Written by Apple
Latest Version: 8.2.1
Rated 2.5/5 By 12,425 People
What does Pages do? Create gorgeous documents in minutes with the Pages for Mac word processor. Start with an Apple-designed template to instantly create gorgeous reports, digital books, resumes, posters and more. Or use a blank document and create your own design. Easily add images, movies, audio, charts and shapes. And use comments, change tracking, and highlights to review your work.
With iCloud built in, your documents are kept up to date across all your devices. And with real-time collaboration, your team will be able to work together at the same time on a Mac, iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch — even on a PC.
Collaborate with others at the same time
• With real-time collaboration, your whole team can work together on a document at the same time
• Collaboration is built right in to Pages on the Mac, iPad, iPhone and iPod touch. PC users can collaborate too
• Share your document publicly or with specific people
• You can easily see who’s currently in the document with you
• View other people’s cursors to follow their edits
• Available on documents stored in iCloud or in Box
Get started quickly
• Choose from over 70 Apple-designed templates to instantly create beautiful reports, digital books, resumes, cards, posters and more
• Get quick access to shapes, media, tables, charts, and sharing options
• Import and edit Microsoft Word and text files
Create beautiful documents
• Format your document with gorgeous styles, fonts, and textures
• Enhance your document with a library of over 700 editable shapes
• Easily add images, video, and audio
• Add an image gallery to view a collection of photos on the same page
• Create interactive EPUB books that can be shared with others or published to Apple Books for download or purchase
• Use the table of contents view to easily navigate your document or book
• Add comments and join threaded conversations
• Turn on change tracking to mark up a document as you edit it
• Add bookmarks to easily link from one part of your document to another
• View pages side by side as you work
• Turn on facing pages to format your document as two-page spreads
• Create master pages to keep the design consistent across your page layout document
• Add linked text boxes so text easily flows from one place to another
• Create footnotes and endnotes and view word counts
• Use powerful graphics tools including Instant Alpha and masking
• Add elegant mathematical equations using LaTeX or MathML notation
• Seamless integration with MathType* and EndNote* for inserting equations and citations
• Turn on iCloud so your documents are automatically available on your Mac, iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and iCloud.com
• Access and edit your documents from a Mac or PC browser at www.icloud.com with Pages for iCloud
• Pages automatically saves your documents as you make changes
Share a copy of your work
• Use AirDrop to send your document to anyone nearby
• Quickly and easily share a link to your work via Mail, Messages, Twitter, or Facebook
• Export your document in EPUB, Microsoft Word, and PDF format
• Print wirelessly with AirPrint, including page range selection, number of copies, and two-sided printing
* MathType and EndNote both sold separately. EndNote integration requires a plug-in available from Pages support link.
Some features may require Internet access; additional fees and terms may apply.
Download and Install Pages
Apple Configurator 2
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
If you want to download the software on your pc or mac, you could either first visit the Mac store or Windows AppStore and search for the app OR you can easily use any of the download links we provided above under the "Download and Install" header section to download the application
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
I like it
I was having problems with Word, as it kept crashing, slowing my mac down, and was just not working for me, so I decided to give Pages another try. It does take some time to figure out how everything works if you’ve used word ever since computers were a thing. I do have to say it seems a bit less practical than Word for certain things, but for other, I have found myself being more practical. Since it does take a couple of days to get used to it, it might seem like it doesn’t compare to Word in the beginning, which is why I gave up on it a couple of times. It was when word crashed and didn’t save my extensive nursing school notes that I finally gave up on it. Pages has worked well, it looks simple, it does everything Word does (that i ever used), it takes up less storage space on my mac, and it hasn’t slowed my mac down or crashed yet. So I give it my approval :D I officially took the next step and have deleted office from my computer ✊
There is one thing I wish it would do that it doesn’t (or maybe it does and I havent figured it out): I wish I could add preset bullets and lists so that they would be available in future documents without having to save templates. Same goes for Styles.
I look forward to seeing future updates as I’ve been reading reviews and people seem to have the same complaints: that the earlier version was better. If I already like it now, I can’t imagine what it was like before. Would be nice to see this super practical app of the past resurface.
Linked Text boxes need improvement
I have hung on to Pages 09 for two reasons, both of which are still better than the current pages. First, it allows higlighting multiple portions of text or numbers at a time and then editing them all at once (for example, if I want to make all the numerical references in a body of text superscript, I can simply highlight all of the numbers and with one click, edit them all at the same time). The current “upgrade” of pages still requires the user to edit each number or portion of text one by one, even if you wish to do the same thing for each portion of text. Not efficient at all, and very laborious.
Second, if you are going to permit linking text boxes, PLEASE give the freedom to move around the text boxes to wherever we want! What is the point of linking them if Pages forces each box to stay on the page instead of moving with text wherever we want? Then it just automatically switches the order of the linked boxes and makes me want to tear my hair out! I will need to keep installing Pages 09 for these two reasons until Pages allows these functions. I realize they are more challenging because ipads and phones have limitations that a laptop doesn’t have, but please address!
PLease create a reference tab for citations
I am wrtiting this review hoping the developers will see it and make approproate changes to this otherwise wonderful application. I left the Microsoft world many years ago after using iWorks suite and getting used to it's simplicity. The work flow was just faster and more intuitive than MS Word could ever hope to be. Just recently, I was tasked with creating a training manual for a medical facility. I had all the materials I needed however, when it came to citing my research, Pages showed a fatal flaw. I could not get an MLA style in-text citation. I noticed in MS Word, there is a reference tab and you can choose the style of citation. The program will remember and recall it for you. It also places it in a bibliography for you. In any University paper, they will ask for in-text citations. Footnotes, are no longer acceptable as the only form of reference to research materials. Please make reference tab with different styled citation ability, MLA, APA, Chicago, etc.
was 5 star right up until 8.1
I need to note, I’m an author. This is the equlivent of someone coming in and destroying something at your work for 3 days and now you aren’t going to get paid for those and have to redo. That’s why like Crowley, “I’m having a moment here."
I just lost 4 hours work because the new install locked up and ate the later file. Somehow it’s now the file I started working on at 12 noon instead of the file I saved at 2 pm, 4 pm. I went to save before the new OS upgrade and it locked up spinning uselessly. I couldn’t even open force quit to get out of it. It locked up the entire computer. I couldn’t even restart the computer. I did have app store open and I told it to restart and install from there. And now when I went to open it at 5 pm after upgrading my OS, it’s back to the 12 noon file. All that work is GONE. I’m livid. DO NOT INSTALL THIS UPGRADE. It’s buggy as hell.
Pages continues to lock up. I lost the entire day this time. When I used revert, it told me that I had saved yesterday at 9 pm. It didn’t count the saves I personally did today at 11 a.m, 1:30 pm, 5:30 p.m. and at 12 a.m. Instead it wiped all that work out with NO copies to revert to for today. An entire day this time. Again the LAST update is buggy. DO NOT UPDATE. I’m moving back to Libre Office at this point, I’m tired of losing days worth of work. Label this as DNU