Written by Portable Ltd
1. You can play videos from your Mac on your ChromeCast using VideoCast and can control playback using your phone web browser.
2. To control playback from your phone please ensure your Mac, phone and ChromeCast are all on the same Wifi network to allow them to communicate.
3. A: No, this app converts the video into a format that the ChromeCast can play and serves it from a built in web server.
4. Please do not close the app or turn off your Mac, the app works in the background to convert your video to a format your ChromeCast supports.
Latest Version: 1.8
What does VideoCast for ChromeCast do? VideoCast for ChromeCast streams all your videos to your TV and control playback from your phone!
Supports almost every format: MOV, MKV, MP4, FLV, X264
This app automatically converts the video whilst streaming to your TV, allowing almost any video to be streamed to your TV - Videos play instantly!
* Play almost any video file on your ChromeCast TV!
* Watch Videos Instantly
* No configuration required
* Select bitrate
* Optimize for low bandwidth / wifi
You can play videos from your Mac on your ChromeCast using VideoCast and can control playback using your phone web browser. This app cannot stream videos from your phone.
To control playback from your phone please ensure your Mac, phone and ChromeCast are all on the same Wifi network to allow them to communicate.
VideoCast must be allowed to receive network connections - If you have enable the Mac Firewall please allow VideoCast to receive connections when prompted. You can also enable this through System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall. If your ChromeCast can't connect to your Mac then you will be unable to stream videos form it.
Simply open the app, select a video file and click Go!
The Chrome web browser is opened. Click the ChromeCast icon and the video will automatically play.
Please do not close the app or turn off your Mac, the app works in the background to convert your video to a format your ChromeCast supports. You can start to watch instantly.
If your video always buffers try lowering the bitrate. To do this just drag the slider down. We recommend starting at 0.3 and then increasing if the video is stable.
Some MP4 and MKV videos can be played without transcoding, meaning no loss of quality and less power is used. Just un-tick the Fore Transcode box.
If Google Chrome isn't your default browser please copy the web page address (URL) into Google Chrome.
*** Requires ChromeCast and Google Chrome ***
* Do not close the app when the video starts playing - its working hard converting the video in the background
* Make sure you have a free disk space (the same amount as the file you are playing)
* On Mavericks this app will stop the computer sleeping whilst the video is transferring so it can stream the file, but will allow the stream to be dimmed. Do not close the laptop screen.
* If Chrome just sends a copy of the web page to the ChromeCast please exit and restart Chrome.
* If the ChromeCast loses connection simply press play in the app, it will resume from the same position.
Q: Why does the video buffer / pause / stop?
A: Streaming video between 2 devices is probably the most intensive thing your wireless network will do.
Make sure both devices have a strong wifi connection, and try lowering the bitrate to the lowest level, if this works increase it and start playing again.
Q: Does this app just open a web browser?
A: No, this app converts the video into a format that the ChromeCast can play and serves it from a built in web server. It then opens Google Chrome at a special web app and streams the video. Behind its minimal interface a lot of powerful things are happening, so keep the app open when your playing files!
Download and Install VideoCast for ChromeCast
Flow VPN - Global Internet
Global VPN - With Free Subscription
VPN Asia - Speed and Security
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
If you want to download the software on your pc or mac, you could either first visit the Mac store or Windows AppStore and search for the app OR you can easily use any of the download links we provided above under the "Download and Install" header section to download the application
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Movie life made easier!
This is such an amazing app and works well for me. It has made my movie life alot easier, and paying 5 bucks for it is pretty much a great deal. Another beauty of this app is that it supports basically all the file formats I require.
It’s a FREEMIUM app, not FREE
We can’t play movie longer than 5 minutes without pay. So, the correct category this app is demo or freemium, but not free. So… 1 star and uninstall!
Doesn't Work at all . . .
Wow . . . what a waste of time! How is this listed under utilities . . . the utlitarian value is ZERO!
the app crashes 2 seconds after it’s opened