Written by Pixel Research Labs, Inc.
Latest Version: 2.0.5
Rated 5/5 By 2,778 People
What does Ringer - Ringtone Maker do? The easiest ringtone maker available for the Mac. Use music and even movies to make your own unique ringtones.
"My nod goes to Pixel Research Labs' Ringer because it works quickly" - macworld.com
"The editing is very easy, with a nice large display of the waveform" - tuaw.com
"It’s an easy way to create new ringtones in a few short seconds" - macapper.com
"Ringer is an elegantly designed app" - St. Paul Pioneer Press
• Features •
- Built in iTunes navigator lets you quickly find your song.
- Make tones from movies and videos as well as music.
- Zoom in to choose the start and end of your ringtone with sub-second accuracy.
- Use the waveform to help you find the right part of your song.
- Support for fade-in, fade-out and ringtone gap.
- Auto volume support makes sure that quiet parts of a song can still be used as a ringtone.
- Optional manual volume control.
- Preview your ringtone exactly as it will sound on your phone.
• How to use •
1. Select your song or movie in the built-in media browser.
2. Move the selection over the part you want to use as your ringtone.
3. Press the create button.
That's it! Your ringtone is now imported into iTunes and ready to sync to your iPhone.
Use any non-protected file from your iTunes library or any media file on your Mac to create a custom ringtone for your iPhone. Make as many as you want, there is no limit to the number of ringtones you can make with Ringer.
You can also make ringtones for Android and some other phones. Check to see if your phone can use a .m4a file as a ringtone.
- Songs that are protected with DRM cannot be used.
- No app can install ringtones on the phone. Ringtones must be imported into iTunes and synced to the phone before they can be used.
- If you need help, please contact [email protected] There is no way for us to respond to App Store reviews.
Download and Install Ringer - Ringtone Maker
Ringer - Ringtone Maker
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
If you want to download the software on your pc or mac, you could either first visit the Mac store or Windows AppStore and search for the app OR you can easily use any of the download links we provided above under the "Download and Install" header section to download the application
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Still works! (Just not as easily.)
Previous review: Very simple, intuitive. Works just like it should. Easiest way I can imagine to make ringtones. I had a problem with version 2.0. I posted it on the website and within hours v. 2.0.1 was posted with a fix. Maybe lucky timing, but it looked like extraordinary support.
Current review: This is mostly in response to reviews saying that it no longer works with iOS11. It isn’t nearly as easy or intuitive as it used to be, but that’s Apple’s doing, and I don’t think there’s a lot the developer can do about it. It does still work.
1. Follow the old instructions for creating your ringtone.
2. Within the app, under the “File” menu, you will see “Show Ringtones in Finder.” That will open a folder where you will see the ringtone you just made. (Along with all the ringtones you’ve made.)
3. Plug in your phone and open iTunes. Do not select your phone.
4. On the left iTunest has a list that should include “Devices” and your phone should be listed there. One of the items listed in your phone is “Tones”. Select that. It will give you a list of your tones.
5. Drag and drop the tone you created in ringer into the list and sync.
Tone is now on your phone. Incidentally, you can now ad all those tones you’ve created with Ringer that Apple so kindly deleted, presumably to encourage you to buy new ones.
Polished app for making iPhone ringtones from music & movies
I appreciate how Pixel Research has kept this app up to date. Most of my other ringtone apps don’t get updated so if you are in doubt choose this one. Media browser lets you know ahead which iTunes songs are locked, most aren’t, but some are if you bought them back in the day before Apple unlocked them. Select the song - it auto reads your itunes library. Set an in point and out point. It keeps you out of trouble by limiting you to a max of 40 seconds (the longest ringtone Apple allows). Preview, adjust and then hit create. It shows up in your iTunes Ringtones library and next time you do a local sync with your iphone it gets transferred.
- Let the preview keep rolling while the user moves the in or out point. It makes editing easier.
- Let users scrub on audio in the set in/out area. I’m usually trying to nail the entrance or exit and having to wait for the whole thing to preview is tedious.
- Add the ability to share a ringtone with your friends. Map the SHARE function built into OS X so I can send my custom ringtone to friends.
- Create some custom tags for Ringer so I can see folks tweet, Instagram, etc their ringtones with others.
10Xs the Ringer
Ringer has allowed me to take any of my songs in iTunes and create the ringtones I want for anyone and everyone on my list. Had major hesitations about purchasing a “ring tone maker” after some of the reviews I’ve seen on them and their compatability with apple products, specifically newer apple products like my Xs. However, worry not. Things work very well. It took a little playing with it to understand fully how to create and upload the new tone to my phone, but once that was figured out things work very smoothly. I highly recommend “Ringer Ringtone Maker” to my fellow iPhone users.
What a disappointment !!!
First of all let me say my issued is not with the Ringer - Ringtone maker but with Apple!! It is shameful that they continue to market this app for the Mac when they know full well that after you buy it and install it you will be unable to use it. Yes, they have removed the ability to save the newly created ringtones to the Tones folder and then install them on your iPhone. With their latest iTunes updates they have removed the Tones folder forcing us to purchase ringtones from them!!! Upon receiving my new iPhone X i could not even transfer my favorite ringtones I had enjoyed using for years to my new phone because of this.
So my advice is be fore you waste your money as I did. Stop and make sure you will actually be able to use the tones you createwith this program !