NewsBar RSS reader Overview
What is NewsBar RSS reader? NewsBar is a Mac newsreader app that delivers news feeds with a smooth animation right to your desktop. It converts RSS and Twitter feeds into a real-time live news stream with categories, keyword watching, and notification alerts. The app allows users to organize, read, follow, mark, filter, and search news from their favorite feeds. NewsBar is built with a high-speed, efficient RSS engine and offers seamless Mac desktop integration with adjustable opacity. It also features customizable interface, iCloud sync across all Apple devices, and runs on all macOS versions from 10.7 and later.
1. News Reading crafted to perfection! NewsBar is built with a fresh concept: news feeds delivered with a smooth animation, right to your desktop with automatic iCloud sync across your Microsoft devices.
2. Converts any RSS and Twitter feeds into a realtime live news stream with categories, keyword watching and notification alerts.
3. All of your favourite RSS and Twitter feeds continuously appear on the selected side of your display or in a regular window.
4. It's just an additional feature which allows to read selected Twitter feeds from sources where RSS not available.
5. You can easily organize, read, follow, mark, filter and search news from your favourite feeds.
6. There is no need to register any account or login into any service, news reading with NewsBar is simple, safe and private.
7. NewsBar is like having your own, personal news agency.
8. Stories are read directly from RSS and Twitter sources without delay.
9. Important: NewsBar is NOT a Twitter client.
10. Twitter feeds should be added manually.
11. You don't have to waste your time checking webpages: NewsBar will show you what's going on right now.
Download and Install NewsBar RSS reader - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
So Far So Good!
I just downloaded this app, based on the excellent reviews here, to replace Shrook which I’ve been using for years. Apparently the Shrook developers are shutting down their operation including the server they use for syncing feeds between devices. I like the fact that NewsBar syncs via iCloud. It was amazingly easy to transfer my feeds from Shrook to NewsBar just by copying and pasting the URL from one to the other. Nice!
Configurability is wonderful - it seems there’s a setting for almost everything. There’s one setting I didn’t see and would like added - to be able to set a value for the length of time that I preview an article before it marks itself as “read”. It appears that the default value is a few seconds. I’d like to be able to set it to an almost instantaneous trigger. I’m used to previewing articles quickly and right now I have to hover over the preview for those few seconds before it gets marked. Not a big deal, but it does slow the process down a bit.
I do really like being able to have feeds up on the screen at all times. What a great idea!
Good in General but needs a few tweaks
In general this is what I was looking for on my Pc. It makes having news always around good, but not overwhelming. From this page it looks like it’s been updated in 2018, but the Support page has known issues from early September. For example, if I reboot the newsbar doesn’t start up again. If I select start at login, after a reboot it’s unchecked again. Simple bug to fix, but not sure it will ever happen.
Convenient With Good Service & Updates
I’ve been using this app for years and love it! Very convenient and the developer offers good customer service and keeps the product updated. NewsBar is my desktop UI for RSS feeds and Twitter. It keeps me updated on the technology and business subjects relevent to my work.
Very customizable and useful
I’m able to follow everyone I want and set up the feed exactly how I like it. It was exactly what I was looking for when I downloaded it. The support staff was very responsive and helpful when I had a minor bug.
Leave a review or comment