Tacx Desktop app Overview
What is Tacx Desktop app? The Tacx Desktop app allows users to connect their Tacx Smart trainer to their device and access a large collection of high-quality interactive films to ride scenic routes from all over the world. The app adjusts the trainer's resistance to the grade in the video, while displaying power, speed, and cadence on the screen. The app is available for free, with additional features available through Premium and Premium HD subscriptions. The app is compatible with select Mac devices and allows users to analyze their data and export it to Strava.
- Connect your Tacx Smart trainer to the Tacx Desktop app
- Access a large high-quality interactive film collection
- Ride scenic routes from all over the globe
- Trainer's resistance is adjusted to the grade in the video
- Display of power, speed, and cadence on the screen
- Analyze your data to keep track of your performance
- Upload your training data to Strava
- Free version includes creating and doing workouts based on slope, power or FTP, analyzing activities, exporting data to Strava, syncing workouts and activities between devices, demo GPS rides, and racing against live opponents
- Premium and Premium HD versions include downloading high-quality films with unlimited access, 3D GPS map workouts, custom training plans, and importing Strava routes or creating GPS workouts
- Connects your Smart trainer through Bluetooth 4.0
- Compatible with MacBook (Early 2015 or newer), MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 or newer), MacBook Air (Mid 2012 or newer), Mac mini (Late 2012 or newer), iMac (Late 2012 or newer), and Mac Pro (Late 2013)
Download and Install Tacx Desktop app - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
No problems, wish could edit courses
i've had no prob w app on Windows with catalina, on NeoBike.
Do wish the courses could be edited as in the old software, and the widgets are too big.
Expensive for what you get, poor support, lonely
Being expected to pay a monthly fee to use Tacx's software to drive a $1000 trainer seems crazy to me.
Their software advertises "heart rate" training programs but it turns out this feature doesn't actually exist.
Unlike Zwift, it feels very lonely as there is noone else on the roads.
The support form on the Tacx website apparently doesn't work. Nobody responded to my first email or Twitter message, either. Eventually I got a response when I contacted Tacx via Garmin.
Waste of money, really. Get a Kickr Core and Zwift. The Neo hardware is neat but the best features aren't well supported by Zwift, and Tacx doesn't support their own software well.
After buying a Tacx trainer you expect better sercive, like more free routes and films...not really.
The cycle experience is great - once you get it working. Constanly being logged out, the streaming outright didn't work, even with paid version.
Leave a review or comment