1. StopTheMadness is an extension for Safari, Firefox, Google Chrome, and Chromium browsers that stops web sites from making your browser harder to use.
2. • Open links with an alternative browser from Safari's contextual menu.
3. Checks the links you click in Safari for well-known link shorteners — bit.ly, tinyurl.com, l.facebook.com, t.co (used by Twitter), etc.
4. You can specify rules in StopTheMadness such as open links in Google Chrome.
5. Bypass the transparent overlay on sites such as Instagram that prevents you from dragging and opening the contextual menu on images.
6. • Force external links to open in the current tab instead of a new tab.
7. • Automatically open clicked links in other apps.
8. • Force external links to open in a new tab instead of the current tab.
9. • Copy link title from Safari's contextual menu.
10. • ⌘-c to copy link URL on hover! Much easier than opening the contextual menu.
11. This is great if you're scrolling through a list of links and want to open each one in a new tab.
Download and Install StopTheMadness - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Makes the web a joy instead of a death by a thousand cuts
This plugin makes websites behave in acceptable and standardadized ways instead of being annoying in a myriad of small, but impactful ways. This plugin prevents rogue actors from being disrespectful to users and makes it so you don’t have to think about anything but the content you are seeking online. The feature set covers most signifigant annoyances and it shows a well thoughtout experience. This kind of thing shoudlnt’ be needed, but is and its a good thing that you can “set it and forget it”, as the web behaves as it should, while this plugin does its job and fades into to the background.
Now I have my computer back.
Discovered this app while looking for a solution to the "autosubmit" feature added to Safari. While my initial intent was to find a way to prevent this "feature" from blocking me from sites that had the Captcha feature, I found the additional benefit of not logging me on to sites automatically - I now have to allow Safari to log me on.
I understand there are even more protections built in "under the covers" but that is only an additional PLUS in my mind - I now have control of my computer and can log on or not log on as I see fit.
Great job, and great support!
Just wanted to say thanks to Jeff for the great support - for a product I hadn't even purchased yet! I asked him whether it's possible to fix 2 banking sites where they do tricky things with form-field-focus which prevent autofill from working properly. He replied saying he tested the two sites with an Experimental Feature: Focus and Blur Protection and they work with that experimental protection enabled.
Based on the great support, I purchased it, tested it out with the two banking sites, and now I can login with autofill there again! Thanks Jeff!
[Update: The support remains excellent! Every time I report new madness introduced by user-hostile websites, I get fast, helpful replies from the support e-mail address and usually a quick app update. Cannot recommend highly enough!]
This app does what all promises—it vastly reduces the number of ways websites can tailor your browser's behavior to their liking instead of your own. It's a shame we need it but a joy that it works so well. On the rare occasions I have needed it, the support has been excellent as well!
Look Past the Price
At first glance, $10 for a really low profile utility app seems crazy but consider this: Web Developer are purposefully acting against the best interest of users more and more everyday, you don't realize how much ground they've taken because it comes to you in tiny incremenets.
With this application, you get all of that power given back to you immediately and forever, and all you have to do is buy it once for what is for most people a relatively irrelevant amount of money.
It's one of those things that you didn't know you needed it until you got it and then you can't be without it .
Leave a review or comment