1. Four Winds Mahjong is played with 144 tiles and uses the hazard tiles (flowers and seasons).
2. Four Winds Mahjong, is the traditional chinese Mahjong game with four players.
3. Four Winds Mahjong is a must have for every mahjong enthusiast.
4. Because of the description of the mahjong rules this app is also useful for beginners to learn this interesting game.
5. You play against 3 virtual opponents.
Download and Install Four Winds Mahjong - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Decent four-player Chinese Mahjong
I played the original for PC years ago, and this is indeed more “streamlined.” There is no in-game sound, which doesn’t bother me (always found the computer voices shouting “Pung!” and “Kong!” at me to be irritating, and turned them off). There is a game manual under the “I” button. I would like a statistical history, but that’s obviously not going to happen. $12 is too much for this apparently abandoned game, but as far as I can see, it’s the only option for Mahjong that’s not solitaire.
Four Winds Mahjong
1. This is an EXCELLENT and the BEST “real" Chinese Mahjong game available online. It is not just matching tiles.
2. It is a simplified version as no “flower tiles” are used.
3. You play to make a hand of 3 sets (Pungs or Chows) and a pair of matching tiles to win the round.
4. The computer will prompt you when a tile discard is available for you to “take” to make a set or call for Mah Jongg!
5. It’s your decision and you can click to “ignore” and continue with whichever hand you are attempting to make.
6. The computer keeps score.
7. Instructions and rules are available within app.
8. I don’t quite understand why we won’t be able to continue playing… something about “bits”??
9. I have written to the developer and unfortunately have not received a reply.
OK, but needs work
1. No true full screen mode, so the tiles are pretty small.
2. Why no double click to discard a tile? You still have to click/drag, even with a mouse.
3. Why can you not enter your own name?
4. An explanation of scoring would be extremely helpful for beginners.
I enjoy the game, but for the price, I expected more.
No audio on 10.6.8 Windows
When starting this app on my Windows, the opening sound plays but there are no in-game sounds at all. It seems like there should be player voices and such, but nothing. The support link takes you to the developer's web page that just has a list of apps with links back to the app store - no actual "support."
Leave a review or comment