Written by Nicholas Cooke
1. Play chess against your friends in a two player game on the same device or online using Game Center.
2. Chess Deluxe is a universal purchase and includes a macOS version of the app.
3. Test out your chess skills against the computer with configurable difficulty and quick response times.
4. Buying this app allows you to download the macOS version using the same Apple ID.
Latest Version: 2.8.5
Rated 4.5/5 By 120 People
What does Chess Deluxe do? Play chess against your friends in a two player game on the same device or online using Game Center. Test out your chess skills against the computer with configurable difficulty and quick response times.
Chess Deluxe features:
- A simple, easy to use interface
- Play as either white or black
- Play against the computer with configurable Easy, Medium and Hard difficulties for amateur players
- Play online with your friends using Game Center
- Unlimited ability to undo moves
- Redo previously undone moves
- Move highlighting to suggest possible moves
- Game timer with several timing options
- Animated moves
- Board rotation to allow each player to view the board from their point of view
- See pieces that have been captured
- See the list of completed moves in Standard Algebraic Notation
- Select a completed move from the move list to go back to that move
- Dark mode support on iOS 13 or later
- No ads
Chess Deluxe is a universal purchase and includes a macOS version of the app. Buying this app allows you to download the macOS version using the same Apple ID.
Download and Install Chess Deluxe
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
If you want to download the software on your pc or mac, you could either first visit the Mac store or Windows AppStore and search for the app OR you can easily use any of the download links we provided above under the "Download and Install" header section to download the application
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Great start but needs improvement
This is a good basic version of a chess app. However there are a few things that could be improved upon. I would definitely give it a 5 if some of these things were fixed.
- make it so we can see the “g” on the g column. The lower part of the g is cut off and it looks like an a.
- I play using the letters and numbers of the board so having those situated in a way where they would be visible even with pieces on the square would be immensely helpful. (Maybe put them outside of the board?)
-I purchased this version of the game for my Mac for $2.99 expecting that I could switch from my iPhone and Mac and keep playing the same game but that is not the case. (Unless I have missed some cross compatibility sign-in somewhere). It’s not a big deal but it would be a nice feature for a paid app on Mac.
Overall it’s a good basic chess app if you just want to play by yourself or with a friend.
I bought this app to play two players with my son. The latest version is Perfect. THANKS!!!!!
Poor computer competition
The computer vs one player is very weak regardless of setting. This app is okay for two player games but is of no value vs computer. It gives up the queen readily.
Doesn't know how to play chess.
Other than that, it's fine!
Game does not have chess rules implemented correctly. One-player mode calls stalemate whenever computer king cannot move, even when other legal moves exist. Computer castles even after king has moved from original position - illegal. This is apart from the absolutely ridiculous gameplay in which the computer simply throws pieces out to be taken.
Can't get Internet mode (what I bought it for) to work. IOS version doesn't allow searching for user IDs. OS X version (yes, I bought both like an idiot) allows searching, but it doesn't work - can't find my friend who is logged in and sitting across the room watching.