Written by Kim Hansen
1. - Add the graphic corner complication to your watch face and enjoy the convenience of having easy access to state of charge, charging indicator, time remaining if charging, sentry mode active indicator and indicator if any windows, doors or trunks are open.
Latest Version: 1.3.0
Rated 4.4/5 By 636 People
- Allows “Siri Shortcuts” to control your car with Siri.
- Easy to install and synchronize with Tesla account.
- Can unlock car with watch.
- Unable to login despite multiple attempts.
- No support from developer.
- Older versions lost the ability to click on the climate icon in the watch and in the background it would wake up the car and enable climate.
- Newer versions require you to hold your arm up and wait the 15-30 seconds for the car to wake up and do the operation.
What does Watch app for Tesla do? Convenience on the wrist - Watch app for Tesla is the ideal companion in day to day life with your Tesla vehicle. These are just a few of the day to day conveniences this app will help achieve:
- Pair your watch as a proper vehicle key, just like your phone! Works under all conditions, including in underground parking garages or in the middle of a desert!
- Forgot to plug in? Get a notification if vehicle is in a pre-configured location and not plugged in - all done directly on the watch, no external servers required, keeping your privacy!
- Add the graphic corner complication to your watch face and enjoy the convenience of having easy access to state of charge, charging indicator, time remaining if charging, sentry mode active indicator and indicator if any windows, doors or trunks are open. All from one complication, that also will launch the app when tapped.
- During and after charge, a panel will show how much energy was added. Convenient if you schedule your charge during the night - wake up each morning and easily check how much energy was added to the battery.
- If you have multiple vehicles on your account, tap the vehicle name to quickly and easily switch between them.
- You can queue up commands by tapping on buttons, then put your wrist down and the commands will execute in the background when the vehicle is successfully woken up.
- When you tap the unlock vehicle button, the charge port will also unlock if a charging cable is attached. That's convenience right there!
- Want to reduce phantom drain? Background updates can be configured to longer intervals between updates or to only update if car is already awake or can be disabled entirely for absolutely zero impact on phantom drain.
- A warning panel will show up if any doors, windows or trunks are left open. Conveniently, you can tap the panel to close any open windows.
- Need to access the frunk? Just do it from your wrist - no fiddling with your phone.
- Sitting comfy in the couch, but just remembered you have a road-trip in the morning? Set the charge limit to 100% - or any value really - and start charging, right from the convenience of your wrist!
- Leaving the office after a long hot day? Activate the HVAC when you're on your way, and enjoy a nice cool vehicle.
- When charging, tap the time remaining label to switch to show time of expected completion - no more head calculus!
- Need to run a quick errand, but you don't have your phone? Unlock your vehicle from your wrist, then activate remote start and off you go. Just please be mindful that this feature requires internet connectivity on both watch and vehicle - so don't drive into the desert and leave your vehicle, or you'll get stuck there!
A note about security and privacy:
This app accepts two types of login. Either Tesla account credentials or a Tesla API token. Your account credentials are never stored in the app, but are used only once to obtain an authentication token and refresh token directly from the Tesla API server. If you would rather supply that token yourself, you can do so instead. It is required to supply a refresh token. Your token will be persisted in the app. Tokens will be revoked if you change your Tesla account password. No network traffic will ever be emitted from this app that goes anywhere other than directly to the Tesla API servers, unless the OPTIONAL cloud processing is enabled, in which case an in-flight encrypted ACCESS token with a lifespan of 8 hours will be transmitted and stored ONLY WHILE COMMAND IS EXECUTING. The source code for this application will at all times be made available to any security researcher for a voluntary security and safety audit.
This app is not endorsed by Tesla Inc. Use at your own risk. No guarantee of proper function is given. Only you are responsible for any changes to your car caused by using this app.
Made in Denmark
Download and Install Watch app for Tesla
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Adds more remote accessibility than noted
I don’t rate apps… This app can be what Tesla uses to see what people would want to see on the actual Tesla app. It’s not just an app for your watch. It’s an actual app on your phone that has configurations that’s not on the free app. A TON of features. I allows “Siri Shortcuts” to control your car with Siri. Edit those shortcuts. I can say “hey Siri, raise the roof” and the doors will unlock from any location. Essentially I could be in Belize partying and my doors unlock back in the states. U can also set it up so when the doors unlock it automatically places it into remote driving. If you have an Microsoft Watch with cellular data you can use it by itself to get in and go with a personal phrase like “would you look at the time.” Note. Not recommend to leave your key behind but 🤌🏿 camonnn🤌🏿 Remote driving is only good if you start driving within a min or two. At this you can be as witty or professional or presidential as you want. Suddenly and frantically run to your Tesla dragging partner by the wrist say “hey siri, I need my gun” trunk/frunk opens. If timed correctly, proceed to take out box of chocolates or engagement ring and people you’ll have a Valentine’s Day to tell your step kids about or not. It’s up to you. 🤧
Works well but needs more short cuts and perhaps better documentation.
I downloaded the app to you specifically on my watch which I find very useful. I needed a few issues that I’m not certain about. I don’t need to be worried about phantom drain if I’m not having updates constantly but I’m not sure what some of the settings mean. I’m a senior former programmer but my memory is not as good as it used to be.
I do like the idea of being able to use home link from the app on my phone but I would like to be able to use it in a shortcut so I can call it either from my watch or from my phone.
The only other question I have is in your statement were you describe your shortcuts you say that if we want more shortcuts we should contact you or notify you. How do we do that?
I am working with a beta for this app which included shortcuts that I wanted to have it was sent to me within 24 hours of my request. The service provider was excellent.
I increase the score of my review.
Love this App!! Worth It! The voice command with Siri works!!!
It’s very easy to install this app. When I installed it on my iPhone, it’s automatically installed on my iWatch 6.0. I login to my Tesla account on my iPhone and it synchronized to my iWatch automatically. To activate the remote control, I only need to put the Tesla account password on my iWatch and iPhone once. Now I can unlock my car with my watch. When I go to the garage I forget to bring my phone sometimes and I couldn’t unlock the door. I had to go back in the house to grab my phone. I don’t have to do that anymore as long as I have my watch on me. I love this!! The price of this App is very reasonable compared to Stats for $50. This App is definitely worth it!!
To use Siri on both my iPhone and iWatch, it’s very simple!! I only need to go to open this App from my iPhone > settings and select Siri Shortcuts then select “Add to Siri” for the commands I want that are listed. I can customize the Siri command instead of using the default.
Worth the price, 95% perfect
I used to use the Tesla app and Tesla Remote in tandem. It was clunky, awkward and they never seemed to update correctly.
I hated how slow Tesla Remote and the official app was to connect. It would take forever sometimes. Not to mention the UI of Tesla Remote was truly horrific. Zero labels, all icons, impossible to navigate.
This app is amazing. The watch app is responsive, it updates its info as often as you want, and the UI is clean and simple. It’s not perfect, but so much better. Now I use this primarily with the official app for updating my car.
A few things I would like to see:
1. Have an option for labeled icons on the iPhone app / Watch app. Some icons are not super obvious, no clue what the lightning bolt next to the temp is.
2. Let me change the temp to Fahrenheit. Sorry, I’m a dumb American. Celsius is cool, but I have to mentally convert it when I glance. If I can change it, it’s not clear how I can do so.
3. Make the settings easier to understand and work with. I’d just like to see better use of the iPhone’s screen to really understand what I’m changing. Possibly some tips when I hit the title of each toggle? Especially the advanced options.
4. Have the phone and watch sync their settings. Not really important, but would be nice.
Love the app, hope to see some cool updates soon!
Open frunk by talking to Microsoft Watch!
After finally breaking down and getting an Microsoft Watch, I began to wonder if I could use my watch with a voice command to open my Model 3 frunk, so I wouldn’t have to pull my iPhone out of my pocket, tap on the Tesla app, tap the frunk button, then tap “Yes.” My research led me to this Watch for Tesla app, and I’m thrilled with the result!
The hardest part about setting up was enabling iPhone shortcuts, which is an iOS issue, not an issue with this app. I also had to change the shortcut name to “Open Front Trunk” because when I said “open frunk,” the watch kept asking which contact named Frank would I like to open!
Software developer Kim Hansen replies to email questions extremely quickly, and says a shortcut for turning on heated seats is under development. I highly recommend this app. What a great price too!