What is Captured? Captured is a Mac app that simplifies the process of sharing screenshots by automatically uploading them to a server and copying the URL to the clipboard. The app uses minimal system resources and has no clunky UI, with all processing happening in the background. Captured uploads images to Imgur.com by default, but can be configured to use SFTP, Amazon S3, or a custom PHP script. The app also includes a history menu for easy access to previously shared images. To use Captured, users simply take a screenshot using Command-Shift-5 and paste the link using Command-V. The app can be set to start automatically at login.
1. Take a screen shot and Captured will upload the image automatically, and copy the link to your clipboard.
2. Almost immediately after taking a screen shot Captured will upload the image to the server.
3. Important Note: After installing Captured you have to double click on the icon to start it.
4. Need to find an image you recently shared, it's right there in Captured's history menu.
5. Once it is complete the icon will show a green screen to let you know the upload has finished.
6. At that point the URL of your screen shot is on the clipboard, ready to share.
7. Captured uploads images to Imgur.com by default, but can be configured to use SFTP, Amazon S3 or even a custom PHP script.
8. Captured is designed to use very little system resources and has no clunky UI to deal with, all the processing happens in the background.
9. When this app is running you will see the icon in the menu bar on the upper right of your screen.
10. While this happens the menu extra icon will change to full color to let you know it is uploading.
11. Automatically uploads screenshots copy the url to your clipboard, ready to paste.
Download and Install Captured - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Does what it says superbly
Leaving one star out because the annotation tool does not allow you to insert text.
Also, adding the ability to share files would be nice. Image uploads rock but I would like to, for instanct, drag a file over the toolbar icon and get the link for that file to share with others. I realize this won’t work with the default service (imgur) but it would be a nice add.
Does not work with Catalina
Crashes when adding shortcuts or setting drag and drop. Can't set up accounts either.
This little app is a great time saver, well worth the money
I work remotely, so I'm all the time needing to show or see screenshots to help effectively communicate. My friends and I use this little app as a super quick way to send screenshots, and I'm able to update a client on my current progress on a project in a matter of seconds! I see some reviewers bashing the app, but it seems they were a little quick to judge. I admit to being a little confused the first time I used it, but once I figured it out, using it is second nature. The 2.0 version gives me a better feel that the app is doing something, plus it allows me to set options that make the experience a little more intuitive to me. Love the history and the ability to select either a window or an area capture.
So simple. So effective.
This app makes it so easy to share a screen shot with my colleagues that I do it literally all the time now. I don't have to worry about whether or not my email will get bounced for having a huge attached screen shot anymore. Just Cmd-Shift-4, wait a split second for the menu icon to turn green, and paste the link to the screen shot into a new email. I also love the app icon -- very clever! And the feedback of the menu icon changing color during processing is very effective.
Leave a review or comment