Written by Lyashenko Pavel
Latest Version: 2.1
Rated 4.5/5 By 3,123 People
What does Red Hot Timer do? Capabilities:
- Set the timer to the specific time or to the exact time interval
- Multiple timers
- Repeating timers
- Text and color labels
- Combining timers into the scenaries
- Create shortcuts and set hotkeys for its
- One-touch timers addeding
- Display on top over all windows when timer expiring
- Ability to pin the window on top over all windows when working
- Fullscreen mode
- Flexible settings for sound and alerts
- Count Down or Forward
- Multiple timers in one window
- History of timers
- Timer in the staus bar and on the dock icon
And much more in this universal tool
Send any questions, comments and suggestions to me at [email protected]
Have a nice day,
Download and Install Red Hot Timer
Color Palette from Image
Red Hot Timer
Red Lines Tools
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
If you want to download the software on your pc or mac, you could either first visit the Mac store or Windows AppStore and search for the app OR you can easily use any of the download links we provided above under the "Download and Install" header section to download the application
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Exactly as promised
I like that there are three display options (the status bar, the tea kettle in the dock, and the main display); I enjoy that the display changes color with each reset; I appreciate that the display calculates what time it will be when the timer ends. I am very happy that I can shut off the audio alarm and the flashing is very obvious.
Features I wish it also had: the ability to count up so I could see how long something takes; a preference to keep the display on top of all my other work so I can easily move through various windows and apps without having to go back and pull the timer to the front.
I’m not sure why I’d ever need two timers going at once (cooking several dishes at the same time?) and I thought I would get to have more than one timer going at once when I saw “add a timer”, When I tried to start a 2nd timer, at first I thought the new one simply overrode the first one, but it actually DID have more than one timing!! Little dots at the bottom of the display allows you to toggle between them, and they are different colors so that helps. Then I discovered the tiling button and I can see all the simultaneous timers at once.
I just hope the app will warn me when I am close to needing a battery, and not wait until I am all out! I’m guessing the battery icon will help there, but haven’t used the app enough to see that go down yet.
App purchases does not carry over to multiple devices
Update: I am updating this review because I have the app on two devices. It seems that the app works independently from your apple accounts. That is, I bought the unlimited battery on my laptop but the purchase didn’t carry over to the desktop. I wish the app allowed multiple devices, like Bear and other apps do. I lowered my ratings because of this.
I am writing this review because it will earn me 7 days of free battery, well, it’s almost as if I’m being paid to review this product and I think anyone reading should be aware of that.
I like the app. I haven’t had it for many days yet so I can’t say if I’ll keep using it or not. I have found that other time tracking apps were too buggy or too slow and this one just works. It has several options to tinker around with, but I guess that the one I like the most so far is that it is both an alarm and a time tracker. I sometimes need to countdown and sometimes I need to say “let me know when it’s 4pm so I can switch tasks,” and this red hot kettle does it.
Given the kettle icon, I was hoping that there would be a sound option of a whistling kettle, but alas, not in this version (maybe in the future?).
Very good but not perfect
1) Convenient to use
* different ways to set a timer: time from now, specific time, and by dragging with a mouse from a menu bar
* the time remaining is displayed in the application window, in the dock icon, and in the menu bars (very convenient if several monitors are used)
* large numbers in the application window
* can have multiple timers set either in one window (up to 4) or in multiple windows
2) Looks good
* colorful nice interface
1) It is possible to set a short text reminder per timer on what I wanted to do when some specific timer rings, however it took me two years to discover how to do it - not a good part of the user interface
1) The program is not really free: if you plan to set many timers (more than 3 timers per day) it costs $7
2) The alarm rings for a short time only: if you are in a different room at the time, it is easy to miss it
* it would be useful to have a setting to make a timer to ring until it is manually turned off
(for example, when you have something on the stove and missing the timer means burned food and a lot of pot/pan scraping)
3) Time remaining displayed in the menu bars is displayed correctly only on the currently used monitor
* time on other monitors is not updated (or might be updated with some long delay) when applications open on the monitors do not get focus
Excellent and Attractive Timer
I needed a simple timer to use in keeping up with various kitchen tasks. After looking around the App Store, I decided to try this version. I’ve been very pleased both with the simple system for setting the timer and for its thoughtful features that make using several timers at the same time possible. I like (1) multiple ways to set a timer, (2) different colors for different timers, and (3) simple but attractive design. And also (4) the large numerals on the timer that make it easy to read from a distance.
I only wish that for more choices with the alarm noise…. a variety of sounds, a choice to have the alarm ring for a longer period of time to help me when I’m very busy and need a bit more of a reminder, and a volume control for the alarm rather than using the volume on the computer. I especially would like the first two of these…. more choices and longer ring time.