Sync Folders Overview
What is Sync Folders? Sync Folders is an app that allows users to synchronize and backup local folders on iOS, network folders on Mac and PC, iCloud, external USB drives, memory cards, and any other external media storage connected via Files.app. The app offers bidirectional sync, one-way sync, and mirror backup with two sync modes available for free. It also has a powerful preview mode that allows users to change file operations before syncing. Users can synchronize any number of pair folders at the same time with one pair folder available for free. The app finds and copies only new files and new file versions with each re-backup, reducing backup time and extending the life of storage devices. Users can exclude subfolders, files, file extensions, and filter for folders and files. Sync Folders is easy to use for beginners and has fine-tuning synchronization settings for professionals. The app has been optimized to work with extremely large numbers of files. It offers 9 sync modes, 6 file comparison modes, and synchronization of files with all attributes and subfolder attributes. Users can select what package types synchronize as files and which as folders. The app can be transformed into a file manager using powerful filters for files and folders. It also offers synchronization over the network and protection for unauthorized disconnect storage devices during synchronization. Users can keep the last/all versions of files to be deleted and log events with the ability to filter events by type, task, and status. The event log can be exported to an external file.
- Synchronization and backup of local folders iOS, network folders Mac and PC, iCloud, external USB drives, memory cards, any other external media storage connected via Files.app
- Bidirectional sync, one-way sync, mirror backup (In-App Purchases, two sync modes for free)
- Powerful preview mode. Ability to change file operations before syncing
- Synchronization any number of pair folders at the same time (In-App Purchases, one pair folders for free)
- With each re-backup, the app finds and copies only new files and new file versions, thereby reducing backup time and extending the life of your storage devices
- List of excluded subfolders, files, file extensions, filter for folders and files
- Easy-to-use app for beginners, has the ability to fine-tune synchronization settings for the most exacting professionals
- Optimized to work with extremely large number of files
- 9 sync modes (In-App Purchases, two sync modes for free)
- 6 file comparison modes allow to synchronize files on the storage devices with different file systems
- Synchronization of files with all attributes (timestamps, tags)
- Synchronization of subfolder attributes (timestamps, tags)
- Ability to select what package types synchronize as files, and which as folders
- Powerful filters for files and folders
- Synchronization over the network
- Protection for unauthorized disconnect storage devices (folders) during synchronization
- Keeping the last/all versions of files to be deleted. Using this mode, you can always restore deleted files, even if folders have synchronized several times
- Ability to log events. You can filter events by type, task, status. Ability to export the event log to an external file.
Download and Install Sync Folders - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Keeps my backup and server in sync
I have a website for my classes and have to use the university web server to publish it, but it is a pain in the posterior to back up the files manually; sometimes it is easier to access the university server remotely and sometimes it is easier to access them directly on my computer in the office. With Sync Folders I can make changes to either the server or the backup, whichever is more convenient for me, and they will stay in sync and up to date.
I know it’s free, but...
It does it’s job, I think that’s the most important but I find a few things cumbersome/annoying:
1. The app doesn’t show up in the task bar, I can’t even find the window with CMD+TAB, no where to be found after focus is lost. The only way to get back to the app is opening it again from the AppStore, really guys?
2. I created my first task and start it, it was running. Now I want to create the second task… no + (plus) button to add a second task? I tried to see the menu but, yeah, there’s no menu from the top bar, it doesn’t even show up in the task bar, so I don’t know how I’m gonna have my mirroring tasks. No multiple tasks? Does it even save the tasks to be repeated over time? Seems like there’s a way to sync them every number of seconds, but now I doudbt it. Is it single/mono task? It’s confusing to say the least.
Hopefully I will find out how to open the app, how to get back to it, and have at least the two sync tasks that I need, working periodically, as intended...
Essential Tool for Macs!
Was looking for a simple folders backup app, and decided to try Sync Folders. This app is easy to use and amazingly great for beginners and advanced users alike. Now after testing this app on simple folders. High chance of moving away from my other programs that I considered like SuperDuper and Carbon Copy Cloner to fulfil my backup needs for my Windows!
Great app, easy to use, all Windows users should have this as one of their essential programs for their computer! Highly recommended!
Free Version Didn’t Meet my Needs
I downloaded and tries this but quickly realized it didn’t meet my needs. I really need to back up folders. Ocassionally I might need to go the other way but this version only synchs. Although it has a screen showing different modes, they were not available is this version. I think they might be available in the Pro version. I received an offer of a free trail of the pro version but I had alread purchased a different application and had deleted Sych Folders.
Sync's like a charm!
I’ve been using AllWay Sync for PC for quite some time and now find myself using my Pc. I was searching for a suitable file/folder sync for Windows, when I stumbled across Sync Folders. Not expecting much, I gave it a try. At first, it didn’t seem to do anything with two picture folders that I had, so I tried something a little different. I set up a dummy folder and performed a sync between the pictures and the dummy. It worked perfectly! The fact that it took about 2 minutes to make the folders the same was a bonus. I have a 5 TB external drive with many (MANY) duplicate folders that is just waiting for me to sync them and regain space. My new GoTo folder sync tool!
Leave a review or comment