Edit Edge Data Overview
What is Edit Edge Data? Edit Edge Data is a binary editor app designed to modify the values of common data items found on Garmin Edge bike computers. It operates on Flexible and Interoperable Data Transfer (FIT) files stored on the Edge by displaying the FIT's content and allowing users to change any of the fields. The app includes various FIT editors, each designed to perform a specific task on a particular type of Garmin Edge FIT file. It also has the ability to display the binary contents of a FIT in a readable format and includes FIT technical information and a detailed usage example with illustrations. The app is primarily used to manipulate an Edge's various device and trip odometer values stored in the Settings and Totals FITs. The app provides information on Edge odometers and how they are stored on the device, depending on whether the device supports user Activity Profiles or not.
1. The device odometer and all trip odometers are associated with multiple, uniquely named Activity Profiles, and those profiles are stored in Totals.fit, as well as ride count, ride time and calories for each Activity Profile.
2. The device odometer is stored in Settings.fit and there is one pseudo Activity Profile in Totals.fit with the trip odometer, ride count, ride time and calories.
3. + Totals.fit - the Totals Editor targets a specific Activity Profile and changes the profile trip odometer, ride count, ride time and calories.
4. This App exists primarily because of a particular demand to manipulate an Edge's various device and trip odometer values stored in the Settings and Totals FITs, see the section Edge Odometers for details.
5. The Edge bike computer has two odometers, analagous to an automobile, one that tracks the total distance the device has traveled and typically cannot be reset, and another trip odometer that can be reset to zero.
6. These FITs are named with the ride's starting date and time; e.g. 2021-03-29-18-04-13.fit. Remember that an Activities FIT is not the same as an Activity Profile: each ride generates a timestamp-named Activities FIT, while Activity Profiles summarize all of your ride Activities.
7. Even if your Edge device does not explicitly support Activity Profiles it likely contains a single, unadvertised, pseudo Activity Profile.
8. + Activities FIT - the Activities Editor changes an activity's ride distance, speed, vertical and time.
9. Thus, as long as you remember to select the Activity Profile corresponding to the bike you are riding, distance / rides / time / calories per bike is accurate.
10. Assuming your device supports it, the typical work-around is to create and uniquely name a user Activity Profile that tablulates this information for each bike.
11. Additionally, the Edge maintains resettable ride count, ride time and calories.
Download and Install Edit Edge Data - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Thanks for creating this app that fills a big hole that Garmin created with their GPS devices. I previously used it on my Edge 1000. I just used it to update mileage totals on my new Edge 1030. A quick and easy process using the app.
Leave a review or comment