Written by Jaroslaw Szpilewski
1. * Please note that recording audio from the internet or other applications requires installation of the free 'Soundflower' driver - which doesn't take longer than 5 minutes.
2. Record audio, edit existing audio files, convert your music between the most common audio file formats, digitize your old vinyl records or record internet radio stations*.
3. • Supports recording from any USB and FireWire Audio Device that is supported by OS X.
4. • Supports importing of multiple audio files into one document.
Latest Version: 3.8.1
What does Vector 3 - Record & Edit Audio do? ◉ Record, Edit and Convert Audio with Vector.
Vector is the swiss army knife of digital audio. Record audio, edit existing audio files, convert your music between the most common audio file formats, digitize your old vinyl records or record internet radio stations*. Whatever you need to get done - if it has something to do with audio Vector is your best bet!
◉ Version 3 - better than ever!
Vector 3 is the next generation of our popular audio editing and recording app for the Windows. We rewrote the app completely from scratch and added many new features for version 3.0. Vector is now a full blown audio editor that offers professional features and yet is still easy to use!
• Cut, Copy and Paste between multiple documents.
• Delete and Trim audio.
• Infinite and instantaneous Undo and Redo.
• Undo and Redo states are saved with the document.
• Supports importing of multiple audio files into one document.
• Supports full screen editing.
• Supports Stereo and Mono audio.
• Supports sampling rates 8khz - 384khz.
• Supports bit depths 8bit, 16bit, 24bit, 32bit.
• Supports conversion between all channel layouts, samples rates and bit depths.
• Waveform zoom levels from 100% down to 1:1 sample resolution.
• Supports editing of individual samples.
• Supports recording from built in microphone and line-in.
• Supports recording from any USB and FireWire Audio Device that is supported by OS X.
• Supports recording from other apps and the internet with the help of Soundflower*
• Maximum recording length is only limited by free space on the hard drive.
Built-In Audio Effects:
• Fade In
• Fade Out
• Generate Silence
• Silence Selection
• Change Gain
• Normalize Audio
• Reverse Audio
• Delay (Echo)
• Peak Limiter
• Apply Distortion
• Graphic Equalizer
• Low Pass Filter
• High Pass Filter
• Band Pass Filter
• Multiband Compressor
• Matrix Reverb
• Change Pitch
• Also supports 3rd party Audio Unit plugins.
File Formats (import and export):
• MP3 and OGG Vorbis
• M4A, MP4, AAC and M4R (iPhone ringtones)
• Flac Lossless, Microsoft Lossless
• WAV, AIFF and CAF
• Detailed Manual included
• 24 hours support by email
Get Vector 3 now and solve all your audio needs!
* Please note that recording audio from the internet or other applications requires installation of the free 'Soundflower' driver - which doesn't take longer than 5 minutes. Detailed instructions can be found in the included manual.
Download and Install Vector 3 - Record & Edit Audio
Vector 2 Express - Audio Recorder and Editor
Vector 3 - Record & Edit Audio
Vector 3 Express: Audio Editor
Audio Recorder & Music Editor Pro Lite
Loop Mash Up - Music Maker
Guitar Chords Compass Lite
To Audio Converter Lite
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Vector 3 Works For Me…but
I purchased Vector 3 as a replacement for EasyAudioRecorder Pro (that is good too) which I use to do simple recordings of my saxophone pratice sessions. I really like the Vector 3 because it not only allows me to record my sessions, it also has the ability to remove any segments that I did not intend to record. It saves files in several formats and records in stereo. The one shortcoming that I have noticed with Vector 3 is that unlike EasyAudioRecorder Pro, it does not have the ability to save a file if a system crash should occur which means you lose the entire recording if something should interrupt the session. EasyAudioRecorder Pro is a far less powerful application but it does save your recording if the computer should crash. I’m totally impressed with Vector 3. It meets my current needs fully, unless a crash occurs and all is lost. If Vector 3 could somehow backup during recording it would be even better. Wonderful program and I highly recommend it.
Great for recording internet radio broadcasts
I’m learning a foreign language and want to record spoken internet radio programs in order to listen to them over and over until I understand every word. I tried Vector 3 in the free demo version, and found it works great for this, so I bought the app. For a really a high-quality result, you need to use the "RECORDING AUDIO FROM OTHER APPLICATIONS” approach, as described in the Vector 3 manual. Vector's instructions for this are quite clear and it's easy to do. I’m very happy with the results. I play the recordings on my iPhone, so now I’m that much further along in learning Hungarian. The recording quality seems good enough for any purpose, not just for spoken radio. The app is easy and simple, and the manual is brilliant. I recommend.
Does everything audio, fast and without issues.
I like it very much. Very solid and fast. I’ve put huge audio files into it and it was able to handle it without crashing. It looks good and integrates well. Make sure you spend the time understanding the track editor. Conversion to Mono has two modes which is nice. One where it just deletes one of the stereo tracks and the other merges the stereo tracks, which you will need to experiment with to find what works best for your recording as in board meeting audio recording.
This prduct is easy to start recording. It doesn't seem stable to me. It defauted to stereo Few time and then charged to mono. Ihave to chage it to stereo eary time I open it. You can't pause a recording. You can't get sound whilst recording. I can tell when a record is finnished, or if there is a skip or scratchy noises when I record. i was told that thi id because of feedback. One time every time I preed /, - would appear. At first I could open a new file after recording a file. Now it won't and I have to close teh last file and select create on the opening window. The meter works well, but I think the playback should be louder. I am useing it, and hve recorded about 70 albums.
Simple, powerful and fantastic to use.
I use this for all kinds of things, from ad-hoc voice overs to podcasts, instrumentals and more. My home studio is still mostly analog and Vector 3 with a few audio devices fit perfetly in the setup for most recording needs. What I like about it is, there's almost no learning curve; everything is pretty much exactly where you'd expect it to be.
This is a very nice, straight-forward recording and editing tool that does both things very well without bloat and complexity.