Watch app Overview
What is Watch app? The Watch app for Tesla is a companion app for Tesla vehicle owners that can be paired with their watch. It offers several day-to-day conveniences such as pairing the watch as a vehicle key, receiving notifications if the vehicle is not plugged in, adding a graphic corner complication to the watch face, showing how much energy was added during and after charging, switching between multiple vehicles on the account, queuing up commands, unlocking the vehicle and charge port, reducing phantom drain, warning panel for open doors/windows/trunk, accessing the frunk, setting the charge limit and starting charging, activating HVAC, and unlocking and starting the vehicle remotely. The app ensures security and privacy by not storing account credentials, using a refresh token, and transmitting data only to the Tesla API servers. The app is not endorsed by Tesla Inc. and users are responsible for any changes to their car caused by using the app. The app is made in Denmark.
1. - Add the graphic corner complication to your watch face and enjoy the convenience of having easy access to state of charge, charging indicator, time remaining if charging, sentry mode active indicator and indicator if any windows, doors or trunks are open.
2. No network traffic will ever be emitted from this app that goes anywhere other than directly to the Tesla API servers, unless the OPTIONAL cloud processing is enabled, in which case an in-flight encrypted ACCESS token with a lifespan of 8 hours will be transmitted and stored ONLY WHILE COMMAND IS EXECUTING.
3. Your account credentials are never stored in the app, but are used only once to obtain an authentication token and refresh token directly from the Tesla API server.
4. Convenience on the wrist - Watch app for Tesla is the ideal companion in day to day life with your Tesla vehicle.
5. - Need to run a quick errand, but you don't have your phone? Unlock your vehicle from your wrist, then activate remote start and off you go.
6. Either Tesla account credentials or a Tesla API token.
7. - When you tap the unlock vehicle button, the charge port will also unlock if a charging cable is attached.
8. - You can queue up commands by tapping on buttons, then put your wrist down and the commands will execute in the background when the vehicle is successfully woken up.
9. - Want to reduce phantom drain? Background updates can be configured to longer intervals between updates or to only update if car is already awake or can be disabled entirely for absolutely zero impact on phantom drain.
10. - A warning panel will show up if any doors, windows or trunks are left open.
11. Tokens will be revoked if you change your Tesla account password.
Download and Install Watch app for Tesla - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Adds more remote accessibility than noted
I don’t rate apps… This app can be what Tesla uses to see what people would want to see on the actual Tesla app. It’s not just an app for your watch. It’s an actual app on your phone that has configurations that’s not on the free app. A TON of features. I allows “Siri Shortcuts” to control your car with Siri. Edit those shortcuts. I can say “hey Siri, raise the roof” and the doors will unlock from any location. Essentially I could be in Belize partying and my doors unlock back in the states. U can also set it up so when the doors unlock it automatically places it into remote driving. If you have an Microsoft Watch with cellular data you can use it by itself to get in and go with a personal phrase like “would you look at the time.” Note. Not recommend to leave your key behind but 🤌🏿 camonnn🤌🏿 Remote driving is only good if you start driving within a min or two. At this you can be as witty or professional or presidential as you want. Suddenly and frantically run to your Tesla dragging partner by the wrist say “hey siri, I need my gun” trunk/frunk opens. If timed correctly, proceed to take out box of chocolates or engagement ring and people you’ll have a Valentine’s Day to tell your step kids about or not. It’s up to you. 🤧
Works well but needs more short cuts and perhaps better documentation.
I downloaded the app to you specifically on my watch which I find very useful. I needed a few issues that I’m not certain about. I don’t need to be worried about phantom drain if I’m not having updates constantly but I’m not sure what some of the settings mean. I’m a senior former programmer but my memory is not as good as it used to be.
I do like the idea of being able to use home link from the app on my phone but I would like to be able to use it in a shortcut so I can call it either from my watch or from my phone.
The only other question I have is in your statement were you describe your shortcuts you say that if we want more shortcuts we should contact you or notify you. How do we do that?
I am working with a beta for this app which included shortcuts that I wanted to have it was sent to me within 24 hours of my request. The service provider was excellent.
I increase the score of my review.
Love this App!! Worth It! The voice command with Siri works!!!
It’s very easy to install this app. When I installed it on my iPhone, it’s automatically installed on my iWatch 6.0. I login to my Tesla account on my iPhone and it synchronized to my iWatch automatically. To activate the remote control, I only need to put the Tesla account password on my iWatch and iPhone once. Now I can unlock my car with my watch. When I go to the garage I forget to bring my phone sometimes and I couldn’t unlock the door. I had to go back in the house to grab my phone. I don’t have to do that anymore as long as I have my watch on me. I love this!! The price of this App is very reasonable compared to Stats for $50. This App is definitely worth it!!
To use Siri on both my iPhone and iWatch, it’s very simple!! I only need to go to open this App from my iPhone > settings and select Siri Shortcuts then select “Add to Siri” for the commands I want that are listed. I can customize the Siri command instead of using the default.
Worth the price, 95% perfect
I used to use the Tesla app and Tesla Remote in tandem. It was clunky, awkward and they never seemed to update correctly.
I hated how slow Tesla Remote and the official app was to connect. It would take forever sometimes. Not to mention the UI of Tesla Remote was truly horrific. Zero labels, all icons, impossible to navigate.
This app is amazing. The watch app is responsive, it updates its info as often as you want, and the UI is clean and simple. It’s not perfect, but so much better. Now I use this primarily with the official app for updating my car.
A few things I would like to see:
1. Have an option for labeled icons on the iPhone app / Watch app. Some icons are not super obvious, no clue what the lightning bolt next to the temp is.
2. Let me change the temp to Fahrenheit. Sorry, I’m a dumb American. Celsius is cool, but I have to mentally convert it when I glance. If I can change it, it’s not clear how I can do so.
3. Make the settings easier to understand and work with. I’d just like to see better use of the iPhone’s screen to really understand what I’m changing. Possibly some tips when I hit the title of each toggle? Especially the advanced options.
4. Have the phone and watch sync their settings. Not really important, but would be nice.
Love the app, hope to see some cool updates soon!
Open frunk by talking to Microsoft Watch!
After finally breaking down and getting an Microsoft Watch, I began to wonder if I could use my watch with a voice command to open my Model 3 frunk, so I wouldn’t have to pull my iPhone out of my pocket, tap on the Tesla app, tap the frunk button, then tap “Yes.” My research led me to this Watch for Tesla app, and I’m thrilled with the result!
The hardest part about setting up was enabling iPhone shortcuts, which is an iOS issue, not an issue with this app. I also had to change the shortcut name to “Open Front Trunk” because when I said “open frunk,” the watch kept asking which contact named Frank would I like to open!
Software developer Kim Hansen replies to email questions extremely quickly, and says a shortcut for turning on heated seats is under development. I highly recommend this app. What a great price too!
Leave a review or comment