1. Metronome X is the most versatile and accurate metronome app available.
2. Metronome X is the best choice for musicians everywhere.
3. It includes many useful and unique settings.
Download and Install Metronome X - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Great for Drummers. Suggestions to Make It Better
I’ve been searching for a decent metronome now for a while. This is the best one I’ve come across. I do have a few suggestions, though, that would truly set this apart from all the other metronomes out there.
1. Provide a countdown timer for those of us who practice exercises for timed intervals.
2. Provide auto escalating tempo, i.e., the tempo increases a user-selected BPM after every user-selected period of time. Eg, 5 BPM every 2 minutes.
3. Show the current BPM setting while the metronome is playing.
4. Allow the metronome to be selected from the menu bar for super easy access.
5. Allow the tempo to be manually changed while the metronome is running.
Two minor fixes:
1. Clean up the 7 4 signature - it’s overflowing under the adjacent pane.
2. Sound 3 is the best. Default to that. Better yet, remember my setting when I quit and reopen. The other sounds are too harsh.
Thank you for including subdivisions - very important. I also greatly appreciate all the accent options available.
Cannot Change Tempo
Just read that you can change tempo with arrow keys. That works now, but is clumsy and time consuming when one needs to go from 120bpm to 60bpm. A simple input option, clicking to then allow for numerical input, would be ideal.
Just installed this on OS X Sierra. I cannot change tempo, and cannot navigate to other time signatures to the right of where the list gets cut off. Did this app break with recent OS’s? Others have noted too that it’s fixed at 120bpm, same here.
What do you expect for a free app?
The app does not save your setting. You have to buy to be able to save your setting. Use the arrow keys to change tempo! Pick your sound. Pick your time signature and then subdivision. Select which beats you want the accent on. It is not that hard! You like a particuliar setting, jot it down. The man got to eat! So you want to save setting, pay the man for his troubles!
Sound on the Wrong buttons of the fivelets
I’ve noticed that the last two patterns on the bottom row, both the fivelet patterns, the sounds are opposite of what is shown on either button. Honestly, I think it’s just a coding error, nothing major to lose sleep over.
Otherwise, the app is great. As a band teacher at a 1 to 1 Windows school, I’m going to get access for each of my students to use this application on their computers.
Leave a review or comment