Written by DuckDuckGo, Inc.
1. Currently, if an advertiser wants to detect conversions on their own website for our private DuckDuckGo search ads, our 3rd-Party Tracker Loading Protection will not stop bat.bing.com requests from loading on the advertiser’s website following DuckDuckGo ad clicks, but those requests are stopped in all other contexts.
2. Note about our 3rd-Party Tracker Loading Protection following DuckDuckGo ad clicks: Our 3rd-Party Tracker Protection goes above and beyond what you get in most popular browsers by default, but we’re constantly working to make it more comprehensive.
Latest Version: 7.71.5
Rated 4.9/5 By 1,475,585 People
- Easy to use interface
- Powerful flame feature to wipe clean tabs
- Widgets are helpful
- Quick and looks nice
- Delayed URL bar auto-select behavior
- No way to group tabs
- Can't set DuckDuckGo as default for opening hyperlinks
What does DuckDuckGo Private Browser do? The DuckDuckGo app provides the most comprehensive online privacy protection with the push of a button. With one free download, you get an everyday private Internet browser that offers seamless protection while you search and browse, and even access to tracking protection for emails you receive.
Protecting your privacy online is like protecting your home. Locking the front door won’t stop the most determined folks from getting inside, especially if you’ve left the back door and windows unlocked and an extra key under the doormat. That’s why we offer multiple types of privacy protection, most of which aren’t offered in most popular browsers by default.
• Search Privately by Default - DuckDuckGo Private Search comes built-in, so you can easily search the web without being tracked.
• Block Tracking Cookies While Browsing - Prevent most 3rd-party Internet cookies from tracking you as you browse online.
• Escape Website Trackers Before They Load - Automatically stop most hidden trackers (3rd-party scripts) from loading, which prevents companies from collecting and using any personal data from these trackers. Stay secure with our cutting-edge tracker-blocking technology – 3rd-Party Tracker Loading Protection, which goes above and beyond what you get in most popular web browsers by default.
• Automatically Enforce Encryption - Force many sites you visit to automatically use an encrypted (HTTPS) connection, which helps shield your data from Wi-Fi snoopers and network onlookers like your Internet provider.
• Block Email Trackers (Beta) - Over 85% of emails sent to Duck Addresses (@duck.com) contain trackers that can detect when you’ve opened a message, where you were when you opened it, and what device you were using. Email Protection makes it easy to block most email trackers and hide your existing address when signing up for things online, all without switching email providers.
• Escape Fingerprinting - Help stop companies from creating a unique identifier for you by blocking their attempts to combine specific information about your web browser and device settings.
We feature many protections not available on most Internet browsers (even incognito browsers), including protection from link tracking, Google AMP tracking, and more.
EVERYDAY PRIVACY CONTROLS
• Tap Fire Button, Burn Data - Clear your tabs and browsing data fast with our Fire Button.
• Signal Your Privacy Preference with Global Privacy Control (GPC) - Built in to our app, GPC intends to help you express your opt-out rights automatically by telling websites not to sell or share your personal information. Whether it can be used to enforce your legal rights (for example, current or future CCPA, GDPR requirements) depends on the laws in your jurisdiction.
Note about our 3rd-Party Tracker Loading Protection following DuckDuckGo ad clicks: Our 3rd-Party Tracker Protection goes above and beyond what you get in most popular browsers by default, but we’re constantly working to make it more comprehensive. Currently, if an advertiser wants to detect conversions on their own website for our private DuckDuckGo search ads, our 3rd-Party Tracker Loading Protection will not stop bat.bing.com requests from loading on the advertiser’s website following DuckDuckGo ad clicks, but those requests are stopped in all other contexts. This is because DuckDuckGo private search advertising is in partnership with Microsoft. As part of that partnership, viewing ads on DuckDuckGo is anonymous and Microsoft has committed to not profile our users’ ad clicks.
Read more about this and our free Tracking Protections at https://help.duckduckgo.com/privacy/web-tracking-protections
You don't need to wait to take back your privacy. Join the millions of people using DuckDuckGo and protect many of your everyday online activities with one app. It's privacy, simplified.
Download and Install DuckDuckGo Private Browser
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
DuckDuck is not a safe app to use.
This app will take your information and account and sell it to any third party including terrorist and that’s what happened with me, I download that app and I write on the search key how to enable Rumble comments and I pack from the search results Rumble how to enable comment and that take me to the page and they don’t show me the clear steps and after that the terrorist who they selled to him my information and account he start to say to me F Word and threat me and he said to me that he will blow up not only me but the whole entire Neighborhoods that I am living in and he show me a map and the area that I am living in and said that he is not happy about my comments that I make on social media, then I contact Microsoft because I get that app from Microsoft App Store and I telled them why didn’t Microsoft write a warning about DuckDuck private browsing because the reason why I downloaded this app because it’s on Microsoft app Store, they respond to me that this app is a third party app. Anyway I still disappointed Microsoft because they didn’t mention that DuckDuck is a third party app and using that app is on my own risk and because Microsoft always have good apps and products if Microsoft don’t telled her customers that DuckDuck is a third party app and if they use it it’s on there owned risk, how there customers know this app is not safe.
I love this app and am very thankful that its available. My only complaint is that I often get lost in a loop of new tabs when trying to access my open tabs. At the bottom right of the app there is a small square with the number of existing tabs. 1/2 the time when I touch the tab number box it opens a new tab. If it only happened once I would not even mention it but it happens 5-6 times in a row before I finally get a chance to delete all the new tabs I have opened. Inevitably I hit above the X when trying to close one of the inadvertant new tabs and the cycle starts over when I try to hit the tab number box again. I love the app so much I just deal with it but man it would be nice if this issue could be fixed
I like Duck Duck Go because I like my privacy. I really don’t like thinking about the creeps that may hack into my life. Anyone that tracks me on the internet can’t be good for me. I just can’t imagine why people would want to see what I’m doing. I’m just an ordinary person doing what most people do. I also hate to think that advertising might avoid me merely because their program doesn’t include people like me. Isn’t that like racism? I change a lot because I like variety, without the ad, I probably won’t know about the product and so I will not buy it or suggest it to someone that my all powerful brain decides is appropriate. I don’t want to be overwhelmed with ads, please change them for variety. If I search for something, I may be looking for an ad, but not too many. I think I’d rather have untargeted ads so I know what is available. Sometimes, I really don’t want any ads. If I have money, I don’t mind paying to turn them off. But don’t charge me and advertise, that’s probably taking advantage of me. Unless the charge is small, more to deter waste than for profit.
I want to like it
I really do. I’ve been using it for several months now. Unfortunately I am just about at my wits end. Every single solitary page I ever load ever ever ever refreshes after 30 to 60 seconds. Maybe I could handle a refresh after one or two seconds but I will be halfway through logging into something or making a post and Bam it refreshes me and I have to start over. If I were just casually reading different websites maybe it wouldn’t be a big deal but I can’t tell you how many hundreds of forms I’ve had to fill out at least two and sometimes three or four times. Just load the stupid page! I have about learned that I have to wait a good while after every page I load to make sure that it’s not going to refresh me. I get that maybe you’re blocking cookies are trackers and maybe that’s why but it’s extremely annoying to have to start over whatever I’m doing EVERY SINGLE TIME.
Also “feature” or not I really really really hate that “new tab” button. I accidentally hit it multiple times a day. I also don’t like not having a good history back button. Sometimes I lose a page and then I can never go back to where I was and I have to start my searches all over again.
A simply private and elegant mobile experience
This app is just everything a mobile browser could need, and it only gets better with each update! First things first, this app looks like it was made with the mobile user in mind. One glance at the interface, and with a simple tutorial of just the most basic buttons, anyone could use this browser with ease. Not too many buttons to overwhelm the user, but not too few configurations to displease the power user. My favorite part of this privacy browser has to be the powerful flame which will wipe clean all the tabs that you may have open, allowing for you to start all over again with a new session full of your greatest searches. The latest update, as of this review, has added the feature to modify the splash effect of the flame to be a cooler “burn” effect. The developers are doing a great job maintaining this app with many great additions in each new release. Definitely an app for people who want peace of mind and privacy ensured with every search. Kudos to the team at DuckDuckGo for such an amazing app!