Pure Paste Overview
What is Pure Paste? Pure Paste is a free app that sits in the menu bar and automatically clears formatting from text that is copied, removing fonts, colors, bold, links, tables, etc. It does not affect unrelated content like files or images, and it also ignores content copied from password managers. The app can be set to exclude certain apps, preserve links, and remove tracking parameters from URLs. Pure Paste supports over 200 common tracking parameters and has special support for removing tracking from links to Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok. The app does not store or send any clipboard data and has no network entitlement. Users can contact the developer through the feedback button in the app or via email.
1. Pure Paste supports 200+ common tracking parameters (e.g. Google UTM) and it has special support for removing tracking from links to Twitter, Facebook, and TikTok.
2. If you have enabled the setting to remove tracking parameters from URLs when copying, the app also resolves some URLs to popular services offline whenever possible to improve the speed of opening links later on.
3. - This app can exclude certain apps, preserve links, and also remove tracking parameters from URLs.
4. It sits in the menu bar and clears formatting (fonts, colors, bold, links, tables, etc.) from the text you copy.
5. For example, it can rewrite URLs like youtube.be, l.facebook.com, safelinks.protection.outlook.com, google.com/url?=…, etc, to its final destination.
6. Pure Paste lets you paste as plain text by default.
7. These websites often add useless redirects when you copy links.
8. However, it does not touch unrelated content like files, images, etc.
9. It is not even able to connect to the internet due to self-imposed restrictions that are enforced by PC (no network entitlement).
10. It also ignores content copied from password managers.
11. You can also choose to manually clear formatting whenever needed instead of automatically.
Download and Install Pure Paste - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Where have you been all my life!
I can't tell you how many times I wished I had an app like this when pasting stuff into email messages. And then I trip across this while checking out some of the author's other apps (highly recommended). It's like fate finally smiled on me. Do yourself a favor and download this now!
This will save so much hassle
Such a simple and useful app.
I was constantly having to undo pasting after the formatting caused problems and then going back and redoing by mousing to 'paste without formatting'...
This solves this annoyance and makes work easier.
Seriously Simple and Easy
This is such an awesome app and makes my life so much easier. I work with copy/pasting and the formatting so incredibly annoying. This has really turned that around.
Does what the label says
Great for getting rid of that unwanted text formatting when all you want is the text. I often paste stuff from elsewhere into Mail or Word and don't want the formatting.
Should be an OS feature
This is another one of those apps that works so well, you wonder why it wasn't already part of PC... It was an easy purchase.
Leave a review or comment