Written by SmugMug
1. If you’re more of a swipe & tapper than a type & clicker, we also have SmugMug for iPhone and iPad where you can upload images from your mobile device or tablet, organize your galleries, and edit your settings.
2. SmugMug’s app for macOS is a super simple way for you to get your photos onto SmugMug straight from your desktop where they’ll be much happier inside gorgeous galleries and meticulously organized folders.
3. • Organize your pictures like a pro in a super safe place online by uploading them straight from your desktop into existing galleries.
Latest Version: 2.2.3
What does SmugMug Photo Uploader do? Hard drives are SO 2001. Keep your photos secure, organized, and exactly where you want them with the SmugMug Photo Uploader.
• Upload single photos or entire galleries to SmugMug, faster and easier than using your browser.
• Organizing on your desktop? Your folders will be perfectly preserved in your SmugMug account.
• Choose set-and-forget auto upload and never lose another image.
• Conveniently located in your dock for easy access.
• Intuitive, easy-to-use controls for every photographer.
• Network connection problems? Your photos will automatically continue uploading when your connection resumes.
If you’re more of a swipe-and-tapper than a type-and-clicker, we also have SmugMug for iPhone and iPad, where you can upload images from your mobile device or tablet, organize your galleries, and even edit your images right from your device.
We want to know what you think. If you have questions or feedback, please email us at [email protected]
Download and Install SmugMug Photo Uploader
SmugMug Photo Uploader
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
If you want to download the software on your windows pc or mac, you could either first visit the Mac store or Microsoft AppStore and search for the app OR you can easily use any of the download links we provided above under the "Download and Install" header section to download the application
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Handy For Apps Without Plugins
I use both Lightroom and Capture One photo apps. Lightroom is supported by a plugin which makes uploading easy. Capture One is not supported. So the menu bar icon invokes finder and goes to the last file location so it makes uploading from Capture One a little easier. However the main issue with the SmugMug menu bar app is the same with all uploading methods-they move at a snails pace during peak periods. So no ding on the App but SmugMug needs to improve upload capacity for peak periods. Perhaps if the service did not try to upload 3-4 images at the same time things would go faster. During non-peak times the upload speeds are fine.
Indeed it DOES upload from Mac Photos
After you click SELECT PHOTOS & VIDEO, it opens a Finder window. You can of course select directly from a Finder folder, but if you have photos or video stored in Mac Photos, you can find them under Media->Photos. This will path you directly into the Photos directory, where you can find ALL of your Photos media, including the album names! This is a great tool!
Easy To Use
Was able to upload a picture to one of my website galleries without any issues. It's easy to use and basic. It's nice to not have to go through the website interface. This feels more streamlined.
Useless if you edit any photos
This app is useless if you do ANY editing! When the app prompts you to select photos & videos it opens a Finder window to select files from your default ‘Pictures’ folder. However, any edits you have done to pictures are kept in the Photos Library, therefore, what you are exporting to Smugmug is the original unedited copy.