Written by Mach Software Design
1. Aquarium 4K features over 20+ stunning themes, with each theme featuring breathtaking 4K Video and the most cutting-edge and beautiful Widgets ever to grace a Desktop! 4K Videos include a huge variety of exotic fish; including: Sting Rays, Jelly Fish, Cat Fish, Clown Fish, Lion Fish, Sea Horses, Alligators, and much more! Also visit a variety of locations around the world the Great Barrier Reef, the Bahamas Barrier Reef, Thailand, and more.
Latest Version: 1.0.4
What does Aquarium 4K - Live Wallpaper do? Introducing Aquarium 4K: The most innovative and insanely beautiful Wallpaper application ever conceived. Aquarium 4K features over 20+ stunning themes, with each theme featuring breathtaking 4K Video and the most cutting-edge and beautiful Widgets ever to grace a Desktop! 4K Videos include a huge variety of exotic fish; including: Sting Rays, Jelly Fish, Cat Fish, Clown Fish, Lion Fish, Sea Horses, Alligators, and much more! Also visit a variety of locations around the world the Great Barrier Reef, the Bahamas Barrier Reef, Thailand, and more. And if you're going to be away from your computer for a while, Aquarium 4K includes an optional Screen Saver Mode! Aquarium 4K also features a super efficient video player foundation that can play full 4K videos while consuming on average 5% CPU per display; so it's not only insanely beautiful -- but ridiculously efficient as well.
Other features include Unlimited Display support, with each Display being independently customizable; 30+ Widgets to live on your Desktop with each Widget supporting customizable position, size, font, foreground color, and background color, and you can even load your own Quicktime videos. Built on tested and proven technology, Aquarium 4K is the most beautiful application to ever live on your Desktop. Aquarium 4K works great on 3K and 5K displays as well!
Super Cool Features!
- 20+ 4K Ultra HD Themes as Video Wallpaper or can be put in Screen Saver mode
- All included Quicktime videos are full 4K Ultra HD Quality
- Fish include: Sting Rays, Jelly Fish, Cat Fish, Clown Fish, Lion Fish, Elephant-Nosed Fish, Sea Horses, Alligators, Sea Anemones, Blue Tang Fish, and much more
- Visit various locations around the world including: The Great Barrier Reef, the Bahamas Barrier Reef, Thailand, and more
- Unlimited Display support, with each display being independently customizable
- Super efficient Video Player foundation can play full 4K videos while consuming on average 5% CPU per display
- Load your own Quicktime videos
Screen Saver Mode can optionally be Enabled from the Menu Bar
- Choose Themes graphically with a single click
- Add over 30 different Widgets with a single click; with each Widget supporting customized position, size, font, foreground color, and background color
- Forecast Widgets show Temperature, Conditions, Wind speed, Humidity, and Pressure for the next 12 hours
Works great with 3K, 4K, and 5K displays
Incredibly advanced, yet super easy to use
Download and Install Aquarium 4K - Live Wallpaper
Aquarium 4K - Live Wallpaper
Cinema Theater - App for Video Streaming Services
Alien News Pro
Weather Dock Express
Motion Weather 4K - Ultra HD
fuboTV: Watch Live Sports & TV
A little to the left - PUZZLE
Live Wallpapers HD & Weather
Coloring Book - ZOO
Coloring Book - DIY
SoTubes for Sonos
Toon Goggles - On-Demand Entertainment for Kids
Mechanical Clock 3D Lite
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
It’s Not OK...
. . . to skip the use of blue filters! It renders a bluish hue in certain scenes. While it is acceptable to have said hues, the purpose would be more artistic and cleaner in appearance. The scenes themselves would be much improved. Please appy an update in the near future to meet customers’ concerns and feedback and it will help your app succeed.
Multiple monitor support, 20 scenes
I bought both this live desktop aquarium pp and another, more popular app. They were the same price.
This is the app I needed. I have 3 monitors and this app can display to all 3 monitors and I can choose a separate scene on each monitor.
This app also lets you upload your own Quicktime vidoe, which is something I may want to do in the future.
I have not tried the widgets, so I cannot review them.
Major Fail - Full of Bugs, No Support
None of the widgets work. They appear but are completely blank with no data or images. Adjusting foreground/background color/opacity does not help. I try to set the location and I get an error beep and nothing happens.
I tried to submit a support email on their website from the link in the App store and it did not work. Epic fail. Developers, can you help here?
Decent but could be better...
This runs fine on my 3.4 GHz Intel Core i5 Windows Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017. It’s true it doesn’t take up much CPU. I also like that you can add your own quicktime videos which is what I’d do. My criticisms are that the scenes all look to be shot in tanks which you can see in the backgrounds. The seahorse stays mostly hidden behind seagrass. You can see the top of the slightly crooked tank the sea anemones are in. The gator stays at the top and you can see food being dropped in to attract the fish. The sunken ship looks like all dead coral and not realistic and I wouldn’t have known that was the point unless it said so. The aquarium scenes are sharp, but really don’t look like the advertised over the top marketing jargon the developer uses. The lighting is amateurish I think. If they were shot in the open ocean I think they’d be far far better. BBC Earth they are not. The widgets are ok but the weather wasn’t accurate and I checked with others. Nothing great, but not terrible. Nice idea but needs work. The over-the-top marketing rhetoric seems to be “of the era”…need to lose that until you live up to it.
No Screensaver Mode
So there’s not really a “screensaver mode.” You can manually turn on the screensaver, but there’s no way to have it auto-set, which defeats the whole purpose of screensavers. Unless you only want a wallpaper, don’t waste your money. Honestly, it’s pretty disingenous to advertise that this has a “screensaver mode” when it really doesn’t.