Written by Nektony
Latest Version: 8.0.2
Rated 4.5/5 By 3,183 People
What does Cleaner-App do? Cleaner-App is a cleaning software tool that organizes and optimizes disk space usage, creating more free storage space on your Mac.
Whether duplicate files are taking up precious disk space, your startup disk is full, or you want to see what’s taking up space on your Mac, Cleaner-App provides the best solution.
Use Cleaner-App to free up disk space on your Mac.
Cleaner-App is a quick disk space cleaner, which combines multiple cleanup functions in one software app:
▹ Disk space cleaner
▹ Downloaded files finder
▹ Installation files finder
▹ Screenshot files finder
▹ Same name files finder
▹ Duplicate files remover
▹ Similar photos cleaner
How to clean Mac hard drive using Cleaner-App:
1. Launch the application; wait a minute for scan completion.
2. Switch to each section to see your largest files, downloads, installer packages, screenshots, duplicate files, same name files, and photo series files.
3. Select unneeded files from your Mac storage, and then click the Review and Remove button.
4. Preview and review the selected files and confirm their removal.
5. The files will be moved to Trash Bin
With Cleaner-App, you can quickly complete your Mac cleanup task and get rid of clutter.
Use Cleaner-App to clean up your Mac the easy way.
Largest Files Section
• Analyze your disk space usage
• Find the largest files on your Mac
• Remove the bulkiest content from your disk
• Preview a list of all downloaded files
• Remove unneeded downloads
Installer Packages Section
• Skim the list of app installation files
• Remove unneeded installation files
PRO: Screenshots Section
• Look through the screenshots on Mac
• Remove unnecessary screenshots
PRO: Duplicate Files Section
• Find duplicate files (photos, videos, music, documents and any other type of files)
• Search duplicates by name
• Preview and sort duplicates by name, size, date or file type
• Remove useless duplicate files
PRO: Same Name Files Section
• Find files with identical names
• Search files by name
• Sort files by name, size, date or type
• Preview the files
• Organize your files by removing unneeded files
PRO: Photo Series Section
• Find similar photos from the same photoshoot session
• Search files by name
• Sort files by name, size, date or type
• Remove unwanted similar photos
Please note that the application is free to download, but PRO features are only available by upgrading to PRO via in-app purchase. “Upgrade to PRO” is a one-time in-app purchase.
Cleaner-App’s FREE mode allows you to:
▸ Find the largest files, downloads, installation files, screenshot files, duplicate files, same name files, and photo session files
▸ Preview all files found by the app
▸ Use the built-in search feature to find files
▸ Remove the largest unneeded files, downloads, and installation files
▸ Scan and analyze another disk or folder mounted to your Mac
Use Cleaner-App Free to scan your startup disk, find unneeded files, remove unnecessary files in the “Largest”, “Downloads”, and “Installer Packages” sections.
Cleaner-App’s PRO mode provides more features, including the ability to:
▸ Do all the tasks available in the free mode
▸ Remove screenshots, duplicate files, same name files, and photoshoots files
Use Cleaner-App PRO to remove files in all sections and keep your Mac’s hard drive clean.
If you want to free up space on your Mac quickly, use Cleaner-App. This application will find unneeded files and help you to easily get rid of them, leaving your disk space more organized and optimized.
Cleaner-App will help you to clean startup disk on Mac in minutes. Also, you can change the default folder in the app preferences, then scan and clean up any hard drive connected to Mac.
NOTE: If you have any comments, general or technical issues, contact us directly at [email protected] and we will respond within one business day.
Download and Install Cleaner-App
VPN Client - Best VPN Service
Intel, 64-bit processor, OS X 10.7 or later.
If you want to download the software on your pc or mac, you could either first visit the Mac store or Windows AppStore and search for the app OR you can easily use any of the download links we provided above under the "Download and Install" header section to download the application
Yes. The app is 100 percent (100%) safe to download and Install. Our download links are from safe sources and are frequently virus scanned to protect you
Essential - Should be included in
- Short summarized review - If you like keeping your computer as streamlined as possible and the idea of random useless files left behind by apps even if you 'deleted' them, get the app. -
- Detailed review - I had no idea how much junk was left behind every time that I 'deleted' an app. This app is also great for generally resetting applicatioms back to their 'default' state. For instance, I was having a very irritating problem with the photos app on the latest macOS version I just installed (Mohave). It would just crash as soon as I opened it and I couldn't figure out what the hell was wrong. I finally decided to use this app to search for everything related to the app (application cache, log files, photo library ... etc) and I just deleted everything. Everything works perfectly now. app is so useful for anything from removing all the crap left behind when you 'delete' an app to resetting applications to their default settings (troubleshooting). Honestly I don't buy in-app purchases for anything but I actually bought the $4.99 upgrade thing. -
Works great and removed Outlook 2016 on my Mac
Downloaded and purchased the Pro version right awaying after going through the reviews and seeing so many positive ones about this app. There are a lot of apps out on the internet that claim to remove apps, but I was hesitant of them since I didn’t trust them and didn’t see any reviews on them.
FYI - to remove programs, you’ll need to purchase the Pro version for $4.99. For the price, it’s worth it. I’ve been wanting to uninstall Outlook 2016 on my MAC since I don’t use it and was looking for an app that would completely remove Outlook along with all associated files in the /Library folder without me having to manually go through folders. It appears this app worked and I checked through the /Library folders and did not see any traces of Outlook files. Also, this app found leftover files of apps I previously deleted so another “thumbs up”! The interface is easy to use!!
Fight back against sneaky developer “implants”!
App cleaner for me has become an invaluable tool. This has a lot to do with developers making it impossible to completely uninstall apps that offer free trials. A perfect case is Cold Turkey. I read about it and decided to give it a free try. But after a few minutes I knew it wasn’t for me. Then came the hard part: uninstalling. I had forgotten I have App Cleaner so I started with going to Finder and moving Turkey to trash. Impossible to do. Mac message kept saying it was still running. Try Force Quit but it’s not even listed.
Went online. There seem to be at least 20 posts about how nefarious Cold Turkey is when you try and get it out completely. Fortunately I remembered I had boiught app cleaner. Opened the app and it completely “axed" Cold Turkey in less than 15 seconds.
Support if you need it is very high level and response is less than 24 hours.
this app is a must.
Best in breed!
Well-worth the price for anyone who strives to keep their OS mean and lean!
Have wasted countless hours over the years with apps that claim to remove all traces of a program, only to find bits scatered through the OS thereafter.
App Cleaner is as straightforward and effective as the name implies. I’ve had it for a few years and havee run it through the inquisition by uninstalling then re-installing apps a few times and verifying the results with folder and Spotlight searches. Hasn’t failed me yet. This new Extension Manager is a welcome upgrade as it removes my one minor gripe with earlier releases. Sometimes the old versions would segregate extensions ans installers as “remainders” and you’d have to nuke them that way. This new tweak streamlines the process as well providing another handy way to keep tabs on which extension are running or not.