1. If you come from the Windows world, you may be missing a small utility: Notepad, a simple but essential tool for editing plain text files.
2. Moped intends to give a Windows Notepad feel, while being a full native of PC, with a touch of modern syntax highlight and themes.
3. While PC counts on its own built-in text editor: TextEdit, it is actually more like a Rich Text Editor with full images, fonts and layout support.
4. Tip: If you have any issues or questions, please use the Support URL in order to get the best help, posting a review with a question doesn't really give much choices (or space) to assist you.
5. Similar to the built-in Windows Write or WordPad.
6. There are known settings to make it look and feel lighter, but inside it's still the same.
7. It's bigger and with older code than it needs to be.
8. It kind of feels heavier than it should and in the way.
9. You can get the source and peek inside.
Download and Install Moped Text Editor - PC
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
This is probably what you want
I was hopeful that I would find something that fit my needs on here, but not optimistic. This is actually exactly perfect, and bonus, I both ride and completely love mopeds, so that is also cool.
Great for quick edits
I use multiple text editors for programming and editing text files.
Moped is a great alternative for times when you don't want to load a more "full fledged" editor which might have noticable delay in opening the file.
This is especially great when you just want to peek into the file, and may be do a quick edit.
And Roberto has been gracious to accept feature requests when I made them.
The greatest text editor of all time
Get it or you are not very epic
Windows Equivalent to Windows Notepad
Looking for a Windows Notepad on a Windows?
Look no further.
Get Moped Text Editor!
Simple and Clean Notepad App
I tried many Windows Notepad-like apps in the App Store and they all were decent, but always seemed to lack some random basic function (e.g. word wrap on/off, etc).
This app, though, provides everything I needed. But I noticed that when I save my changes, the app refreshs and scrolls to the top of the file. Then I have to find my place again. All thanks to a decades-long, paranoia-driven habit of saving frequently (hitting Crtl-S is so easy to do on Macs and PCs).
Anyway, this app is perfect. 5 stars. Thanks!
Leave a review or comment