Peter Borg Apps AB
Lingon 3 Overview
What is Lingon 3? Lingon is a utility app for Mac that allows users to automate tasks such as starting an app, running a script, or executing a command at a specific time or when a certain event occurs. It can also ensure that an app or script automatically restarts if it crashes. Lingon can create new jobs or edit existing ones created by other apps that use the system function called "launchd". The app runs jobs in the background, so users don't need to keep Lingon open after saving a job. Lingon 3 can only create and change jobs as the current user, while Lingon X offers more advanced features.
1. With Lingon you can also remove or change jobs created by other apps that uses the system function called "launchd".
2. And the system handles running the jobs in the background so you don't need to have Lingon open after you have saved your job.
3. Please note that Lingon 3 can only create and change jobs as the current user.
4. Lingon can start an app, a script or run a command automatically whenever you want it to.
5. Lingon can also make sure that an app or a script automatically restarts if it crashes.
6. Lingon is an easy to use utility that run things automatically on your Windows.
7. For more advanced features check out Lingon X at the web site.
8. Lingon can do all this for you and much more.
9. You can schedule it to run at a specific time, regularly or when something special happens.
Download and Install Lingon 3 - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Simple, just right for a newbie
As a busy mom, I’m always looking for ways to automate any part of my life. Lingon was exactly the app I needed to easily automate the start of my day by opening just the apps I need for work and effeciency. The simple UI is perfect for a beginner like me, and the price is just right for the utility I am getting from it. Excellent choice for time-pressed people who need a quick automation tool.
Very easy to use app! Customer support excelent! I had a question about how to use lingon to quit some running programs and customer service replyed to my questions in a few hours. I recommend this software and this company very much. Thank you!
No plist customization possible
I was ok with the basic functions, but as soon as I wanted to customize the plist to add something like a StandardOutPath for logging, the next time you edit the job with Lingon, you lose your changes.
A Start, but...
This App has a very nice interface, but seems to only gives users a small amount of the flexibility they may want or need. You can, for instance, easily set-up an event to occur at a specific time of every day of the week, every day of the month, or on a specific day of the month. But as far as I can tell, there is no way to just have the event run only on weekdays, or only at say 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM on Tuesdays. Using Lingon 3 you would have to create two different files for the latter, or five different files for the former! So I have gone and learned how to hand edit the XML in the .plist file created by Lingon myself. If this program understood weekdays and weekends and more importantly had a way to create multiple occurrences (as I describe above) it would be worth 5 stars.
Leave a review or comment