English Channel, Inc.
LDOCE Plus Overview
What is LDOCE Plus? The Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English PLUS Longman Activator Thesaurus is a comprehensive English language learning resource available on iOS. It features 230,000 words, phrases, and meanings, 165,000 examples based on real, natural English, 10,000 encyclopedic entries, and clear definitions written using only 2,000 common words. The app also includes full IPA phonetic transcriptions, verb conjugation tables, images, and videos to explain meanings at a glance. It has integrated collocations and thesaurus dictionaries, and grammar and warning notes to help avoid common errors. The Longman Activator Thesaurus provides full explanations of all words and phrases, making it a valuable resource for learners of English. The app also includes features such as wildcard pattern searches, spelling suggestion dictionary, bookmarks, flashcards, and teacher's resources in PDF for printing or email. It supports iOS 9 ~ 15, iPhone, iPod, iPad, and macOS, and has social media and sharing capabilities. The Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English PLUS Longman Activator Thesaurus is the largest resource for English learning available on ANY mobile platform.
- Largest resource for English learning available on any mobile platform
- Longman's flagship learner's dictionary PLUS the Longman Activator Thesaurus
- 230,000 words, phrases and meanings
- 165,000 examples based on real, natural English from the Longman Corpus Network
- 10,000 encyclopedic entries - people and places
- Clear definitions written using only 2,000 common words
- Full IPA phonetic transcriptions for all words
- 5,000 verb conjugation tables
- Over 3000 images and 120 videos to explain meanings at a glance
- Most frequent 3,000 words in spoken & written English highlighted for you
- Register Notes focus on the differences between spoken and written English
- The Academic Word List is highlighted to help you improve your essays and presentations
- Grammar and warning notes ensure that you avoid the most common errors
- Integrated Collocations Dictionary with over 80,000 collocations to improve your fluency
- Integrated Thesaurus with over 20,000 synonyms, antonyms and related words to improve your vocabulary range
- 83,000 pronunciation files with all headwords in both UK & US accents
- Another 86,000 recorded example sentences via external links
- Full index for quick look-up of words or phrases
- Over 15,000 audio pronunciations in British & American English
- Full IPA phonetic transcriptions for all words and phrases
- Over 400 images
- Full contents of the print dictionary PLUS additional collocations, synonyms & word histories
- Unique three-way cross-referencing search
- Real-time progressing look-up
- Wildcard pattern searches with * ?
- Spelling suggestion dictionary included
- Hyperlinking directly to meanings & appendices
- Example sentence search
- Search on idioms & phrasal verbs
- Search on synonym & "sign-post" meanings
- Bookmarks with folders and editable notations
- Bookmark syncing via iCloud
- Automatic history listing
- Flashcards to test yourself
- Teacher's resources in PDF for printing or email
- "Word-of-the-Day" sets including TOEIC® & TOEFL®
- "Today" widget for finding new words
- "Share" extension to search inside other apps
- "LDOCE Broadcast" for second-screen & iPad split-screen search
- OS-independent app localization
- Search from other applications via a public API
- DarkMode & 3D Touch support
- iPad Pro multi-screen and Drag & Drop
- Complete offline use
- Supports iOS 9 ~ 15
- iPhone, iPod, iPad and macOS support
- Supports Facebook, Twitter, Sina Weibo & Evernote posts
- Full layout for definition emails & Evernote posts
- Copyright: Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English © Pearson Education Limited, Longman Activator Thesaurus, Second Edition © Pearson Education Limited.
Download and Install LDOCE Plus - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
The developer who answer the reviews is not the same from support desk
The person who answer the review tells me that whatever I’m Observing as a bug it’s not, actually he or she says it’s a expected behavior.
The support desk tells me that is something it should have been fixed in the update but it wasn’t . I can’t make myself understood if the support desk hardly ever answers nor even check the pictures of video where you can observe the bug and replicate it.
If the developer is going to answer me to my review , I think that the minimum thing he or she could is to make make sure someone have previously answer to me from support desk
How can support desk tell me it’s a bug and that it should be solved with the update but it isn’t after so many months
And then you developer comes here and answer reviews telling me it’s not a bug, it’s a expected behavior
The minimum thing your support desk could do is to review the email and at least open the videos and pictures proof that there is a bug
But support desk or customer service hardly ever answers
Really happy with this purchase
Been using Oxford Advanced Learners’ Dict for 7+ years but their price, bugs and subscription policy just recently got ridiculous. Longman has wayyyy better ios and PC app that works more smoothly, has more user friendly interface, boasts a greater number of word/collocation/idiom/thesaurus entries and pictures, all for the same price if not better. Should have switched to using Longman much earlier.
Great app, but with some glitch.
The app is great, but there seems to have some glitch for the offline example sentence reading. After I purchased and downloaded the offline example sentence, it always show no internet connection, when my signal is poor. Hope the bug could be fixed in the future release.
Version 12.1.4 no working,V 12.1.5 working now, perfect.
iphone Xr IOS 15.1 ( up to date) LDOCE Plus Longman Dictionary + Activator Version 12.1.4 no working any more When I use the app, it go back to the App store, in the App store, I push (open) to launch the App, it go back to the App store, looping all the time, I am not able to use this App any more😭😭😭
12.1.5 working now, perfect. Thanks😄
First of all I have to say that your dictionary is a very useful and also impressive guide for all the learners of english language, I really appreciate your efforts, you did a great job, but recently I found a typing error in the entry of proper name “Richard Wagner” in your dictionary. unfortunately the name of his famous opera, “Tristan and Isolde” was written: “Tristram and Isolde”. if it is possible in your upcoming updates correct this error.
Thanks a lot
with best regards
Leave a review or comment