Written by Dashlane
Latest Version: 6.1948.0
Rated 4.5/5 By 8,591 People
What does Dashlane - Password Manager do? Dashlane is more than a password manager: It’s the fastest and easiest way to get through the internet. All the passwords, payments, and personal info you store in Dashlane are kept safe and accessible across all your devices. Take control of your data and have it wherever you need it with our award-winning app.
Access & manage passwords on the go
• Have everything exactly where you need it, synced across devices and platforms
• Create secure passwords with Password Generator
• Easily update passwords instead of changing them manually
• Share passwords safely and conveniently in just a few clicks
• Monitor account security with Password Health Score
Fill forms in a flash
• Autofill logins, addresses, forms, and more as you browse
• Skip the checkout line by filling in your credit card info with one tap
• Securely store any personal info you need to keep safe and accessible, like your address, credit card numbers, and IDs
Browse without limits
• Unlock with Touch ID & Face ID
• Take your info across all major platforms, browsers, and devices, and break free from limiting systems
• Built-in VPN for safe, anonymous browsing
Bypass breaches and hacks
• Get personalized security alerts if breaches affect any passwords you’ve saved so you can take action
• Protect your identity with Dark Web alerts
• Ensure your privacy on public WiFi with built-in VPN
• Secure your info and add a second layer of protection with 2-factor authentication (2FA)
• Keep information private with industry-leading AES-256 encryption
•Zero-knowledge system so no one, not even Dashlane, can see your data
Your Dashlane account starts with a 30-day free trial of our Premium plan (no credit card required). If you love it, keep it going with a Dashlane subscription, or switch to Dashlane Free automatically.
• 12+ million users across the globe
• More than 60,000 five-star reviews
Awards & recognition for Dashlane
• App Store App of the Day
• PC Mag "Editors' Choice Award"
• Webby Award "People's Voice Best Mobile Services & Utilities App"
• Kiplinger's "Best Identity Theft Prevention Tools"
• Inc.com's "Best for Passwords and Checkouts"
• Techlicious "The Best Security Apps"
...and many more
On Dashlane Free:
• Up to 50 passwords on the device of your choice
• Autofill forms and payment info instantly
• Replace weak passwords in seconds using our Password Generator
• Monitor your Password Health in our comprehensive Identity Dashboard
• Receive real-time security alerts when an account you have in Dashlane is exposed in a hack or breach
On Dashlane Premium:
• Unlimited passwords on unlimited devices
• Dark Web Monitoring and alerts if your data is available to hackers and spammers
• Free VPN for secure, anonymous browsing on public WiFi
• Secure file storage up to 1GB
On Dashlane Premium Plus (US only):
• Real-time credit monitoring and alerts
• Live identity restoration support should your identity be compromised
• Up to $1 million of Identity Theft Insurance for losses related to identity theft
Have questions or need help?
Visit our Help Center at support.dashlane.com or reach us @DashlaneSupport on Twitter.
IN-APP PURCHASE TERMS
- Dashlane Premium and Premium Plus are available as 1 year renewable subscriptions.
- Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at purchase.
- Auto-renewable subscriptions will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the initial period of subscription unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period.
- Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Download and Install Dashlane - Password Manager
Dashlane - Password Manager
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
If you want to download the software on your pc or mac, you could either first visit the Mac store or Windows AppStore and search for the app OR you can easily use any of the download links we provided above under the "Download and Install" header section to download the application
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
I don’t understand the good reviews! It doesn’t work well!
I used LastPass for about the last four years. I am not advertising for LastPass as I was somewhat frustrated with it. However, it is a comparison to this poor product. DashLane was advertising better integration across devices and sites so I read the reviews and took a 3-year leap at $99. I have been so disappointed! I was just over the 30 day refund policy and they would not even discuss a partial refund but said they would work through the problems. I kept giving them lists of problems and they kept asking me the same questions over and over and telling me to try the same uninstall/reinstalls. I can honstly say I spent more time than they did trying to fix it. Some of my list was: Logging out of websites, especially Google. Logging out of DL even though logout is set to NEVER. Did not recognize Marriott web site at all even though is was in DL. Does not recognize form fields for my bank site. Constantly tries to enter personal information in form fields that are not for personal info. Does not recognize Alaska airlines site. Sixt Rental Car login brings up credit cards rather than logins. Touch ID doesn’t work on MacBook Pro. So on and so on….
I’m throwing my money away and returning to LastPass. I wish both were better, but I only had one-tenth of the issues with LastPass that I had with DashLane. A medicre product that they clearly don’t stand behind or care about after the sale.
I’m Beyond Frustrated
I’ve been using this for two or three years. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t. I’m constantly bringing up the program and asking to see the password for a site so I can put it in for myself. It just doesn’t seem to recognize some sites when you go there to log in. Now I agreed to an update (from the App Store) a couple of days ago, and every since, I cannot get into Dashlane at all! I went to their website and explained the problem. I received an email back from “William” telling me to de-install it and reinstall from their website. I removed it, but when I went to reinstall it, it automatically took me to the App Store. So the program still doesn’t work, and in the meantime, I’m trying to work!!! Since “William” had asked me to let him know if I was successful, I issued another plea for help. This time I received an email from “Isagani” and he offered me two options, one of which was only good if I’d originally downloaded from their website. The second, going to the App Store, was the kicker. Here’s the advice: “On MacOD, and if Dashlane was downloaded via the Mac App Store, please note that we have submitted our fix to Apple for validation, which should take about 48 hours. If you need to get into Dashlane urgently, we can guide you in removing your version downloaded via the Mac App Store, and install the one from our website. Please let us know should you wish to proceed this way.” Unbelievable!
Almost never worked on iPhone.. Now they want more money?
I loved Dashlane when I first started using it about 3 years ago. It worked great across all platforms, my MacBook Air, iPhone 5s, 6S and 8, and my iPad. It seems like the past year or so it hasn’t worked hardly at all on my iPhone. I don’t really use my iPad anymore though so I can’t say anything about that. It still -usually- works on my MacBook. Usually. Not enough though. I had a hard time paying $40 a year for the Premium. Whatever, I get everything across my devices. But since that hasn’t been working correctly, I got annoyed. The straw that broke the camels back was when I updated to the new “better” Dashlane 6. From here on out it’ll be $60/year instead. Im done. Its not worth it. I unregestered a month early. It always updates information perfectly across all devices, it just doesn’t integrate with Safari on iPhone hardly at all anymore. 9/10 times it will crash and I have to go open the app, use touch ID, copy login, switch to Safari, paste login, switch to Dashlane, use touch ID, copy password, switch to Safari, paste password. Extremely unnecessary and annoying. So I just spent about 3 hours moving all of my information correctly out of Dashlane and I'll never go back to it. You keep your software, I'll keep my $60/year. I hope this review helps guide people before they unknowingly drop $60 on somthing that doesn’t work properly.
It Has Worked for Me
I keep a LOT of passwords in this: for myself, for other people (my parents, coworkers who invariably need my help finding their passwords, and specially my wife). My wife has the unfortunate habit of recycling passwords (sometimes with small variations on special characters or capitalization) and Dashlane always recommends that I change these (I can't, of course). What I like best is that it tells me when there have been data breaches on a site that requires me to change my password, which I always do. If it was just my personal passwords that I needed to access across devices, I might not pay the extra money for the service and just use the Apple Keychain across my devices. For my needs, however, Dashlane is a much better option.
FYI: my wife won't use it. She hates the autofill option which, to be fair, can interfere when you have multiple logins for a site (work, personal, hers/mine, etc.). And since Keychain wants to autofill, too, it's a bit of a hassle, I will agree. But, like I said, the benefits definitely outweigh the drawbacks for me.