What is Gifski? Gifski is an app that converts videos to high-quality animated GIFs with thousands of colors per frame. It offers features such as video trimming, precise control of dimensions, control over GIF looping and bouncing playback, speed adjustment, and the ability to copy, share, or drag the GIF. The app supports all video formats that macOS supports, except for QuickTime Animation format. It includes a share extension and a system service that allows quick conversion of videos to GIFs. The app also provides tips and a FAQ section to help users optimize their GIFs. Users can provide feedback through the app or via email.
1. Gifski includes a system service that lets you quickly convert a video to GIF from the “Services” menu in any app that provides a compatible video file.
2. Gifski supports all the video formats that PC supports (.mp4 or .mov with H264, HEVC, ProRes, etc).
3. You can share a PC screen recording with Gifski by clicking on the thumbnail that pops up once you are done recording and selecting “Share” from there.
4. Gifski includes a share extension that lets you share videos to Gifski.
5. Gifski includes the option to create GIFs that bounce back and forth between forward and backward playback.
6. - Click the “Open” button in the window or in the “File” menu and then choose your HEIC images.
7. Just select Gifski from the Share menu of any PC app.
8. - Right-click your HEIC images in Finder and select this app in the “Open With” menu.
9. In the width/height input fields in the editor view, press the arrow up/down keys to change the value by 1.
10. It's more efficient, more widely supported, and like QuickTime Animation, it also supports alpha channel.
11. - Drag and drop your HEIC images onto the window or the Dock icon.
Download and Install Gifski - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Five stars from an editor
So I was asked to design a ad in a gif format so I loaded into Final Cut Pro X created the animation then attempted to use multiple online tools and the colors were terrible (I take extra steps in my editing to make sure the colors are perfect) so I just didnt know if it was going to be possible to use an automated process to create my gif then I found this app colors looked amazing! Very easy to use, drag and drop the file and your set. Best gif converter I have ever used.
I've been looking for a simple high quality gif creator for sometime now. Gifski is simply the best when it comes to exporting high quality gifs bar none, for free. I do wish there was an option to crop your videos manually, more resolutions to play with and ability to adjust different parts of your video for export. Maybe a future update? Thanks for this folks.
Does exactly what it needs to. Dead simple.
Developer also added the feature to trim the video within the app. Such a smooth experience to use this.
Honestly great app, I was looking for something free but after trying I would donate some money if the option was available.
Great at making GIFs. Not entirely smooth.
I give it a 3 star not for its main function. For the functionality of making a GIF, it is great. However, I do not want to "drop a video". I want to click on an upload video button that then prompts me to browse for the video. I would also love a library of my previous gifs. That way, rather than being a GIF tool, it would be an all in one GIF hub. 3 stars rather than 4 because I'm hoping to get gifski's attention ;)
Simple and superb
I make a lot of short screen recodings for my job that I need to turn into GIFs. I've tried a few apps, both free and paid. All of them were clunky, overly complex, slow, or produced ugly GIFs—or all of the above. Gifski is a breath of fresh air. It fits my workflow perfectly, it's fast, it offers just the configuration options I need, and the quality of the GIFs it produces is, somehow, almost as good as the original videos. And it's free! I can't recommend it enough, and I'll definitely be donating some money to support its development.
Leave a review or comment