What is PhotoSweeper? PhotoSweeper is a photo management app that helps users eliminate similar or duplicate photos in their collections. It works with various media libraries and can search for duplicates based on different criteria. The app offers flexible comparison settings, high speed and quality, and efficient regrouping of results. It also has a feature for marking duplicates automatically and provides comfortable viewing of results in different modes. Additionally, PhotoSweeper serves as a photo browser with a built-in search of photos by metadata, Quick Look preview, and detailed photo description.
1. PhotoSweeper provides 3 modes for reviewing results: “One by One”, ”Face-to-Face" - one or two large photos with an opportunity to mark a photo with just a click, “All in One“ - all groups of duplicates in one list.
2. PhotoSweeper is a fast, precise & super efficient tool to eliminate similar or duplicate photos even in huge photo collections.
3. It works with Photos, iPhoto, Aperture, Capture One and Lightroom Classic media libraries as well as photos from your hard drives and external storages.
4. Mark photos you want to get rid of manually, or use the "Auto Mark" feature to mark duplicates automatically based on the list of rules you can adjust to your needs in the Preferences.
5. • You have photos scattered on external hard drives and local disks, in Microsoft Photos, Lightroom Classic or Capture One libraries.
6. Powerful multi-settings to easily find duplicates, similar photos, series of shots.
7. It allow you to compare the contents of two folders with each other or find similar photos to a single image.
8. Just drag and drop folders from your Windows to allow PhotoSweeper to find all photos inside.
9. PhotoSweeper was developed as a tool for extremely fast comparison of a huge number of photos.
10. The app finds duplicate photos, even those edited in external programs such Photoshop, regardless of image size or format.
11. Add more photos from your Photos, Capture One or Lightroom Classic library via the Media Browser window.
Download and Install PhotoSweeper - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Wow! Best clean up tool for photo libraries I’ve ever come across
This tool does a great job of finding duplicates, not just exact duplicates, but photos that have been rotated, resized, or are even just very similar. It also has a great set of default rules for figuring out which image to keep automatically, which can save hours. But what most impressed me about this app, is how fast it is! I have two very large libraries of photos, about 45K in iCloud Photo Library, and another 60K or so in Lightroom. Any operation that involves scanning so many photos usually can bring either of those apps to a crawl, sometimes waiting days for an operation to complete (even when the entire library is on SSD). But PhotoSweeper just rips through those thousands of files so fast, it’s unreal. I think Microsoft and Adobe could maybe learn a few things from this software, I was totally not expecting this kind of performance from a third party app.
Used to be great (updated)
Turns out a simple restart fixed my issues with this app! Glad to see it still works as I remembered, and I even found some new features while troubleshooting. Worth the money!
I have been using this app for a long time now to sort out photos I've downloaded multiple times or copied by accident in both Microsoft Photos and Finder. It worked wonderfully, until I needed to use it again recently. I assume it has to do with my update to Catalina, but now whenever I mark items for deletion in Finder, it corrupts the files instead of simply moving them to the trash. Since there's no easy way to determine what files are corrupted except for (trying to) open them, I am left deleting each file one by one in a process that takes considerably longer than manually sorting them. Please update to support Catalina!
PhotoSweeper is incredible!
My photo library became corrupted by backing it up with defective backup software which created 68,000 duplicates with only 13,000 originals. I had 70 duplicates of one photo! I ran side-by-side comparisons and used ‘exact duplicate’ to compare my photos. PhotoSweeper went through all photos and gave me a listing of each photo and its duplicates to review. One photo was marked for keeping while all the duplicates were marked for possible deletion (only if you choose automark). I looked at the duplicates and the jpeg number was the exact same jpeg for all duplicates. I then chose to move the photos to PhotoSweeper trash. So, yes, PhotoSweeper did its job. I could never have gone through all 79,000 photos and found 68,000 duplicates and kept my sanity. And all this for $9.99. Incredible app and incredible support. Emailed support and received an answer in 10 minutes. Highly recommended!
I Probably Shouldn't Have These Feelings Towards a Computer App
I rarely write reviews, in fact, this this may be one of only a few. This app is SO worth taking the time to review. Especially if it can help other people as much as it's helped me and/or the developers see this review and know their time and work are appreciated!
I've proably owned it for around 4-5 years now and I've thrown A TON at it. It is a very solid and well desiged program that has done exactly what I was looking for. I just recently had to clean install and when I went back to the app store I noticed HOW MANY duplicate sorting applications I had gone through before I found this one! Trust me, it's definitely worth the money! Cheers
Leave a review or comment