers you the most intuitive yet powerful DJ experience on an iPad or iPhone.
2. *** Introducing Neural Mix™: Algoriddim's revolutionary technology to deconstruct and mix music based on cutting edge AI.
3. Seamlessly integrated with your music library, djay allows you to mix your favorite songs and playlists.
Latest Version: 4.0.13
Rated 4.6/5 By 35,038 People
- Makes listening to music really fun
- Has intuitive features
- Allows you to play around with effects, record, mix
- Has a NeuralMix feature
- Has a full featured set of audio effects
- Updated tracks are unable to load
- Tracks are greyed with a playback error
- Requires a subscription
- Becoming too crowded with features
- Massive lag between the beat grid displayed and the sound played
What does djay - DJ App & AI Mixer do? *** Introducing Neural Mix™: Algoriddim's revolutionary technology to deconstruct and mix music based on cutting edge AI. Isolate vocals, drums, and instrumentals in real-time - for the first time ever! ***
djay transforms your iOS device into a full-featured DJ and music production system. Seamlessly integrated with your music library, djay allows you to mix your favorite songs and playlists. You can perform live, remix tracks, or enable Automix mode to let djay create a seamless mix for you automatically. Whether you are a professional DJ or a beginner who just loves to play with music, djay offers you the most intuitive yet powerful DJ experience on an iPad or iPhone.
- My Music, TIDAL Premium, SoundCloud Go+, Beatport LINK, Beatsource LINK, Files, and more*
*NOTE: As of July 1, 2020, Spotify will no longer be playable through 3rd party DJ apps. Please visit algoriddim.com/streaming-migration to learn how to migrate to a new supported service.
• Isolate vocals, drums, and instrumentals
• Remix drums, bass lines, melodies, and vocals of two songs
• Solo, swap and mute switches
• Fade between the instrumental and acappella of a song
• AI multi-track waveforms
MUSIC PRODUCTION TOOLS
• Sequencer: create beats on top of your music live
• Looper: remix your music with up to 48 loops per track
• Beat-matched sequencing of drums and samples
• Extensive content library with hundreds of loops and samples.
• Automatic mixes based on artificial intelligence
• Queue and Playlist automation
• Plug-and-play integration of over 50 MIDI controllers by Pioneer DJ, Reloop, Numark, Denon DJ, and more
• Advanced MIDI Learn to map any class-compliant MIDI controller
• Support for Bluetooth audio and MIDI
• Support for multi-channel USB audio interfaces and video output
NEW AUDIO ENGINE
• Ableton Link integration
• Sync Mode
• Post-fader FX
• High-res waveforms
BUILT FOR iOS
• Accessible via VoiceOver
• Airplay, Live Photos, Microsoft Watch, and iCloud integration
• 3D Touch, Haptic Feedback, Drag & Drop, Keyboard Shortcuts
• Multi-Tasking: Slide Over and Split View support
Top features of the optional Pro subscription include:
• Unlimited access to an extensive library of samples, loops, FX, and visuals
• Neural Mix™
• Sampler & Looper
• Automix AI
• Video Mixing
• Music Visualizers
• Single Deck mode
• 4-Deck mode
• Advanced media library editing
• Pre-cueing with headphones
• Hardware integration (MIDI controllers, multi-channel audio interfaces)
• Subscribe once, access unlimited djay Pro content and features across all of your iOS devices
• 7-day free trial: free access to all djay Pro content and features for one week, cancel anytime
• Subscribe to get unlimited access to all PRO features, loops, FX, sounds, and visuals
• Free trial subscription is automatically renewed unless cancelled 24 hours before the renewal
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
• Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, at the same price
• No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
• Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user’s Account Settings after purchase
Streaming service availability and pricing may vary depending on country, currency and service.
djay is compatible with any iPhone or iPad running iOS 12.2 or later.
For the best experience when using Neural Mix we recommend using an iOS device with an Microsoft Bionic chip. For the full list of Neural Mix supported devices please visit our web site.
Download and Install djay - DJ App & AI Mixer
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Most used app on my phone
Ever since my hardware started acting screwy, I decided to give some alternatives a try. I’ve only ever mixed and recorded analog... 1200s, CDJs with actual CDs, mixer into the AUX of a stereo, cassette recordings... I’ve never used software before. I wouldn’t even know how to connect my laptop to my mixer. Yeah I know... ridiculous, right? But if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Well... it broke. So I decided to give some of the DJ apps a try.
And I gotta say... most of the ones I tired were pretty terrible. Hot garbage, if I’m being honest. They had interesting qualities but wasn’t quite “there”. And the recordings sounded worse than my cassette recordings, hiss and all. This was the last app I tried. And I fell in love. So much so, I actually pay for it... and if you knew me... you’ll know I never spend money on apps. Only reason this is 4 stars instead of 5, is because the app drains my battery pretty quickly. Otherwise it’s be the full 5 stars.
Anyways, hope my review is helpful to someone on the fence about giving it a try. All I’ll say is, this is by far the best app I’ve come across that fulfills what I need in a DJ setup... and more. I’ve tried about 4 other ones, and not only is this smoother and easier to use, the UI is way better looking than the others I tried. Solve that battery draining problem and I’d go as far as it say it’s perfect (for what I need).
Bait and switch (updated)
I previously wrote an angry review with one star for this app. I am seriously annoyed with companies switching to a subscription model instead of supporting apps or desktop applications people have already paid for and expected support for. That said, I am updating my review and rating due to the fact that this update is excellent. It’s the best DJ app on iOS. For 4 stars, I implore Algoriddim GmbH to allow for more comprehensive editorial of the beat grid. Bonus points for allowing the user to create new audio files with truncated versions of tracks. Some songs have sliding, evolving, or distinct tempo sections. “Batdance” by Prince is a great example. There’s basically another song embedded in the middle of that track. As a vinyl DJ I understand that skill can overcome these limitations, but as an Microsoft customer who just bought a powerful new iPad Pro, I want my PC to use all it’s processor power to make my life easier and to free up my brain goo processor for other creative activities (microphone banter, visuals, dance-offs, etc).
For 5 stars, make this app compatible with Audiobus technology (like DJ Pro is/was).
I would also suggest, if they are receptive, ask Ableton if “DJ” can read .ALS files so that all the warp marking labor undertaken by users can be interpreted non-destructively (ie: without rendering a new audio file). Keep up the good work.
Leak on upload streaming on various platforms
When utilizing any streaming platform services, the updated tracks are unable to load. Certain tracks are greyed with a notification stating “playback error”. Even though tracks are playable while using other applications. I use Bluetooth technology to connect with speakers in order to listen and adjust levels and or equalizers to appropriately master manufactured tracks or contribute additional sounds or mixes into licensed tracks. I have made attempts to reset the program, however did not work and the last thing I would want is to loose data that are stored. I understand you can save all playlist tracks and other recordings via import/export, however there were times when certain tracks were not available nor displayed. Besides the minor bugs or glitches, this platform is by far the best I’ve ever have the privilege to assist others including myself in constructing musical sounds, recordings to even mixes.
Love it!...but it could use a few tweaks
This app is how I listen to music; I barely even use the music app anymore. I like the wide range of effects I can choose from, I like the malleability of the software when it comes to changing tempo and almost everything else. Lastly, I absolutely love how you can see the tempos and keys of songs while you're selecting one in your library and that you can change the pitch or keep it the same, even when you need to tweak the BPM a bit.
However, no great app is without its flaws. First off, there has been a recurring bug even since Djay 2 was a thing, where the app would mislabel the artist of quite a few of the songs in the music library. For example, the song "Astrocat" by an artist called PIXL is labeled by the app under a different artist in my library, for example, "Droptek and Tut Tut Child." Second off, I have a question. Djay 2 had a feature where you could record your own samples and make your own sample packs. It doesn't say whether this comes with pro features or not. Is that a pro features thing or was it removed entirely?
Again, I love the app, but just a few bugs may need to be fixed.
Best Dj app you can Download 1major flaw
This app is incredible taking Djing into the future all the features are next level. Being able to create stems on the fly is just mind boggling crazy good. But what is the point if you can play any of the music from the music app you either need tidal or deezer if you Do you can’t record your mixes. Which I understand using these apps that’s fine. So I load my iPhone & iPad with music I get from BpM supreme and I keep getting The music is DRM protected or not downloaded. And the music I have is Downloaded I keep checking and re download still get that error and can not be played but it works just fine in the desktop Djay app. It’s super frustrating the work around I have is using files app but still all my music playlist I can’t use is a frustrating experience. Been supporter since Day 1 literally followed algoriddim since 2012 and I subscribed right away when the app went monthly. And I support paying $5 because the Game changing features you guys offer but if I can not play any music on the music app that’s in my phone what’s the point l!! it’s Ike having a tricked out Ferrari that can’t leave the garage.