Written by Sheng Apps
1. Simply starting Ripcasting Cam on the mac and select the webcam you want to broadcast, and click the Connection button to obtain the remote connection URL, Login and Passcode.
2. But of course, you can share your webcam broadcast by sharing the login info with other people, so they can view it too.
3. Ripcasting Cam lets you do live webcam broadcast of mac including both video and audio.
Latest Version: 2.0
What does Ripcasting Cam (Webcam Streaming) do? Ripcasting Cam lets you do live webcam broadcast of mac including both video and audio. You can view the broadcast on a different mac or iOS device such as iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch. You can use it, for example, as a home security tool that monitor the activity in your home, or use ot as baby-cam that you can view while you are away. No additional software is required to view the broadcast.
Ripcasting Cam is designed with security in mind. Your webcam broadcast is secured with a personal login ID and passcode. But of course, you can share your webcam broadcast by sharing the login info with other people, so they can view it too.
Using Ripcasting Cam is easy. Simply starting Ripcasting Cam on the mac and select the webcam you want to broadcast, and click the Connection button to obtain the remote connection URL, Login and Passcode. To view to the broadcast remotely, simply open a browser and enter the URL, Login and Passcode.
The app is also light-weight and unobtrusive, so you can leave at the background while running other tasks on the mac.
•Quick access from mac’s status icons.
• Bulit-in FaceTime/iSight camera support, and USB webcam support.
•Selectable output video stream size from 720p HD to VGA.
•Works with any mac compatible webcam and audio input devices.
•Selectable streaming quality suitable for viewing on Wi-Fi or 3G.
•Remote recording and playback.
•Unobtrusive and light-weight, designed to do background capture.
Download and Install Ripcasting Cam (Webcam Streaming)
Ripcasting Cam (Webcam Streaming)
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
If you want to download the software on your windows pc or mac, you could either first visit the Mac store or Microsoft AppStore and search for the app OR you can easily use any of the download links we provided above under the "Download and Install" header section to download the application
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Not bad, needs some fixes.
The app works fine, as far as video streaming goes. However a couple of things:
1. NO USERID/PASSWORD is required for full access to manage camera settings! The live view screen gives immediate OPEN access to the settings.
2. Would it be possible to allow anonymous viewing (but no admin access)?
3. I am a network engineer, so doing the port forwarding manually is no biggie. However, the app indicates that it is still not available for remote viewing. (Works fine)
4. There is ZERO support info on the dev website, except some canned stuff that doesn’t resolve any of these issues. Needs better support.
If this stuff gets sorted out, I would upgrade to 4-5 stars.