Written by AffinityBlue
1. More than a chromatic tuner, tone & chord generator, metronome, and recorder, Tunable is a music practice coach that can help you play steadily, in tune, and on beat anywhere you go.
2. Equipped with a unique “tuning history” display for viewing pitch as you play, an easy to use metronome and a handy audio recorder, Tunable is the perfect toolkit for beginning to professional musicians.
Latest Version: 3.2.9
Rated 4.8/5 By 5,514 People
- Easy to navigate
- Extremely helpful for most musical activities
- Metronome can be set for anything between 1 bpm or 400 bpm
- Can have 1-16 beats per measure
- Can subdivide all the way up to the 512th note
- Customizable tuner
- Record a practice session and the app will score you
- Includes a tone generator
- Tuning display is informative
- Ability to adjust pickiness for "in tune"
- Ability to transpose
- Built in metronome is useful, flexible and well designed
- Latest version has crashed twice in the last 10 minutes since downloaded
- Tuner within the app has become more unreliable and prone to freeze/crash
What does Tunable – Tuner & Metronome do? Join more than a million musicians and improve your playing with Tunable - Music Practice Tools. More than a chromatic tuner, tone & chord generator, metronome, and recorder, Tunable is a music practice coach that can help you play steadily, in tune, and on beat anywhere you go. Jam-packed with features to help with ear training, breath support, rhythm, timing, and dynamics, Tunable is easy to use yet feature-rich. Tunable tracks your playing habits and gives feedback to help you improve. Equipped with a unique “tuning history” display for viewing pitch as you play, an easy to use metronome and a handy audio recorder, Tunable is the perfect toolkit for beginning to professional musicians. Grab Tunable today and use in your next practice session, group rehearsal, band class, or live performance.
Why are Broadway musicians, students at Juilliard, National Youth Orchestras and beginning instrumentalists using Tunable?
GET FEEDBACK ON HOW YOU PLAY
• It's like a music instructor in your pocket. Record a practice session and get a practice score with note graphs to help summarize your playing.
LEARN TO PLAY IN TUNE WITH SUSTAINED PITCH HISTORY™
• Visualize how steadily you play or sing. The straighter the white line, the more consistent the pitch.
IMPROVE YOUR EAR WITH TONE AND CHORD GENERATOR
• Use the tone and chord generator to play and sustain chords with various tone options. Toggle between different temperaments to hear how they compare.
KEEP TEMPO WITH AN ACCURATE METRONOME
• See the pulse with a visual metronome. View subdivision and current beat, with a large display and (optional) visual flash.
RECORD YOUR SESSIONS AND SHARE WITH EASE
• Record practices and performances. Add reverb for a professional sound. Share recordings with family, friends, and teachers.
• Large, colorful tuning indicator clearly shows when in tune (green fills the screen)
• Clear, visual tuner with note, octave, cents (+\-), and frequency (Hz) display
• Sustained Pitch History™ tuning display to see how you’re sustaining notes over time
• Especially suited for wind instruments, strings, and vocals with note detection from Tuba to Piccolo
• Adjustable A=440 reference tone
• Create your own or change between Equal, Just, Pythagorean, and 15 other tuning temperaments
TONE AND CHORD GENERATOR
• Chromatic Tone Generator and Full Piano with multiple tone options
• Play and sustain single notes or chords
• Continues playing when the screen is locked or in the background
• Large number display with optional visual flash to see the downbeat and each subdivision
• Adjust tempo, beats per measure, and subdivision to fit your needs
• Accent or mute individual subdivisions
• Sync metronome to nearby devices so they run at the same tempo and in time (via Ableton Link)
• Select from over 30 metronome sounds
• Tempo Tap (tap metronome center to set a tempo)
• Continues playing when the screen is locked or in the background
RECORD PRACTICE SESSIONS
• Record and save unlimited recordings
• Receive a score and individual note graphs per recording
• Organize recordings into folders
• Search by name to find past recordings
• Easily share recordings and practice scores
• Playback recordings at 0x - 3x speed
• Transpose notes to any instrument
• 15 Notations to choose from
• AppleTV/AirPlay mirroring
• Dark and light themes
• Siri Shortcuts access to common tasks
Tunable is especially great with voice, wind, and string instruments:
• Guitar, Ukelele
• Piccolo, Flute
• Oboe, English Horn, Bassoon
• Trumpet and Cornet
• French Horn
• Tenor and Bass Trombone
• Euphonium and Tuba
• Violin, Viola, Chello, and Bass
• "The best tuner, metronome, and recorder on iOS and a pitch-perfect bargain for any musician." — MacLife
• "Tunable shows musicians what pitch-perfect means as they play." — Engadget
• "Tunable doesn't just tell you how you sound -- it shows you." — FastCoDesign
Download and Install Tunable – Tuner & Metronome
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Wonderful for all musicians!
This app is easy to navigate and is extremely helpful for most musical activities. Need a metronome? You can set it for anything between 1 bpm or 400 bpm, have 1-16 beats per measure, and it can subdivide all the way up to the 512th note (because you need that). You can also customize the tuner: tune vertically vs horizontally, change the concert A calibration, the instrument transposition, the alternate temperament, the temperament key, and change the theme (light or dark). You can also record a practice session, and the app will score you based on how often you were playing (or singing) in tune. It includes a tone generator. Anyways, a really great app and would definitely recommend for all instrument players.
I absolutely love this app which enables me to track tuning and vibrato as I play flute, record myself, have a metronome running with a variety of sounds and rhythms, and see personal practice scores for each session! I highly recommend tunable!
The only problem is that the latest version has crashed twice in the last 10 minutes since I downloaded it, which is very surprising and unfortunate. I hope the developers will fix it soon.
UPDATE: A few days after posting this review, the developers contacted me personally, saying they’d fixed the app and it should be working. And indeed, it works perfectly now! Thank you Tunable!
Useful and well designed
I find the tuning display very informative. It includes a graph of pitch vs time and a visually useful and helpful indication of how close the current pitch is. I also appreciate the ability to adjust its pickiness for "in tune", and to transpose (e.g. for b flat clarinet).
The built in metronome is also very useful, flexible and well designed. It offers quick and easy tempo setting via a band of tempos near the bottom, tap to set tempo, adjustable beats per measure and subdivisions per beat. And, of course, it can be used in tuner mode (including stopping and starting it).
The only thing I miss is a spectrum display (like TonalEnergy).
App freezing more and more... unable to tune
I’ve had Tunable for a couple of years now and have really loved it for most of that time, using it to tune my double bass accurately in noisy green rooms and loud orchestra rehearsals without issue.
However, it seems with each additional update to Tunable the tuner within the app has become more unreliable and prone to freeze / crash. At first, I would just have to close it and reopen the app and it would work fine afterwards. Now, frequently I’ll go to tune with the app and it won’t register that I’m playing any notes at all, or it registers at such a delay that I am unable to use it to tune at all, even if I am in a silent room... While it’s cool that Tunable has been adding new functions in the application, etc, I would rather that the tuner work.
At this point I’m deleting and looking for something else. Buy at your own risk
It’s worth the money, so parents of musicians just buy it
Tunable is all around the best tuner/met/drone on the App Store. With other apps you have to pay monthly to get half of the quality of tunable tuner/met/drone. The tuner can get as accurate as 2 cents and the tuner even tells you the hertz. The metronome shows each count clearly and it even has access to all sorts of subdivision. The drone is on point too. When I asked my Instructor which tuner to get tunable was the first app he mentioned. In conclusion don’t waste your money on a membership and just get tunable. Trust me throughout marching band tunable was a savior.