What is Codebook? Codebook is a password manager app that provides complete data encryption, flexible data model, fast search, and multi-device replication. It generates strong, random passwords and keeps them protected by a master password and powerful encryption. The app is optimized for macOS and features a global keyboard shortcut for inserting passwords into any app on the Mac. Codebook has been protecting sensitive information on mobile devices for 19 years and is designed to work seamlessly with Codebook for iOS. The app also includes features such as full-text search, auto-lock timer, configurable field masking, and password review. Codebook uses 256-bit AES encryption in CBC mode and 64,000 rounds of PBKDF2 SHA-1 key derivation to protect user data.
1. Codebook has been protecting sensitive information on mobile devices for 19 years, since the days of the Palm Pilot! It protects your passwords and personal information from unauthorized access by would-be crackers, malicious thieves, and snoopy coworkers.
2. Codebook is a cross-platform password manager providing powerful and complete data encryption, a flexible data model, fast search, and multi-device replication, among many other features.
3. Stop using the same password for all your accounts! Codebook generates strong, random passwords and keeps them for you, protected by your master password and powerful encryption.
4. Codebook for PC is optimized for the desktop and the latest version of PC, featuring a global keyboard shortcut for inserting your passwords into any app on your Windows.
5. Sync with your mobile device over a WiFi network to keep your secure data with you at all times, even if you don't have your computer.
6. Codebook is designed to work seamlessly with Codebook for iOS.
Download and Install Codebook - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Secret agent bugged? Mid 2010 Windows El Capitan Firefox browser
Secret agent window not popping up on hot-key press unless follow up with clicking on icon in the tray. Then original window loses focus and transfer of username|password gets error beep. Must re-focus window and recall agent window. Searched forum but found no report of this scenario. Great program otherwise. I have been using for years on ipod. I knew about the existence of the agent function but have only begun using it on my Windows for a few months now. Very useful when it worked properly.
Sync improvement required
I do like this app as far I can keep my passwords safe locally and not being dependant of a cloud service. Sync-ing over wifi with mobile devices is a breeze only for desktop <-> mobile. What I would like is a sync between mobile devices over wifi as well as between desktop computers. Why is that so complicated to sync passwords between 2 computers? I tried today to sync my Windows and my PC over wifi, it simply is impossible… Please improve at least the sync over wifi between desktops.
This is the best password solution available. The security is excellent. Sync (I use the WiFi sync option) is fast, and I can have all my passwords across two computers and my iPhone without storing them online. Customer support is the best—I’ve always received a prompt and helpful response to any questions. Regular updates show that the developers are actively and continuously improving the app.
The best application so far
I've used a lot of password management apps in the market.
I got a recommendation to try Codebook from a person that knows enough about software and security so I decided to give it a try.
So far, I've had the best experience with it. I highly recommend it
Secure pwd & data!
Feel confident Codebook actually and properly encrypts and secures data! While I want ease of use, which it works weel for me. But secure data is far more important!
Too bad this does not get equal publicity as other passsword managers. I began using when still named STRIP (an acronym, glad they changed name because search brought up adult content.)
At the time a security firm evaluated sevral pwd mngr. Some of those were found to store info as plain text without encryption. Others had encryption with flaws. This was the only one that implmented the encryption to the best standards availalbe. Would like to find a current comparison of the security practices to see if others have improved.
Also like the ability to securely transfer changes between devices. I use local storage on a USB drive and WiFi to transfer and works great. Also has support for Dropbox and Google, places I avoid storing data that needs security.
Leave a review or comment