Smart Converter Overview
What is Smart Converter? Smart Converter is a video converter app available on the App Store that uses Smart Conversion technology to quickly and easily convert 100s of file types, including MKV and AVI, to play on your favorite devices. The app automatically analyzes your file and only converts the parts that need it, making it faster than other converters while maintaining high-quality video and audio. Smart Converter is free to download and use.
1. This makes Smart Converter faster that every other converter while maintaining the highest possible quality video an audio in the converted movie.
2. When you drop a media file into Smart Converter and choose a conversion type, it immediately analyses your file and works out what needs to be converted.
3. Smart Converter handles 100s of file types including MKV and AVI, and converts so they play on your favorite devices.
4. Smart Converter is the fastest, easiest to use video converter on the App Store, thanks to it's Smart Conversion technology.
5. Just drag your file into Smart Converter, select an output preset and click convert.
6. Smart Converter only converts the parts of your movie that need it and leaves the rest alone.
7. Smart Converter is FREE, so try it today and see how much better video conversions can be.
8. In many cases neither the video nor the audio need converting.
9. In some cases just one or the other need converting, and in a few cases both will need converting.
10. It will also add your converted file to iTunes automatically.
11. It's really that easy.
Download and Install Smart Converter - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Slow but great
I would highly recommend this app. I used it to convert a file from avi to mp4 and it worked great. However, it did take some time (though it was a 2 hour long file so it’s understandable for its length at the same time). My experience with this app is that it converted the file to amazing quality and even sends it to itunes afterwards! But like i said it does take a while for it to convert (took about 2 hours). But I would most likely be using this converter over any other since it converted it to what seems like 1080p quality. Sound quailty is amazin also. Overall, if you want a converter that works great, and you have some time to kill, this one is the one to choose. Compared to another converter that took half the time and produced horrible sound and picture quality.
Long list of devices to convert to but...
The device list for conversion is exstensive, but there are no file formats listed for those devices. I want to convert to a specific file format not just a particular device. Xbox one is not on the device list either, which is why I downloaded ths coversion program to bbegin with. I’m assuming that the 360 and Xbox One are not that different, but I have to convert a file than open the conversion folder to see what format it chooses for Windows vs Xbox 360. Very frustrating. I have not played the file I’ve converted so far and will return to edit this review upon doing so.
Great for converting flv., wmv., etc. to mp4. It’s free and although somewhat slow it pays off in quality conversions without sacrificing video clarity. Only one gripe that others have noted, it always exports to iTunes aside from creating the file in it’s own dedicated folder. Others might enjoy that but it’s an unnecessary detour for me to erase the extra file from iTunes. I’d still recommend it though. I think if you upgrade to the pro version then you can disable the iTunes export.
Simple and fast for music and video files
Drag, drop, click - before I know it, that FLAC is converted to MP3, or that MKV is converted to MP4, the quality doesn’t suffer, and the file, along with its metadata, is added to iTunes. It’s also worked well the few times I’ve used it for video conversion. I have zero complaints about this app.
Someone who does more converting, or converts larger and more complex file formats (such as videos) may find some flaws in this app, but for what I need, it’s perfect.
Works great but extremely annoying flaw
I really like this app and it works great; it allows me to convert any file into nearly any other type of media file I may need quickly and efficienty.
There is, however, a terrible flaw with this software. When files finish converting, the software automatically sends the file to iTunes or AppleTV (depending on if its music or audio). Since this feature can not be turned off, it can be quite annoying as it causes my computer to glitch when converting while simultaenously running my production software suites. Additionally, I often need to convert MP3 to WAV files and MOV files to MP4 files, so it automatically sends the new file to iTunes or AppleTV and then the file gets synced across all my iCloud enabled devices. This is exceptionally frustrating as the converted file is only needed for a piece of a larger project so I dont need it sent across all my devices.
Please fix this issue or reply with a solution and I will update this review to 5 stars.
Leave a review or comment