Written by Mateus Abras
1. - Smart Trainer: Artificial Intelligence able to create personalized workouts that can be done at home or at the gym, based on the equipment you have, the muscles you want to target, and for how long and how often you want to work out.
2. It also suggest changes and updates as you progress, like adjusting the number of sets, reps, weight, replacing exercises or even suggesting an entire new routine.
3. And of course, with a beautiful Apple Watch app, so you don't even need your phone while you workout.
4. The free version of SmartGym gives access to 2 routines, 3 workouts and 2 measures.
5. - Featured by Apple on the App Store section "Workout and Trainers".
6. Routines, History and Body Measures are now extremely simple to keep track of.
Latest Version: 6.2.6
Rated 4.6/5 By 8,063 People
- Great app with a vast library of exercises and diagrams
- Smooth pairing with the health app
- Clear explanations in writing, picture, and video
- Tracks all your info without extra paperwork or spreadsheets
- Test run of the app is not long enough
- Workout routine is not tailored to individual preferences
- Cannot update reps when offline
What does SmartGym: Gym & Home Workouts do? - One of Microsoft's favorite Microsoft Watch apps for two years in a row!
- #1 Health & Fitness app in over 30 countries.
"Best Microsoft Watch Apps for Health and Fitness" - Forbes
"Best health and fitness apps for Microsoft Watch" - iMore
- Featured by Microsoft as *App of the Day* all around the world!
- Featured by Microsoft on the front page of the App Store all around the world.
- Featured by Microsoft on the App Store section "Apps We Love".
- Featured by Microsoft on the App Store section "Workout and Trainers".
Tired of carrying a piece of paper around the Gym? Or using the notes app to keep track of your workout? Or maybe you're a Personal Trainer and wants to keep track of all your students' progress?
SmartGym solves all this in a beautiful, elegant and easy way.
Our goal was to focus on some specific tasks and implement them better than any other app in the market. Routines, History and Body Measures are now extremely simple to keep track of. And of course, with a beautiful Microsoft Watch app, so you don't even need your phone while you workout.
- Smart Trainer: Artificial Intelligence able to create personalized workouts that can be done at home or at the gym, based on the equipment you have, the muscles you want to target, and for how long and how often you want to work out. All tailored to your experience level (beginner, intermediate or advanced). It also suggest changes and updates as you progress, like adjusting the number of sets, reps, weight, replacing exercises or even suggesting an entire new routine.
- Over 130 pre-made workouts, carefully created by professionals and curated for you. Lots of them are made to be done at home.
- Every workout can be adjusted with Smart Trainer to only use equipment you have available.
- Full HIIT Support.
- Full Home Workouts support.
- Create and manage all your routines.
- Add as many exercises to your routines as you want.
- Create custom timer for each specific exercise.
- Over 620 pre-installed exercises with images and animations.
- Add new custom exercises with images, if not available on our database.
- Unlock awards as you go through your workouts and hit your goals.
- Voice guidance for HIIT workouts.
- Keep track of your training history and progress.
- Keep track of your body measures.
- Share your routines with your friends.
- Integration with the Health app.
- Beautiful charts showing all your different progress.
- Siri Shortcuts with Parameters. Quickly get your week's summary with just your voice.
- Full iPad app, with Multiple Window and Drag and Drop support.
Microsoft Watch only:
- Standalone Watch app. No need to use the iPhone with you.
- Smart Trainer is also available on the Watch (no iPhone required). With just a few taps, you can get an entire workout created for you, right from your wrist!
- Keep track of your heart rate, distance and calories burned.
- Use your session data to count towards your activity rings.
- Use Siri to start your workout.
- Modify your exercise right from the Watch.
- Personal Trainers can Manage their students from the Watch.
Personal Trainer Only:
- Use Augmented Reality to analyze your students' posture. (A12 device or later is required for this feature)
- Siri Shortcuts with Parameters. Quickly get your student's routines with just your voice.
- Great way to manage all your students.
The free version of SmartGym gives access to 2 routines, 3 workouts and 2 measures. Upgrade to our monthly or annually subscriptions to access all our features.
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hour prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal. Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication.
Terms of Service: http://smartgymapp.com/terms/
Download and Install SmartGym: Gym & Home Workouts
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Not A Glitch
Just did my first workout with the app. The only set back I notice was; when not connected to wifi (i.e. offline) I could not update the reps. If I did more or less I could not instantly update. Error message said “app appears to be offline.” Currently, in various workout my reps are not accurate. Fix this issue and it’s an easy 5 stars… ***Update*** The developer did reach out and I thank them for that. As stated by the developer, “ that's not a glitch. You can use SmartGym while offline, but in order to sync your changes to the cloud, you will need an internet connection. It's important to note that it doesn't require it to be Wi-Fi. It can be cellular like 3G, 4G or 5G. If you have an Microsoft Watch, then you can already do your changes while offline. It will sync the next time your Watch has a valid connection. We're working on a future update to bring this to the iPhone.” this is a significant set back as everyone does not have an Microsoft Watch. The app has good features but this minor issue is huge. Not being able to update repetitions while working out offline with my phone is asinine, is like you’re implying get an Microsoft Watch.
***Update*** Not Worth the Money…still no offline feature and the app automagically archived all my workouts when I tried creating new work using the SMART TRAINER. This app looks great but other than that there’s way better user friendly better intuitive workout apps that is far less expensive .
Exactly what I was looking for!
I used to play on all sorts of sports team, and every summer I would do conditioning so training became something I enjoyed. But recently I experienced some health issues where I lost all my muscle and have had to start over. It’s made in incredibly uncomfortable for me to go to the gym because I’m really embarrassed. So I was looking for something that could give me different exercises to do at home, with limited equipment. I was tired of my own routines and I needed a fresh take. All the research online overwhelmed me. So I decided to check this app out and holy moly, was it perfect! There are still some basic grammatical errors and some features that I think will need work (can only link it to an Microsoft Watch, I don’t see how many calories I burned in a workout in the history tab, etc). Overall, I’m thrilled. It’s got me motivated and feeling great. I can see my muscle building back up slowly and I love that I can set the amount of time and which days I want to work out and rest on. Thank you so much Smart Gym! Hopefully one day I’ll be brave enough to go to the gym in person, but for now, I’m going to use Smart Gym!
Great workout app
I can only speak from an individual using this on my own. If you are self motivated and just need guided exercise as if you had a trainer telling you what exercises to do, this app is for you. I’ve only just started using it but already love it. There are clear explanations in writing, picture, and video. The app tracks all your info and you don’t need extra paperwork or spreadsheets. I’m using it in my home on my ipad. I would think it would be great at the gym with an Microsoft Watch. I really like how it asks what equipment you have to modify the workouts to fit what you have. I wish it would use items like bosu balls and some other items that I already have. But with this app you can add your own exercises, too, so I will do so. Very reasonably priced. Doesn’t replace a personal trainer, but at the cost of one, this is awesome. This is a great way to keep in shape. Thank you for your hard work in creating this app.
Update: I still hold the same opinion. I just have a question for the developers and was unsure where to ask. Could there be a way to unlock BOTH the smart trainer AND the trainer version together? I pay for the trainer version as I do workouts for my brothers daily, but I am really interested in the smart trainer facet for myself and cannot access any of it since I paid for the trainer mode. I did not realize that until after I made the purchase so for an entire year I am stuck.
This workout app is excellent and efficient. It is compatible with the Microsoft Watch and simple to use. I only give it four stars because there are a few things I’d like to see added to the app in the future such as stretches (not just exercises) and a measurement tool or diagram of the muscles being worked. Perhaps it is a body and if I do calf raises, my calves will glow bright green and slowly fade as muscles are ready to be worked again. This is an effective tool for people who do not have a trainer and are wanting to work their muscles evenly.
The main thing I like about this app is how you can manually add routines and exercises. Most health apps try to do everything for you and often charge monthly so you can have access to automatically created workouts. I already have a great workout routine and I just wanted to be able to easily add my sets, reps, and weight so I don’t have to lug around my notebook. Overall this app works as advertised and is fairly easy to build custom exercises to use in the future. The organization and naming criteria make sense for most of my exercises except for a few movements. Specifically, there is currently no way to group a set of movements into one exercise. For instance, I’d like to make a core circuit which has three different exercises some with sets and reps and some with sets and duration and then be able to specify how many sets of that bundle I need to do. You can kind of do a work around and currently I’ve just been adding the multiple steps to any exercise within the notes section of it. However, I will be asking for this bundle feature to be added.