Written by Pavel Kostka
1. ● By default, you can cast your screen video (useful e.g. for showing photos, giving presentations, browsing web, etc).
2. If you want to transfer also audio together with video, you will need to install audio driver (instructions provided in the app, link above).
Latest Version: 4.5
What does Mirror Screen on Smart TV do? Supported TVs
● Compatible with the majority of 2013+ (and some 2012) smart TVs such as '13+ Samsung, '12-'16 LG, Access, Panasonic IV+, newer Sony and others (LG '17+ models are not compatible)
● Based on open DLNA interoperability recommendations
● Smart TV needs to support MPEG-TS streaming with H.264/AAC codecs (consult TV manual or just try it)
Screen Mirroring Features
● 12 predefined profiles: 480p...2160p (UHD) with 25 - 60 frame rate
● Hardware video encoder support (variable bit rate >20MBit/sec)
● Recording: active session can be (in parallel) recorded to an mp4 file and replayed later
● Multi-display support (choose which display you want to mirror to your TV)
● Low battery consumption & no buffering interruptions due to overloaded CPU (*)
● Optional adaptation of video stream to 16:9 (=TV) aspect ratio;
● 5 user profiles (bit rate up to 60Mbit/[email protected] HD or up to [email protected] HD)
● Dimming: computer screen can be dimmed while playing (e.g. a movie in a dark room)
● Time shift: if needed, video and audio can be offset +/- 1000 ms in 25 ms steps
● App needs permission for screen recording & audio capturing
● Dedicated audio driver that allows to capture & transmit audio regardless of what source is playing
● Due to App Store rules (no app can have attached any driver in the store), the driver needs to be installed manually from: https://www.nimbleai.com/aDrv
(*) - The app needs a Mac model 2011 or higher.
● Provides two modes: MP4 & Direct
-- MPEG streaming mode (mp4, mov) with locally seekable preview;
-- Direct streaming mode plays all TV-supported formats (typically AVI, 3GPP, DIVX,FLV,MKV,..)
Web Streamer (the mode requires High Sierra+)
● Compared to screen mirroring apps, no need to install any audio driver
● Solid >30MB A/V buffer ensures stream stability
-- combined audio/video streams
-- separated audio/video streams
-- video only streams
-- fMp4 streams
-- live streams for all of the above-listed combinations
-- streams encrypted with AES-128 & AES-sample for all of the above-listed combinations
● App is intentionally free so that you can test it with your TV model prior potential purchase
● Sessions up to 3 minutes as a demo; unlimited transfers as a one-off in-app purchase.
● You can't mirror DRM (digital rights management) protected content.
● FairPlay (Apple proprietary tech enforcing DRM)
● (Live) audio-only HLS streams & MP3 live streams (no DLNA support)
● Subtitles (no DLNA support)
● Due to DLNA TV buffer, there is typically 1-3 sec lag between what is shown on monitor and TV , i.e. the app is not primarily intended for real-time activities such as gaming.
● By default, you can cast your screen video (useful e.g. for showing photos, giving presentations, browsing web, etc). If you want to transfer also audio together with video, you will need to install audio driver (instructions provided in the app, link above).
Download and Install Mirror Screen on Smart TV
Mirror Screen on Smart TV
WiFi Connect for GoPro
SpeakerAmp: System Audio Boost
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
If you want to download the software on your pc or mac, you could either first visit the Mac store or Windows AppStore and search for the app OR you can easily use any of the download links we provided above under the "Download and Install" header section to download the application
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Awesome so far!
We have two computers, one a desktop and the other my little macbook. Our desktop did allow us to connect to the tv without any extra downloads but it would lag and eventually the screen would disconnect. We didn’t want to get the apple tv since we already have a ps4 and a smart tv. I read reviews for other apps that were supposed to stream to lg tvs and they were not good, complaining of crashing or just not working at all, and none allowed you to download the app for a trial to see how it worked first. I even went to LG website and downloaded the plex streamer or whatever they recommended and it never loaded, it would always say it was connecting, with no progress.
So I tested my luck and took back to the app store and I found this app that allowed you to try it out before buying the full version. It had great reviews and I figured I’d give it a shot and if it didn’t work, no foul. IT WORKED PERFECTLY and with literally no effort on my part. As soon as it downloaded and I launched it it automatically detected our tv. I love that you can either mirror your screen or play a file directly to the tv separately. I am currently watching a movie on the tv as I write the review on my computer. I obviously bought the full version immediately and it works exactly as I needed.
I would consider buying another app...
I would not spend time on writing reviews for software except giving them stars, but this one deserved it:
A) The trial time limit is not mentioned clearly. (Within ~3 min it expires. Does not give you enough time to understand the capability of the program. It should at least be 5 min.)
B) The lag time is so long that after I started an action, it was shown after 10 sec on the mirroring screen. The description should be changed and highlighted from "short lag time" to "not suitable for mirroring”. So if I can’t use this program for mirroring, why do I pay for it? Because there is a free app called "Universal media server” and it sure does a better job than this program, if you would only use it for streaming multimedia from a mac computer to smart TVs.
C) Lastly, I could not properly delete the app. I tried to delete it from the application folder and the program asked me if I wanted to delete the software, but the icon stayed afterward although the icon was not shown in the application folder. I have killed all docks and it is still there. I will try to restart…. Sticky app…!
WOW, what a scam.
So as others have reviewed, this app is NOT FREE. You may go through the trouble of downloading and figuring it out (NOT very user friendly), see its FINALLY working and sit back to watch your show. THEN about 3 minutes in it will stop working and say you need to purchase for $10!!!
That’s called the BAIT and swtich my friends. IF you happen to look at the full description, there is a line about it…. so Mr Kotsha can hind behind “oh I’m not hiding anything.”
BUT he knows what he is doing. NO other app EVER (that I have seen) works this way.
You are deciving people. This is BS. If you where more honest about that it is a DEMO from the beginning I ***might actually purchase this APP ******
BUT since you have been sneaky and the details are hidden, probadly not. That makes people feel cheeted!
I paid good money for this computer and my NEW samsung TV. Why for F**** sake I can’t get certain apps on the TV?
Not useful for presentations on a Samsung Smart 4K TV
I’m surprised that an app downloaded from the Apple Store would be such a waste of time. Within about 5 minutes after I downloaded and installed the app on my 2017 MacBook Pro a screen came up saying that I was in a limited use mode and would need to purchase full access. I expect a professional application to say up front on the Apple store that a purchase is required for useful access and what the cost would be without having to waste time installing it to find out. Also when using the app, there was a significant delay between actions on my computer screen and the resulting action on my TV screen. This siginificantly affects the usefulness of this application in displaying videos, slideshows and any type of presentation from your computer.