Written by Peter Borg Apps AB
1. With Lingon you can also remove or change jobs created by other apps that uses the system function called "launchd".
2. And the system handles running the jobs in the background so you don't need to have Lingon open after you have saved your job.
3. Please note that Lingon 3 can only create and change jobs as the current user.
Latest Version: 3.1.5
What does Lingon 3 do? "A great utility...its UI is awesome" – Dave Hamilton, Mac Geek Gab & The Mac Observer
Lingon is an easy to use utility that run things automatically on your Mac.
Lingon can start an app, a script or run a command automatically whenever you want it to. You can schedule it to run at a specific time, regularly or when something special happens.
Lingon can also make sure that an app or a script automatically restarts if it crashes. With Lingon you can also remove or change jobs created by other apps that uses the system function called "launchd".
Lingon can do all this for you and much more. And the system handles running the jobs in the background so you don't need to have Lingon open after you have saved your job.
Please note that Lingon 3 can only create and change jobs as the current user. For more advanced features check out Lingon X at the web site.
There are two main ways to use Lingon:
• Edit or delete an existing job (which e.g. another service has created):
- Select the job from the list that you want to edit
- Make the changes you need and choose Save, or choose Delete from the File menu
• Create a new job:
- Choose New from the File menu
- Give the job a unique name
- Decide what you want to run (e.g. a script, an app or a command) and either write the command under Run or use the Choose... button to find the script or app
- Choose when you want the it to run, e.g. if you want it to restart after a crash check the Keep running checkbox
- Choose Save & Load to save the job and load it
Download and Install Lingon 3
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
If you want to download the software on your pc or mac, you could either first visit the Mac store or Windows AppStore and search for the app OR you can easily use any of the download links we provided above under the "Download and Install" header section to download the application
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Simple, just right for a newbie
As a busy mom, I’m always looking for ways to automate any part of my life. Lingon was exactly the app I needed to easily automate the start of my day by opening just the apps I need for work and effeciency. The simple UI is perfect for a beginner like me, and the price is just right for the utility I am getting from it. Excellent choice for time-pressed people who need a quick automation tool.
Very easy to use app! Customer support excelent! I had a question about how to use lingon to quit some running programs and customer service replyed to my questions in a few hours. I recommend this software and this company very much. Thank you!
No plist customization possible
I was ok with the basic functions, but as soon as I wanted to customize the plist to add something like a StandardOutPath for logging, the next time you edit the job with Lingon, you lose your changes.
A Start, but...
This App has a very nice interface, but seems to only gives users a small amount of the flexibility they may want or need. You can, for instance, easily set-up an event to occur at a specific time of every day of the week, every day of the month, or on a specific day of the month. But as far as I can tell, there is no way to just have the event run only on weekdays, or only at say 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM on Tuesdays. Using Lingon 3 you would have to create two different files for the latter, or five different files for the former! So I have gone and learned how to hand edit the XML in the .plist file created by Lingon myself. If this program understood weekdays and weekends and more importantly had a way to create multiple occurrences (as I describe above) it would be worth 5 stars.