1. Playback requires a small one-time in-app purchase, or an active Emby Premiere subscription, also available in-app.
2. Bringing all of your personal media together into one place has never been easier! Emby unites your personal videos, music, and photos and streams them to your devices.
3. • Emby organizes your media into an elegant display with artwork, rich metadata and related content.
4. Get the free Emby Media Server from the Emby website (required as part of your Emby install).
5. Emby Premiere is available in-app as a monthly subscription for $6.99 USD per month.
6. • Emby automatically converts your media on-the-fly to play on any device.
7. The subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period.
8. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and the renewal cost is $6.99 USD.
9. The app is free to browse your media collection, and free to cast media to other devices.
10. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during the active subscription period.
11. Subscriptions may be managed and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase.
Download and Install Emby - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Great looking App but has issues and is not for pc novices
Pros- App is gorgeous both on iPhone and on home PC. It really is like having your own Netflix etc. It manages to pull images and info with ease and combines it into a lovely user friendly package that I use daily.
Cons - iPhone app struggles at time to stay connected to Chromecast and the app’s ‘remote control’ function regularly fails to connect stopping the using from all forms of program control (skipping, pausing etc). Constant restarts needed over and over again.
Don’t get this app if you your primary usage will be for music as it you will be very dissatisfied. It can’t manage music at all. Grouping, search and almost all features you get from programs like iTunes or any other similar products are missing or do not work. It’s simply bad.
Connecting outside of your local network is very difficult and to date after many help articles, lots of reading and many attempts I have still been unable to get it to work. It’s a shame because it would be great to be able to use it away from home and would encourage me to recommend it to friends and family. I’m quite experienced with building pc’s, setting up home and office networks etc so for the average computer user I would foresee this being a very difficult solution to implement properly.
Devs - Please keep up the improvements as I would love the above issues be resolved before another suitable solution comes along.
Things to realize
1. You aren’t going to be able to use this app until you pay. Plex’s app works in a very similar manner. It is nice that both of them will let you download and look at the layout before getting into actual purchase time.
2. Emby will give you a couple of purchase options just like Plex does. Monthly/lifetime etc.
3. If you want everything to be free your only real option is Jellyfin. Realize that due to this Jellyfin is behind Plex and Emby (you get what you pay for)
As for this app in general, get connected to your server, test out whether you like Emby on a streaming device like Roku (all of this can be done for free). If you like that and want to add premium devices (like this app) feel free to download the app, look at how the media is organized, and make your purchasing decision.
-I do wish this app would let me play a minute of content before telling me I need premium. That is one thing I liked more when testing out Plex before buying lifetime.
(Edit) it does give you a minute of playing media without paying. Click the movie and when the pay wall jumps on screen, scroll down and click “play one minute”
3 years of use and I still love it!
This is the Emby app for iOS, it gets 5/5 stars because it has worked flawlessly for 3 years and hasn’t had any issues to date that I can remember.
If you don’t have a server license subscription or one time server license purchase, then you have to purchase the Emby iOS app to access your own server. The server license is the way to go, then all Emby clients across all platforms and any additional users can all use the Emby app for free.
This is a review of the Emby app for iOS, not the Emby server you connect to. Emby for iOS works pretty flawlessly and I’ve never had an issue with it. From watching content to using the admin features to add a user or change access it all works as intended. It is regularity updated, and if an issue does happen, reports in the Emby forums start coming in and the DEVS are pretty much on top of it.
I have to say the DEVS and forums staff really care about Emby and try and answer every question if they can.
The Emby Server is not a flawless product. But the Emby app for iOS gets 5/5 stars.
What the heck. 1st off i purchased this app for my iphone. Secondly, I purchased the premium subscription. But now i go to play a movie while offline and get msg that i need to purchase to “unlock features” I get that you guys are trying to pay bills, but gees! Isn’t there something you can put in to deactivate this? Works on everything but the iPhone (iphone is only place I’m seeing this message). Maybe it’s an Microsoft thing? In any case. Why have this in the app, if you have to purchase or pay to use the server?? It makes no sense guys.
To the Emby Team: Thank you.
This is a truly amazing application. I tried Plex but was dissatisfied with the lack of customization and the requirement of a cloud account. Emby has solved my media streaming needs! HDHomeRun support is great, the metadata grabbing is superb, and the transcoding was simple to set up and works well. There are some bugs here and there—but I know full and well the devs are doing what they can to fix everything. I have one feature request, I suppose I need to post on the forum! Regardless, I love this piece of software. It has definitely been worth the $129 for the lifetime subscription! I’m in it for the long haul :)
Leave a review or comment