What is Candles? Candles is an app that helps manage anniversaries and birthdays in iCal. It extracts all the relevant dates from Address Book and allows users to add reminder events in iCal. The app allows the creation of multiple alarms for each anniversary and provides the ability to sort anniversaries by name, calendar date, or original date. Candles also allows users to set default alarms and additional alarms for specific anniversaries, with full control over when the alarm occurs and what it does. Once reminders are set, Candles updates iCal with detailed events and alarms.
1. Using a simple interface, Candles takes your birthdays and other dates from Address Book and allows you to add reminder events in iCal.
2. With the ability to sort these anniversaries by name, calendar date or original date (i.e. with the year the event actually fell in), Candles provides the ability to visualise all your anniversaries.
3. Candles will then created detailed events for each Anniversary, and set the Alarms that you've told it to.
4. Candles allows the creation of any number of alarms for each and every anniversary.
5. Candles is the answer to managing anniversaries and birthdays in iCal.
6. Candles extracts all the birthdays and other dates from your Address Book for you to set reminders against.
7. Once you're happy that you've set all the reminders that you need, you can tell Candles to update iCal with your details.
8. Candles allows you to set as many Alarms as you need.
9. In addition, any number of additional alarms can be created for a specific Anniversary.
10. All Alarms have the same options and capabilities as in iCal, so you've got full control over when the alarm occurs, and what it does.
11. Up to two Default Alarms can be set, which are then created for each of your Anniversaries.
Download and Install Candles - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Candles is an incredible help
As a former Palm user, I have been looking for something that would automatically populate the Ical on my calendar on my Windows and Iphone with birthdays and anniversaries from my contacts. Since Ical will only populate birthdays, and not anniversaries, from contacts, I was desperately looking for a solution. I have to remember a lot of people's anniversaries. I found this Candles application and it works like a charm. I turn off my birthdays calendar and only use Candles. It populates all birthdays and anniversaries into Ical and then my Iphone. Perfect! I previously tried another application which created a whole new calendar which was difficult to use. This candles app puts the dates in my existing Ical. This works for me since I really like the existing calendar on my Windows and Iphone. Thank you Candles!
LOVE this app !!
I love that this app shows both birthdays AND anniversaries for all the family & friends you want to keep up with. If you enter the full birthdate into your Contacts entry, the age appears in your calendar, right with the date each year. Friends are always asking me how old another friend is, & with Candles I have the answer. I did have an issue with duplicate entries appearing in my Calendar, but the Candles developer helped me get that fixed. I really appreciate his prompt attention!
I'm terrible about keeping track of birthdays, so this nifty app keeps me in line. As someone who didn't really use my Windows's address book, before, the only learning curve was making sure to include "birthday" as one of the default entries in the address book's settings. Once that's set, Candles takes care of the rest!
Thanks for the creation!
A real Lifesaver!!!
The Candles app is wonderful and is very helpful to ensure we remember birthdays and anniversaries. I learned today in the Help section, that Address Book allows us to add a date in addition to Birthday. Under CARD in the menu, click on DATE and voila!!!! Candles is even more helpful to me now.
Leave a review or comment