One World Dictionary Overview
What is One World Dictionary? The One World Dictionary by Ascendo is a multilingual reference tool for Apple computers that offers over 100,000 translations, 1,000 phrases, and 5,000 verb conjugations in English, Spanish, French, Italian, and German for free. The app also provides comprehensive dictionaries, phrase books, and verb conjugations as in-app purchases. The extended dictionaries include over 250,000 translations and 6,000 verb conjugations per language pair. The app integrates with other applications, such as Safari, and allows users to lookup words quickly and easily. The app also offers features such as text-to-speech audio, the ability to add, edit, and delete phrases, and the option to change text size with one click.
1. It includes over 100,000 dictionary translations, 1,000 phrases and 5,000 verb conjugations in English, Spanish, French, Italian and German.
2. The extended dictionaries are comprised of over 250,000 translations 6,000 verb conjugations per language pair.
3. ✓ Extended dictionary includes 528 phrase per language pair (in-app purchases).
4. ✓ Extended dictionaries provide comprehensive databases comprised of over 250,000 translations per language pair (in-app purchases).
5. The extended phrase books include 528 phrases per language pair in 20 categories.
6. ✓ Dictionary includes thousands of the most used words in English, Spanish, German and Italian (free version).
7. ✓ Phrase books include over 200 phrases per language pair, over 1,000 in all (free version).
8. ✓ Dictionary translations include multiple meanings, part of speech and noun gender.
9. ✓ Lookup words while using applications like Safari, TextEdit and many others by right control-clicking on a word and selecting “Lookup in One World Dictionary”.
10. Translations include multiple meanings, part of speech, noun gender and verb tenses.
11. One World Dictionaries integrate with Lion applications such as Safari so you can lookup words using control-click.
Download and Install One World Dictionary - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Useful but needs cross-links, and be more complete
I have this dictionary on both my computer and my iPhone. I use it a lot since I am a beginning French speaker. But cross-links that take me to the french side from a definition on the english side would be very useful, especially for the verbs. That way when I want to find the french verb for "to come" I see that it is "venir". Now I have to search for "venir" to get the conjugation. A pain. It is not well thought out for the user in mind. Also, I have found many instances where a french word is given from the english side, but when I want to see the conjugation, I type it in and it is not on the french side. For instance search for french verbs for "to forget". You get "omettre". Now I want to see the conjugation of "omettre", only to find "omettre" is not in the french dictionary. I find this too often. I do like that the verb conjugations are given for the french verbs. I have not shopped around for other french english dictionary apps, so for now I am stuck wiht this one. I must say that I do use it a lot though.
Useful app for learning a new language
I've been using this app while studying spanish and have found it very useful. I love the fact that it has not only present tense conjegations but also past and future tenses as well. I would have given it 5 stars, but not all verbs have the conjugations listed. For instance, the listing for spanish verb "andar" lists the definition, but not the conjugations. There are a few others that I have come across as well. Great app for the price.
Resroucefull little tool
This is an invaluable tool for me. Yes, it could have more words in it, but I love the fact that I can look up a verb in Italian, or Spanish and see how to properly conjugate that verb. I work in Italian, and consequently am learning Italian. I use this tool on a regular basis. It doesn’t have every word I need, but it is extremely useful. It is free (not even ads), give it a try. You will love it. Also in Preferences you can check the box to show paid version words… there are all those words I was looking for... I haven’t paid from them yet. I cannot think of a better way to give away your very resourceful dictionary for FREE and still make a living. I personally think it is a very nice app. I keep them on to remind me if I really need to, I can always buy the full app with more words.
ok, lot of words missing
for the people complaining about the price, thats to be expected, theres not a single foreign language dictionary for free that I can find.
the app is ok, i use the spanish dictionary and there are quite a few words missing so if I don't have internet access to use google translate I have to wait to find out, which gets annoying. So please, One World, update frequently with more words. Also, every conjugation of a verb just says, for example with juegas; "conjugation of verb Jugar". It would be helpful if instead it linked directly to the root verb and highlighted the conjugation.
I'll give it a 4 or 5 star rating if you add a more complete edition of the spanish dictionary and make a few tweaks. Since I bought it almost a year ago there hasnt been any major update, a little disappointing.
Leave a review or comment