Beamr Imaging Ltd.
JPEGmini Lite Overview
What is JPEGmini Lite? JPEGmini is an image optimization tool that reduces photo file size by up to 80% without compromising quality. It has a new user interface, more resizing options, and bug fixes. It is trusted by tens of thousands of photographers and has been reviewed and praised by numerous photography publications and bloggers. JPEGmini Lite allows optimization of up to 20 photos per day, while JPEGmini Pro can optimize larger resolution photos. It enables faster sending of hi-res photos, smaller USB drives for delivering photos to customers, faster loading websites, and saves hard drive space. It is easy to use by simply dragging and dropping photos onto the app. JPEGmini is intended for professional photographers who are challenged by bloated file sizes of photos.
1. JPEGmini has been reviewed and praised by dozens of photography publications and bloggers, among them are: DPReview, Forbes, Fstoppers, Petapixel, Macworld, Photography Life, Phoblographer, Shotkit, Noupe, SLR Lounge and many more.
2. JPEGmini is a tool intended for professional photographers who are constantly challenged by the bloated file sizes of photos and the constraints it puts on them.
3. “I found it hard to believe that the software would result in that much space savings, so I opened up the JPEG image on my computer and analyzed the file pixel by pixel.
4. During the optimization process, you will see a preview of your photos, and a rolling counter with the amount of disk space you are saving.
5. "JPEGmini is without a doubt the most amazing piece of software I’ve come across since I first used Photoshop 10 years ago.
6. To optimize an unlimited amount of photos, get JPEGmini.
7. JPEGmini Lite enables you to optimize up to 20 photos per day.
8. Press the “Choose” button to select individual photos, or drag a folder or group of photos onto the app.
9. "As far as ease of use, it is hard to make a simpler piece of software.
Download and Install JPEGmini Lite - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Works well. I've been using it for years with great results.
Works as advertised
I've tried a number of JPEG optimization tools in the last fourteen years. Photoshop's Bicubic Algorithm came along about PS7 and got subsequently better in CS1 and CS2. From that point until now there was nothing significantly better. i'm working on a graphic intensive web site and had saved all the images at 50% in the Save For Web dialog which was my compromise between file size and quality. (PS Bicubic has a huge jump in file size between 50% and 51%).
To test out the value of JPEGmini I duplicated half a dozen images that were already optimized for the site and ran them through the app. Then I dropped a layer of the JPEGmini image on the original Photoshop optimized image and zoomed in while cliciing on and off the visibility eyeball to observe any differences. At 100% there was no perceptible difference. At higher zoom percentages there was a slight difference but it wasn't obvious what was going on because artifacting didn't increase.
The results of my test convinced me to do the in-app purchase to the full version and proceeded to optimize all my site images. Individual image file sizes dropped from 10 to 25%. To me that was a significant and worthwhile saving in page load times. I'm sold.
Leave a review or comment