Written by Denys Yevenko
Latest Version: 1.7.5
Rated 5/5 By 10,492 People
What does Be Focused - Focus Timer do? Staying on task seems is a real challenge for our screen-bound generation. The Be Focused lets you get things done by breaking up individual tasks among discrete intervals, separated by short breaks. It’s a surprisingly effective way to retain motivation and focus. Create tasks, configure breaks and track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period.
- Manage your tasks
- Track your progress throughout the day, week or custom period
- Fast and easy goal tracking
- Customize to maximize productivity:
• Work interval duration
• Short break duration
• Long break duration
• Number of intervals between long breaks
• Target number of intervals per day
- Ability to start, pause, or skip work interval
- Auto-start the next timer (option)
- Ability to edit the number of intervals
- Ability to view the amount of skipped intervals
- Ability to paste a task list from other applications
- Pie Chart reports for better estimation how much time was spent on a certain task
- Global hotkeys
- Optional ticking sound
- Ability to change the frequency of the Chronometer sound
- Wide range of alarm sounds
- Ability to adjust the volume of the Chronometer sound
- Ability to adjust the volume of notifications
- Launch at startup option
- Also available for iPhone and iPad
- Full synchronization between iPad, iPhone and Mac
- Export to a CSV file
- No banners, no ads
Download and Install Be Focused - Focus Timer
Be Focused - Focus Timer
SurfPro VPN – Best VPN to Protect Privacy and Data
eXtra Voice Recorder Lite - Record, Organize, Note
Top Contacts - Contact Manager
Be Focused Pro - Focus Timer
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
If you want to download the software on your pc or mac, you could either first visit the Mac store or Windows AppStore and search for the app OR you can easily use any of the download links we provided above under the "Download and Install" header section to download the application
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
a great tool for "focus time"
I teach classes on productivity and focus. One of the most imporant parts of a "productive" life is having focused time, with all distractions turned off, to do your core work. For years, I would just use a simple timer to keep track of focus time, and also remind me to take breaks. This worked okay, but many of the timers were clunky. Plus, I had no idea where/how I was spending my time overall, unless I wanted to separately track it.
Then, along comes Be Focused. A perfect solution. It combines the timer with a lot more. It allows you to keep track of specific activities that you're engaging in, and how much time you're spending there. It automatically alternates between focus sessions and break sessions. It allows you specify how much time you want to alternate between focus and breaks, and will automatically remind you to stay on track. I haven't yet tried the pro version, but just this free version does a lot and is very useful.
This is great; negative reviews seem to describe some other app
I only have one quibble with this app being less than great for me: I would like it to take the computer’s focus away from whatever I’m doing to the app so that I have to actually decide and click to keep working. I usually work with music so the alarm sounds are either lost, ignored, or too jarring. There’s another Pomodoro-style app that I had been using that does the focus switch, but it doesn’t have the flexibility this one does, like pausing the work period and being able to log the task.
I read through a bunch of negative reviews here, and they are all complaining about things that just are not true. Yes, you can change the length of the work period and the length of breaks, yes, you can turn on a ticking sound and control its volume. The only complaint I found to be actually true was that the default end-of-work alarm was too loud. But seriously, you knew you were setting an alarm from the app description; yet you didn’t check the volume? OK, people do just just jump in and a gentler default would be nice, but it hardly seems something to downrated to a 3 about. The rest of the complaints seem to more of that kind of thinking: it wasn't set to MY preferences out of the box and I didn’t bother to look at the settings before complaining. Seriously? Do you eat at McDonalds too much (where the default is just the way you like it) or what?
Does the job, in an easy intuitive way.
- I have been using be focused for more than 2 years now, the application uses the pomodoro concept (in which you set a 25 min work session then a 5 min break). I can say, it does the job exceedingly well, in a good easy-to-learn UI.
- I recommend using Be Focused for anyone who wants to custumize their pomodoro experience (I use 40 min work session instead of 25). Moreover, if you want to add a list of things to work on (studying, reading, etc).
- In terms of improvements, I think if we can custimize focus time based on specific tasks (for example: when I put "studying" it automatically make it a 40 min focus session, while if I pick "playing" it makes it a 25 min focus session) and so on, other than that, the app is brilliant. Thank you for it!
Great help for concentration!
I highly recommend this app to those who want a better time management. “Be Focused” had been very helpful to me, a highschool student. “Be Focused” has a simple, but highly functional and useful interface. I haven’t yet experienced any bugs with the app. The a lot of features in the app can be customized by users. The break time, intervals, focus time, and notification sounds and volume can all be adjusted. Some of its best features to me are the goal setter, the fact that it shows the timer when hidden, and the chronometer sound that can be played in the background. These features make “Be Focused" stand out from numerous focus apps in the market. A lot of thanks to the developers for the attention to details!