Stockfish Chess Overview
What is Stockfish Chess? Stockfish is a free and open-source chess analysis app that offers an interactive and immersive chess board with advanced features. It is powered by the Stockfish chess engine, which provides accurate analysis and surpasses the strongest human chess grandmasters. The app has a gorgeous board that looks fantastic on Retina Displays, and users can go full screen for the most immersive chess experience. Additionally, Stockfish has many enhancements for advanced users, such as browsing through multi-game PGN files, copying and pasting FEN strings, utilizing Syzygy endgame tablebases, and using MultiPV.
1. Analysis is powered by the Stockfish chess engine, the strongest free chess engine in the world.
2. Play two-player games on the beautiful chess board, or get instant accurate analysis of any game.
3. Stockfish is a powerful chess analysis app.
4. You're getting top-notch analysis that surpasses the strongest human chess grandmasters.
5. Stockfish is completely free, and the source code is available on our website (stockfishchess.org) under the GPLv3 license.
6. It's full of nice touches: when you click or drag a piece, its destination squares are highlighted in yellow, and the best move is shown with a red arrow.
7. Stockfish has a gorgeous board that looks fantastic on Retina Displays.
8. Stockfish will tell you who's winning and calculate the best move.
9. Plus, you can go full screen for the most immersive chess experience.
10. You can browse through multi-game PGN files, copy and paste FEN strings, utilize Syzygy endgame tablebases, and use MultiPV.
11. Stockfish has many enhancements for advanced users.
Download and Install Stockfish Chess - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Typical for game apps on the App store. A basic engine that crashes often and has no functionality. If all you need is stripped down chess engine with absolutely no bells or whistles, I guess you will be happy with this app. But I am used to running many high end 64 bit engines on multi-core liquid cooled overclocked CPU’s on Windows machines, so my expectations are a little different. Windows OS is great for some things, just not chess (or virtually any other game).
Stockfish is the most powerful free chess-playing software. That’s the good news. The bad news is that on my iPad it routinely crashes and doesn’t allow you to annotate your games or to save analyses. That said, I use it to quickly check the solutions to chess puzzles and to play a quick game.
Great Program please update the Engine to the latest version.
This app is missing two crucial features. First, there should be a “setup position” option in case you want to analyze a game but dont have the FEN or PGN readily available. Second and more important, there should be an option to stop the analysis after a fixed time - the fact that I have to press go and stop after each move (to avoid arbitrarily long and unnecessary analysis, draining battery and CPU power) is very annoying. It seems logical and simple to have an option where the analysis stops after 10 seconds (or any given time) each move. This app would easily be five stars with those additions.
Leave a review or comment