Okta Verify Overview
What is Okta Verify? Okta Verify is a mobile app that provides an extra layer of security for users signing in to their Okta accounts. It offers 2-step verification through temporary 6-digit codes or push notifications sent to the user's device. The app does not store personal information and only requests permission for the device camera to scan a QR code for registration. Users can enroll in Okta Verify, add multiple Okta accounts, manage 2-factor authentication for non-Okta applications, and approve or deny sign-in requests on their device. For more information, users can refer to the Okta Verify documentation.
1. When you sign in to Okta, you can use Okta Verify to obtain a temporary 6-digit code or to approve a request notification sent to your device (your organization must enable notifications to use this feature).
2. Okta Verify does not store personal information - we request permission only for your device camera, which is used to scan a QR code to register your device with Okta.
3. * Enroll in Okta Verify as a new user by registering your mobile device with your Okta account.
4. Okta Verify is a lightweight app that is used for 2-step verification so you can confirm your identity when you sign in to your Okta account.
5. * Add one or more Okta accounts that require Okta Verify for authentication.
6. * Approve or deny sign-in requests on your device from a push notification (if enabled).
7. Okta values your privacy.
8. * Manage 2-factor authentication for non-Okta applications and web services that require the use of passcodes.
9. This gives you an extra layer of security so that you - and only you - can access your applications.
Download and Install Okta Verify - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Need Search option
I use this for work. Have many account to connect to. Authenticator from LastPass has this option.
Last update was great
We were having some issues with not getting the notification on time when we send the push notifications , however after the last update it is working so much better!
Does what it’s supposed to do!
Not a complicated utility (from my viewpoint!). It’s always worked for me with sending a verification push to me and instantly sending the ok to the other side. No issues.
App notifications don’t work
For the longest time, I’ve been able to receive notifications from the app, allowing me to approve notifications without having to directly open the app in order to approve it. Now, for whatever reason, even though notifications are enabled for Okta Verify, I am not receiving notifications at all, what is going on?!
Better than Google Authenticator.
I find this better than Google Authenticator. I have just 2 small complaints, and they are primarily for the Watch companion app. First, there is no visual way to see where in the 60 second cycle you are on the watch. Second, there isn’t a Watch complication to add to a watch face. Being able to summon Okta on the watch quickly via a complication would be much appreciated. Keep up the good work.
Leave a review or comment