Written by Shihab Mehboob
1. NOTABLE FEATURES: - Browse Twitter in chronological order without the distractions of promoted tweets or ads - Beautiful iOS-centric UI - Universal app (one-time purchase to get it on iPhone, iPad, Watch, and Mac) - Widgets to display timeline feeds and latest tweets on your home screen - Multiple columns on iPad that can be tweaked to display the content (and amount of columns) that suit your browsing preferences - Compose tweets with media, GIFs, ASCII character faces, drawings, and more - Powerful tweet filters (words, hashtags, users, media, quoted content, retweets, tweets above or below...
Latest Version: 1.0.90
Rated 3.8/5 By 253 People
What does Aviary do? Aviary is a beautiful Twitter client built with iOS design guidelines in mind. It's simple enough to pick up and use immediately, and powerful enough to tweak it just the way you want. The delightful interface is coupled with extensive features that feel the part on your device, whilst elevating your Twitter experience.
WHY YOU'LL LOVE AVIARY:
Browse Twitter without the distractions of promoted tweets or ads. Use filters to hide tweets containing keywords, users, media, quotes, retweets, tweets above or below certain thresholds, regular expressions, and more. Tweak app icons, tints, gestures, tweet appearances, and much more with the extensive list of settings options.
Quickly view lists, set custom tabs, change accounts, respond to tweets, share content, and more using gestures and context menus. Siri Shortcuts, Share Extensions, iMessage Stickers, and Widgets means that the fun doesn't stop when you leave the app.
- Browse Twitter in chronological order without the distractions of promoted tweets or ads
- Beautiful iOS-centric UI
- Universal app (one-time purchase to get it on iPhone, iPad, Watch, and Mac)
- Widgets to display timeline feeds and latest tweets on your home screen
- Multiple columns on iPad that can be tweaked to display the content (and amount of columns) that suit your browsing preferences
- Compose tweets with media, GIFs, ASCII character faces, drawings, and more
- Powerful tweet filters (words, hashtags, users, media, quoted content, retweets, tweets above or below certain thresholds, regular expressions, sentiment, and more)
OTHER EXCITING FEATURES:
- Context menus across the app to quickly perform actions
- Hashflags support
- View polls
- View pinned tweets
- List creation and browsing support
- Trends and search support
- Extensive profile actions, including adding private notes to remember details about the respective user
- In-app Instagram media and YouTube playback
- Intuitive gestures (swipe tweets, long-press tweets and tab bar items, pinch the screen to screenshot, and more)
- Siri Shortcuts to perform quick actions
- Biometric app lock
- Text and image text translations
- Autoplaying timeline videos
- Push notifications for mentions and replies
- Drag and Drop tweet and media support
- Extensive keyboard shortcuts and trackpad support
- Custom app icons and themes to tweak the app to your liking
- Dark mode and high-contrast backgrounds
- Watch app to browse and post tweets
- Share Extension to post tweets and media
- Action Extension to open Twitter links in the app
- iMessage Stickers
- Accessibility labels, dynamic font sizing, and VoiceOver support
- Haptics and alerts
- iCloud sync
GET IN TOUCH:
If you have any questions or feedback, please get in touch. Aviary was created by an incredibly small team of one and I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'm available through Twitter @JPEGuin.
Download and Install Aviary
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
If you want to download the software on your pc or mac, you could either first visit the Mac store or Windows AppStore and search for the app OR you can easily use any of the download links we provided above under the "Download and Install" header section to download the application
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
The Apollo variant of Twitter
I’ve been using Aviary as my main Twitter app for some time now, and I grew to fall in love with it. The UI which reminds me of Apollo is part of the reason why I use it as my main Twitter app the other part is just how fluid and clean the app looks from the app icon to the app itself it shows how much the developer cared about the design of the app and to make it as if Apple created the app itself! While it’s not perfect I do have issue trying to use the app on my Apple Watch Series 3 where it won’t let me log in and they’re still some things I would love to see added in future builds assuming the Twitter API allows it, but at the end of the day I plan on keeping with Aviary for all my Twitter needs and can’t wait to see where it’ll be a year from now!
Lots of bugs that are being ignored, while it’s updated daily with new features. I don’t care about features when I can barely use the app.
All of these bugs have existed since the beta, and with countless updates since release none of them have been touched. He cares more about insignificant new features, but rarely fixing bugs. I’ve switched back to my old Twitter app, I can’t take daily updates with no bug fixes.
• Timeline doesn’t remember where I was. I often read the same tweet multiple times because it scrolled back. This bug is SO common I’m shocked it shipped this way.
• Duplicate chunks of tweets a few times: I scroll past a bunch, then the same bunch again. Only seen this once or twice.
• Tweeting at an account I follow doesn’t show a suggestion for that account, rather other random accounts I don’t follow. I have to type the entire user name every single time.
• Can’t long-press any links to copy the URL.
• Tapping a linked tweet “preview” opens details for the tweet of the account I follow, not the tweet that person linked to.
• Undoing a retweet is strangely rather difficult.
PS: we don’t need or want four updates in a day. Focus more time on developing. It’s wasting everyone’s time creating so many builds and not fixing the actual issues.
Good app but pretty buggy
For the most part this app is pretty good, but there’s a couple of issues that I ran into. The first being that the Apple Watch app was stuck on the “open the app on your iPhone” screen and no matter what I did, including reinstalling the app, I couldn’t get it to go away.
The second was spending the last 18ish hours dealing with phantom audio coming out of both my iPhone and iPad. It was super creepy, and a little bit ago I finally figured out that it was coming from the app when I opened it to check Twitter and it started doing it again. I closed it and the audio stopped, then I opened it and the audio started playing again.
These issues aside, I like the UI and I think eventually I could end up using it more than Tweetbot. Just isn’t quite there yet.
good and more
1. The language support indicates that the application supports Chinese, but it still does not support it so far. I hope to fix this problem as soon as possible.
2. The tweet translation function is very good. I hope to set the automatic translation of global tweets, or add translation options in the left or right swipe.
3. There is not an intuitive visual feedback when sending a tweet. I don't know whether I sent it successfully or not.
4. When multi-column layout on ipad, every time you open the application, the left column is there, you need to manually slide left, hoping to remember the last layout settings.
5. Regardless of whether it is a picture or a video, it is cropped at the same ratio. I hope to display the original ratio (especially the video). The click logic of the video hopes to refer to the full-screen playback of the official client. The picture uses the waterfall stream or the official client.
6. Poor fluency (compared to the smoothness when using appstore), and sometimes crashes (tweet, pull-down refresh, horizontal and vertical screen (ipad), left swipe left sidebar, etc.)