What is Ryzom? Ryzom is a science fantasy MMORPG that offers a unique organic living world. It is fully open source, allowing players to become involved in the development of the game. The game is constantly evolving based on player actions, and players are not bound to a class, allowing for absolute freedom in character development. Ryzom offers official interactive events and many guilds to help players evolve. The game features invasions, consensual PVP, advanced forage and harvest, living mobs, and a dynamic environment consisting of five lush and varied ecosystems.
1. Being open source means that Ryzom draws on a vibrant community providing fixes and functionality above and beyond that of what the team can provide.
2. A powerful A.I. system allows for a realistic wildlife behavior: carnivores attack herbivorous herds, realistic and dynamic animal motions make them lively, sometimes endearing, other times worrisome.
3. For example, you can, at your leisure, either train your pike handling, put on your magic amplifiers to heal or cast offensive spells, pick up your pickaxe and harvest materials, or go into crafting a new armor or weapon.
4. Ryzom offers official interactive events (with live NPC's), regular and varied, that evolve according to your actions.
5. Discover the beauty of the Forest in the spring, do battle in the Jungle in a rainstorm under a summer sky streaked with lightning, lose yourself in the dunes of the Desert in the fall, or relax enjoying the reflections of a winter sun on the pure water of the Lakes.
6. Crafting - Careful combination of materials depending on their characteristics and colors, allows production of unique weapons and armors.
7. Landscape, wildlife behavior and ground material availability all change according to season, weather and time.
8. Far from being a frozen world, Ryzom is constantly evolving in regard to your actions.
9. Harvesting - allows you to dig materials from the ground depending on season and weather and your skill.
10. Ryzom is a 3D persistent world consisting of five lush and varied ecosystems.
11. Ryzom is one of only a few commercial-grade MMORPGs that are fully open source: client, server, tools, and media.
Download and Install Ryzom - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
So I am in the process of downloading the game and it says it’s going to take somewhat amount of hours! I don’t know if that’s normal or if it’s just because the internet is also being used to play a movie. Rizom seems to have a lot of good reviews and I’m looking forward to playing it, but I wish it would download faster. I’m rating this long downloading process 2 stars, but I haven’t played the game yet.
So it is the next day an it’s still downloading. I hope Ryzomm is worth the wait.
IT”S MAKING ME REINSTALL IT!
I have been waiting for the app store to offer a good open-ended RPG. I saw Ryzom on here and skeptically downloaded it. Ryzom is an incredible game, completely open ended, non-linear, sandbox style. The way the skill and class systems work is extremely unique and awesome. If you have ever played an MMO you will love this, but it has a steep learning curve especially if you aren't used to these kind of games. Fortunately, the game has an incredible newbie zone that is loaded with hours of turtorials framed as quests, once you finish everything the newbie zone has to offer, you will have a solid understanding of the game.
The most incredible part of this game is the community and GM support staff. I have never seen such dedication and friendliness in an online gaming community especially to newcomers. This is definitly a must download
I had no problems with the download, installation or running of this game. I have a PC 13' 2009. The graphics are great (but dated compared to modern games) So you should have no performance problems with any Windows products
A Diamond in the Rough
What can you expect from a MMORPG almost no one has heard of and is on the Microsoft itunes store? EVERYTHING, this game blows the tops off of a market that we have all seen pumped full of of remakes of the big names in the industry. Whether you are new to the genre or looking for something new you have hit home with this amazing title. The learning curve is steep in this game and the begining might have you saying, "where am I?" "what am I doing?", But 20 minutes in and you realize how helpful and proactive the community is in this game. With in just 2 hours of game time I have already made 3 friends who not only helped me learn the dynamics of this complex game, but also set me up with some great gear. Over all its nice playing something that smashes the doors wide open on such a monopolized game idustry, and I hope that people will give it a chance to really shine. Like I said "A Diamond in the Rough". Good work Microsoft for adding a 5 star game to your line up.
Seems to have potential, but just getting past chargen poses a problem
The graphics look promising, but I'm having trouble just getting past chargen. The slide bars for body options are too difficult to navigate since it also toggles the camera that spins around the body. If the other body options had clickable arrows like there is for hair, it would be much easier. The same goes for the race selection list, it seems the mapped zone for the clickable area around the race names is too small. For this, I would also suggest arrow navigation, perhaps like one would see in an iTunes album cover gallery view. I also dislike the assigning of gender to colour in regards to the mask forehead gems of the Zorai where green=male and pink=female, the pink simply does not go well with a lot of the mask tattoo colour combinations and hair colours, and in today's age not all female gamers love princess pink and purple. It would be better off to divorce the colours from gender and allow for a customizable selection of any colour for the head gem like the rest of the body options. Given the game's anatomical differences per race, it's fairly safe to know who's female and who's male without the color coded head gems.
Leave a review or comment