Written by Voros Innovation
1. The Weather Widget app icon also gives you a brief forecast or overview of current conditions in both the Dock and the menu bar.
2. Always stay up to date with the weather with a stylish weather widget on your desktop! A selection of attractive widget designs to choose from.
3. Use the widget to give you an overview of the weather, or for a more in-depth forecast you can open the detailed weather window.
Latest Version: 3.6.1
What does Weather Widget Desktop do? Always stay up to date with the weather with a stylish weather widget on your desktop! A selection of attractive widget designs to choose from.
Use the widget to give you an overview of the weather, or for a more in-depth forecast you can open the detailed weather window.
The Weather Widget app icon also gives you a brief forecast or overview of current conditions in both the Dock and the menu bar.
- Forecast locations worldwide
- Multiple locations support
- Imperial or Metric units (F & mph or C & km/h)
- Start at login option
- Choose from a selection of widget design options
- Move your widget anywhere on your desktop with the Click & Drag feature in the app preferences
- Option to resize your widget
- Option to change opacity of your widget (make it see-through)
- Hot corner functionality: set a hot corner to instantly reveal desktop & widget by moving mouse to that corner
- “Show Desktop” functionality: moves all windows away to show desktop & widget after a set period of inactivity
Menu bar Weather
- Menu bar can be set to show current temperature, forecast or wind
- One click on menu bar shows brief drop-down forecast
- Easy access to app menu to open detailed weather window and app settings
- Click the dock icon once to bring up the detailed weather window
Download and Install Weather Widget Desktop
Antivirus Zap - Virus Scanner
Bind: Brain teaser puzzle game
Desktop Aquarium - Relaxing live wallpaper background
Aquarium Live HD screensaver
Weather Widget Desktop
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
If you want to download the software on your pc or mac, you could either first visit the Mac store or Windows AppStore and search for the app OR you can easily use any of the download links we provided above under the "Download and Install" header section to download the application
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Semi-accurate Hard to read
Not sure where they are getting their forecast data, but this app is right maybe 30% of the time in my area. Also, as others have mentioned it’s really hard to read, especially for someone that wears contacts or glasses already. The fonts are too thin, and I haven’t found a way to adjust the background opacity or font colors/sizes to make it more visible. Could stand a lot of improvements. *EDIT* I did find a way to adjust opacity, but it still needs an adjustable color background, and font size/choice to be viable in the future. I’ll hang on to it until the next upgrade and see if anything changes. If not, then it’s off to the trash bin for this one.😜
doesn't do what is needed
With one click on the dock icon, I want to have displayed several locations at the same time and not to have one panel take up half of the desktop or require me to enter each location each time I want the weather for that location. Make the panels smaller, credit card size with with a clickfor enlarged reading if wanted and allow, with one click, to display on the screen, all locations at the same time and with one click return them to the dock icon. These need, when displayed, to over lay any thing already on the desktop screennot as i am experiencing that they hide behind anything currently on the screen. Make the panels moveable on the screen. the iPhone weather display is just about perfect. Can. you get near that?
good but hard to read
I like what it does; very convenient.
I don’t want it huge but the letters are really hard to read (too small, or maybe it is the font that is hard to read) and even though you can make the background more opaque or transparent, I can’t make it totally solid color, to make the letters easier to read.
Temperature does not stay current
The graphics are great and functionally it is exactly what I want in a desktop app.
But the temperature is updated so infrequently that it is often ten degrees behind what the weather actually is outside. For example, at 8 am it will say the temperature is 55 degrees. At 1 pm it will still say 55 degrees, even though the temperature has gone up to 66 degrees (as multiple other weather sources confirm). Eventually it catches up - by 5 pm it shows 72 degrees, which is the same as the temperature outside (as confirmed by other weather sources).
In short: if you want to know what the temperature is right now, it’s useless.