Written by DuckDuckGo, Inc.
1. DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials comes packed with best-in-class privacy essentials and makes browsing in Safari even faster.
2. Escape Online Tracking — automatically block hidden third-party trackers we can find lurking on websites you visit, which stops the companies behind those trackers from collecting and selling your data.
3. Decode Privacy — each site you visit gets a Privacy Grade (A-F) so you can see how protected you are at a glance, and you can even dig into the details to see who we caught trying to track you.
4. After you install our extension, you'll be asked to enable Tracker Blocking and the Privacy Dashboard within Safari.
5. While the extension doesn't include DuckDuckGo Private Search, it is built into Safari as a default search option.
6. At DuckDuckGo, we believe online privacy should be simple.
Latest Version: 1.4.8
What does DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials do? Tired of being tracked online? We can help.
DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials comes packed with best-in-class privacy essentials and makes browsing Safari even faster.
Block Tracking Cookies — prevent most cross-site (aka 3rd party) cookies from tracking you as you browse from site to site. We also help prevent websites from tracking you with their own cookies by automatically expiring those first-party cookies after 7 days.
Escape Online Tracking — block most hidden tracking scripts lurking on the websites you visit (e.g., when you click on search results). Stop companies behind those trackers before they use sneaky tactics to try to collect and sell your data. See notes and links below for more information.
After you install our extension, you’ll be asked to enable Tracker Blocking and the Privacy Dashboard within Safari. While the extension doesn’t include DuckDuckGo Private Search, it is built into Safari as a default search option. Enabling all three gives you seamless privacy protection.
Note about our tracker blocking for 3rd-party sites:
DuckDuckGo never tracks you. When you leave our search engine to use other sites, we aim to block as many hidden trackers as possible, but we can't block them all for a few reasons. New trackers emerge all the time, so first we need to find them. Then, blocking these trackers can sometimes break functionality, so we need to develop new approaches without hurting usability. Additionally, in our extension we offer a specific type of protection that stops scripts from even loading on 3rd-party sites, which isn’t offered on most popular browsers by default. Currently, this one loading protection doesn't apply to Microsoft scripts on 3rd-party sites due to contractual restrictions. However, our other tracker blocking methods are unrestricted.
More About DuckDuckGo
• About Us: https://duckduckgo.com/about/
• Privacy Newsletter: https://duckduckgo.com/newsletter
• Open Source Code: https://github.com/duckduckgo/duckduckgo-privacy-extension
Download and Install DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials
DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
If you want to download the software on your windows pc or mac, you could either first visit the Mac store or Microsoft AppStore and search for the app OR you can easily use any of the download links we provided above under the "Download and Install" header section to download the application
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Won't update to 1.0.1. Available in App store. Tries to download but then says "update" after downloading.
Update: yes, the problem was that Safari was open. I was able to get it to update once I closed it. Seems the App Store should have indicated that I needed to quit the app to update.
Won't update here either
Same as rlc3. Update process completes then still shows update needed.
Just like the rest...
These extensions just block everything on a site and ruins the experience.