Written by individual Software, Inc.
1. * Only from the Castle! Visit the Lost City and play the #1 typing game, Ziggy Arcade Action Game, and the first-ever narrative typing game, Treasure Quest.
2. Kids type their way around Typer Island to reach the castle, advance to the Lost City, and become touch typists! Preferred by teachers and parents.
3. *Typing Instructor for Kids was the #1 best-selling typing program specifically designed for kids - Source: The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service dollar sales (2006-February 2011).
4. This #1 Best Kids Typing Program is educational, entertaining, and will motivate kids to improve their typing skills with immediate results.
5. They learn all keyboard basics following an age-appropriate Typing Plan with step-by-step lessons, challenges, tests and games.
Latest Version: 5.0
Rated 3.5/5 By 34 People
What does Typing Instructor for Kids Platinum do? Typing Instructor for Kids Platinum 5
The Exciting Way for Kids to Learn to Type!
Learn in English or Spanish
#1 Best-Selling For Kid’s Typing*
Kids learn to type on an exciting adventure on Typer Island. They learn all keyboard basics following an age-appropriate Typing Plan with step-by-step lessons, challenges, tests and games.
This #1 Best Kids Typing Program is educational, entertaining, and will motivate kids to improve their typing skills with immediate results. Kids type their way around Typer Island to reach the castle, advance to the Lost City, and become touch typists! Preferred by teachers and parents.
* 10 Customizable Typing Plans for All Skill Levels Ages 6-12
* Lessons include step-by-step instruction with visual 3D guide hands.
* Instant Results for Lessons, Tests, and Games
* Shows progress in words typed per minute and accuracy.
* 30+ Multi-Play, Multi-Level Game Challenges
* Master challenging keys and escape danger playing in the deep waters of Typing With Sharks and Sea Creatures!
* Get to the mountain top first, and sharpen your speed and dexterity playing Cliffhanger.
* 40 Engaging Practice Stories
* Visit the Story Lagoon and practice typing selections from Fairy Tales or Classic Literature.
* Practice Activities
* Take a break on Explorer Isle to play any of Typer Island’s games using just the keys you have learned.
* Rewarding Castle Adventures
* Navigate your way through interactive 3D game Tomb Typer and collect treasures.
* Move your motorcycle across the desert in Xtreme Typing.
* Additional Challenges in the Lost City Adventures
* Only from the Castle! Visit the Lost City and play the #1 typing game, Ziggy Arcade Action Game, and the first-ever narrative typing game, Treasure Quest.
* Learn in English or Spanish
* Keyboarding Basics
* Proper Hand Positions
* Speed and Accuracy
* Have Fun!
*Typing Instructor for Kids was the #1 best-selling typing program specifically designed for kids - Source: The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service dollar sales (2006-February 2011).
For 24/7, multi-platform access to this application in the cloud, see http://www.typinginstructorforkids.com.
Download and Install Typing Instructor for Kids Platinum
Typing Instructor for Kids Platinum
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
If you want to download the software on your windows pc or mac, you could either first visit the Mac store or Microsoft AppStore and search for the app OR you can easily use any of the download links we provided above under the "Download and Install" header section to download the application
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
BEST TYPING PROGRAM WE COULD FIND!
I dont normally spend time writing reviews, but I was so happy to find this program after purchasing a few duds. My 8 year old son has trouble writing so it was suggested to help him begin to learn to type. I also is really important if you are thinking about your child having assistive technology or if they are having trouble writing at school and are at the grade where they have the option to type out their work. My son loves the program. Its not as boring as the others out there. They change it up with challenges at the end of a practice. They help with practice to work on which fingers to use for which letters. It has fun games to try, that are challenging and maybe frustrating when you first try them, but they look fun and playful and it makes it seem less like learning. I am very happy we found this program and sorry I wasted our money on 2 other programs I tried that were terrible. The music can be a little annoying on this program at times, but my son figured out himself to just mute the sound to not get distracted. Also the map in the settings allows your child to pick an adventure place they want to explore that has lessons on different letters. Lots of interesting things on this program that make it not monotinous. I very happy we found it.
Not the right program for our family
There were a few bugs in the program, including the fact that I couldn’t delete “an adventurer.” Sometimes the background music worked, sometimes it didn’t. What really bothered me was that the program was too advanced even for the “easy” level. It jumped from the home row to the top row in two lessons! My eight year old daughter was never able to master the home row before she was sent to the next level. She couldn’t pass that level and got so frustrated she didn’t want to continue the program. I don’t blame her. There should be more practice at each level, so the child doesn’t have to hear over and over again, “Sorry, better luck next time.” I’m really surprised by all the positive reviews. I thought this program was simply awful!
Amazing Game, Totally Worth the Money
Awesome Product! I have just gotten started and already I am typing 30 wpm. Usually I do two lessons a day and then some games for review. Only had it two weeks and already I have %75 of the keyboard down. I love that this game only uses the keys I've learned. The variety keeps it so intresting and challenging for me, I just can't wait to play it. The track is detailed and useful so I can see how I'm doing - my speed, accuracy, and the keys I'm having trouble with.
too difficult for childrren
This app came reccomended by ADDitude magazine.I am very disappointed with this app. Besides the glitches, it's too advanced for children and made my 10 year old very discouraged. The program also needs to show the keyboard and hand placement on the computer screen until the user is proficient. Your child will have to look at the keys if they forgot where the letter is on the keyboard and that is not a good habit to start. I am not sure if this matters but I found it annoying that they obviously gave the boy in the app a girl's voice while the parrot had a boy's voice.